It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush spits on tortured vets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bush spits on tortured combat vets

WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 � The Bush administration is seeking to block a group of American troops who were tortured in Iraqi prisons during the Persian Gulf war in 1991 from collecting any of the hundreds of millions of dollars in frozen Iraqi assets they won last summer in a federal court ruling against the government of Saddam Hussein.

"This was a major human rights decision. It never occurred to me in my wildest dreams that I would then see our government coming in on the side of Saddam Hussein and his regime to absolve them of responsibility for the brutal torture of Americans."

www.commondreams.org...

And you wonder why I call them demonspawn? And I say they truly hate America and Americans? You can't say this isn't an outrage. These bastards ALWAYS go against American interests! Then, say "God bless America!"

Does it matter to you? Nope. Doesn't matter worth a damn. You love these animals.

But, what's a soldier to do when the commander in chief tramples his rights, gets him maimed or killed? What's a soldier to do?

You repugnants disgust me.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
thats horrible and absurd,, they dont even want to delay the judgement,,just throw it out,,that means all countries in the future will not fear this kind of judgement since it wont count if they are overthrown,,unbelievable

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All this and Bush wants to wear his "flight suit" and stand with real servicemen and women. This is just demonic. There is no moral outrage or evil that is beyond the Bush cabal.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Bush also just signed a bill giving 3times more money to the families of fallen soldiers.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Bush also just signed a bill giving 3times more money to the families of fallen soldiers.

What bill is this? If he gave this money, why is Shoshana Johnson, a black vet, still trying to get her money for disability when she was REALLY doing the fighting in Iraq. This happens happens all the time.

How you can sit there and defend Satan's children is beyond me, unless you're one of 'em.

It's obscene and there's no defense toit. I hate repugnants.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What's amazing about this thread is that you can actually SEE how the repugnants NEVER supported the troops---unless they are out there killing somebody (and not risking their own repugnant lives).

Its just a lot of talk just to satisfy thier bloodlust b/c these people really have the Spirit of Cain in them.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You are BACK from Da BIG house! All right. Let the fire start flowing!

BTW - Did you happen to THINK about the fcat that the DEMOCRATS have TRADITIONALLY CUT Defense spending and when you cut defense spending you CUT the Veterans as well?

HOW can you possibly support the Vets and the Democrats at the same time? It's a mutually EXCLUSIVE combination!

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

All this and Bush wants to wear his "flight suit" and stand with real servicemen and women. This is just demonic. There is no moral outrage or evil that is beyond the Bush cabal.

I Guess it's lonely at the top

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
YOU'RE MISSING THE BIG PICTURE HERE...
BUSH WON'T APPROVE OR GO ALONG WITH GIVING THESE VETS THE MONEY THAT WAS SEIZED AND FROZEN ASSESTS FROM IRAQ BECAUSE THERE'S A BIGGER PLAN FOR ALL OF THAT MONEY...

NWO !!!!!! WHAT BETTER WAY TO USE THOSE FUNDS

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For contractors & wars to earn field promotions, absolutely.

Look at the Bush Track record to date:

- Military base school closures - so soldier parents get screwed

- Massive number of forclosures on properties of those deployed

- Laughable wait periods at VA hospitals

- cutting one or the other for those receiving military retirement benefits & disability benefits

- cut in hazard pay

- cut in death benefit

Hell, just read army times.

From todays NY Times:

For example, last week the magazine Army Times ran a story with the headline "An Act of `Betrayal,' " and the subtitle "In the midst of war, key family benefits face cuts." The article went on to assert that there has been "a string of actions by the Bush administration to cut or hold down growth in pay and benefits, including basic pay, combat pay, health-care benefits and the death gratuity paid to survivors of troops who die on active duty."

At one level, this pattern of cuts is standard operating procedure. Just about every apparent promise of financial generosity this administration has made (other than those involving tax cuts for top brackets and corporate contracts) has turned out to be nonoperational. No Child Left Behind got left behind � or at least left without funds. AmeriCorps got praised in the State of the Union address, then left high and dry in the budget that followed. New York's firefighters and policemen got a photo-op with the president, but very little money. For that matter, it's clear that New York will never see the full $20 billion it was promised for rebuilding. Why shouldn't soldiers find themselves subject to the same kind of bait and switch?

Yet one might have expected the administration to treat the military differently, if only as a matter of sheer political calculation. After all, the military needs some mollifying: the Iraq war has turned increasingly nightmarish, and deference toward the administration is visibly eroding. Even Pfc. Jessica Lynch has, to her credit, balked at playing her scripted role.

So what's going on? One answer is that once you've instilled a Scrooge mentality throughout the government, it's hard to be selective. But I also suspect that a government of, by and for the economic elite is having trouble overcoming its basic lack of empathy with the working-class men and women who make up our armed forces.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yup, there's a non-biased source of information if I've ever read one, yeah-buddy.

Makes you think of CNN as a right-wing news source, huh?

Come back when the source is decent and non-biased to some acceptable degree, please.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Army Times is Biased!?!?!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Are you kidding? The military has been askewed in alot of its reporting since General Kash-the-wassisname was appointed by Clinton!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder

...That's because the dead can't press charges...Just give their families some money & stick 'em in the ground. It's the *surviving & maimed* vets that have to live with being crippled or suffer under continuing lack of medical care that Bush doesn't care about. And Bush himself was constantly ignoring his duties during his "term of service" (& I'm using that term *very* loosely; He was constantly skipping out on his duties for flying patrol).

Originally posted by Springer
...when you cut defense spending you CUT the Veterans as well?

Not true...The VA is owned & operated by *civilians*! Granted, there's plenty of vets who work *in* the VA & they get *some* government funds (but they have to fight for that harder than getting private funding), but it's operated & funded mostly by civilian corporations...What a coincidence that Bush has a lot of Corporate Cronies as members in his Bully Boy Gang.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Iraq, Afghanistan contracts going to Bush donors

Many of the companies that have received government contracts to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan have collectively contributed more money to President Bush's election campaigns than to any other candidate in more than a decade

While some of the contractors were previously known to have ties to White House officials -- such as Halliburton, formerly headed by Vice President Dick Cheney -- the group found several lesser-known firms that also are linked to senior government officials. One small company's sole employee is married to a deputy assistant secretary of defense.

www.boston.com...

this is why bush cant find the money for the vets...he needs it to give to himself and all his buddys that started all this shyt...damn this is so obvious is makes me sick...how can anybody support this war...operation iraqi freedom...laughable

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Commissaries and the Defense Department�s stateside schools are in the crosshairs of Pentagon budget cutters, and military advocates, families and even base commanders are up in arms.
Defense officials notified the services in mid-October that they intend to close 19 commissaries and may close 19 more, mostly in remote areas.

At the same time, the Pentagon is finishing a study to determine whether to close or transfer control of the 58 schools it operates on 14 military installations in the continental United States

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has made no secret of his desire to get the military out of support activities that are not central to its core war-fighting functions, said Joseph Tafoya, director of the Department of Defense Education Activity. As soon as he arrived at the Pentagon three years ago, Tafoya said, Rumsfeld began asking: �Why am I running stores? Why am I in education?�

new topics

top topics

join