It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-5 on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
On the planet Mars I discovered G-5. This is a location on Mars with the giant letter G and the giant numeral 5 together in this sequence. This has to be a significant find because there are many interesting anomolies at ground zero and surrounding areas near G-5. Has any one seen or know of this location from satellite photos. Give me your thoughts. No prize for anyone finding the location, only recognition that you have found it, kind of like a treasure hunt, just having fun.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
oh great. you sunk my battleship.

any hints where to look? Mars is a small planet, but it's still a planet.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I will give everyone time to view but will give everyone some hints. G-5 is in plane view like a giant bill board directly on the surface of Mars. Rik

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
read my lips
WHERE IS THE LINK

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Awe you asked the right question. The area I am talking about where G-5 is located is in the eastern hemisphere of Mars. Now as you know that covers a mighty big area for this small planet Mars. G-5 sticks out like a sore thumb similar too if you would open a book half way standing it up at 90 degrees on a table with the covers facing you with G on one cover and 5 on the other. The G-5 is quite some distance from the Schiaparelli Crater. Schiaparelli, was a 19th-century Italian astonomer who was known to study the surface of Mars intensely. As a reference the crater is 400km across and is located 340 degrees W, 2 degrees S. The first G-5 photo I saw came out of USGS, flagstaff. The G-5 was not brought to my attention, I found it in the neighborhood myself. The web-site has changed and I am hoping this Particular photo is still archived, It should be available. Here is an existing site pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov... happy hunting. Rik

[edit on 29-10-2006 by rikriley]

top topics

join