It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger Over Cali. Wildfire Set By Arsonist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

BEAUMONT, California (CNN) -- Yesterday I heard a California Department of Forestry chief say, "This is a very difficult day for the Forest Service. And this is a very difficult fire."

I can feel the difference here. I've covered a lot of wildfires, and most times the officials are very matter-of-fact and analytical as they describe what's going on with the fire. These guys are angry.

The anger is fueled by their belief that arsonists are responsible for the wildfire that has killed four firefighters and left one fighting for his life. More than 1,000 people are still putting their lives on the line battling the blaze that's burned nearly 24,000 acres near Palm Springs.

www.cnn.com...

This wildfire out in California was a sad reminder of how brittle lives are. Four Division of Foresty firefighters in California have been killed fighting the fire that has been raging for almost a week. These four firefighters were members of a crew of five whose apparatus was overwhelmed bya wildfire last week that was intentionally set. The fifth firefighter is fighting for their life in a burn unit in Los Angeles I believe.

These four members were murdered because of some sick and sadistic person that got gored. Whoever did this needs to come forward and accepted that they are responsible for their actions. These actions were bad enough in its own way, but to claim the lives of four men who were there just to do their jobs. This person must have no regard for human life whatsoever.

Now, remember, this is coming from the son of a firefighter/emt who had spent many a nite thinking whether or not if they are going to come home. Fortunately, that has been every time after the bell and tones have dropped.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It is sad that people can be so cruel to both the enviroment and other people.

God bless these men and women who fight these fires.

Hopefully there will be no more injuries.

Is there any empirical evidence pointing to arsony?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It is sad that there are people out there that will actually do this for pleasure and it sickens me. These firefighters died doing what they were sworn to do. What is also as about this is if the people are caught, they may get by with a slap on the wrist. The person or persons that are responsible can get by with what they did because their lawyer plead the bull "Not Guilty By Reason Of Pyromania" for their clients. If they were smart enough to commit the crime, then they should do the time. I'm afraid that if this happens, these families of the fallen bretheren would not have gotten any justice.

I, personally, want to see the books thrown at these monsters.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
It is sad that people can be so cruel to both the enviroment and other people.

God bless these men and women who fight these fires.

Hopefully there will be no more injuries.

Is there any empirical evidence pointing to arsony?

Yes, i couldn't agree more. They are true heroes.

So far the only evidence mentioned is two separate sightings of two young men running from the area where it started, at around the time it started.

There had been a rash of fires in that general area in the last few months.

My family and I had to evacuate in the 2003 fires. This one stayed on the other side of the hills this time, though the wife said she has things packed anyway, just in case.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't mean to sound cynical, but I would hate to live in a place where you have to worry about your house burning down because of a wildfire. We get them here in the hills of West Virginia, but ours are nothing compared to the ones you guys have out there.

top topics

join