It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help identifying a Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hi folks, I can't for the life of me find out what building this is so I'm putting the call out for help.

I've seen it referred to once as the Irving Trust Building, but from the pics I've found that is likely incorrect, although it can;t be ruled out.

If someone can identify it for me, and even find some structural details on the building along the way, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Apparently that's 101 Barclay Street, aka Irving Trust Operations Center, aka Bank of New York Corporate Trust Operations Center (source).

Google image search for "101 Barclay Street" gives this:

And this image: bnyalumni.tripod.com...

[edit on 29-10-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thank you, bsbray.

[edit on 2006-10-29 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Now that wasn't hard now was it guys.. A little research goes a long long way.. It was almost like you didn't do it yourselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wasn't that the Travellers building? It used to have the big umbrella on it that you could see on the west side highway going towards the Battery tunnel.

Pie

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You may be thinking of this, PieMan:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes indeed, that is 101 Barclay Street.

At first I thought it was 1 New York Plaza. But it isn't because 1 New York Plaza is located at 125 Broad Street in Manhattan.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
You may be thinking of this, PieMan:

[atsmemory.loc.gov...[/ats]

Yeah..Jeez has it been that long since I have been in Manhattan!? Wow my memory is going bad. I tend to stay in Brooklyn. I hate going down there. I was way off.

Is the original OP's photo of that building facing the Travelers Building? I remember a long time ago some guy got an apartment in a buidling facing the Travellers and had put up signs in his windows because he was denied treatment under his insurance. Maybe thats why I thought of the Umbrella.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by ThePieMaN]

top topics

join