It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Believe in the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Choose from the following:

1) God believes the Bible is precise and Humans should study it to Love God more.
2) God believes the Bible is precise and Humans should partly study it to Love God more.
3) God believes the Bible is precise and Humans should never study it to Love God more.
4) God believes the Bible is partly precise and Humans should study it to Love God more.
5) God believes the Bible is partly precise and Humans should partly study it to Love God more.
6) God believes the Bible is partly precise and Humans should never study it to Love God more.
7) God believes the Bible is completely imprecise and Humans should study it to Love God more.
8) God believes the Bible is completely imprecise and Humans should partly study it to Love God more.
9) God believes the Bible is completely imprecise and Humans should never study it to Love God more.

I choose 4 as there has been an element of Love in my life since I began studying the Bible. It is the Best Book out there but it does fall into imprecision as it was written by humans with heavy inspiration but by others with much less inspiration. Even with "100 percent inspiration", a human can never say (in complex language)that God did it as God has Love and Power beyond human imagination.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
More fascinating questions here, I think you're right with option 4, that seems about right to me.

Personally I would have thought that "God knows that....." would be more precise, but thats just my opinion.

You are right, It could never be 100% accurate due to the imperfection of people.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
GT - God IS THE source of all things - the power behind all things - and the responsible party for all things....

Why would he need to believe anything? He can SEE ALL. HE is all, in all...

But, actually - the bible is a love song from God to His bride...that one poor little sheep that he loved so much he spent the whole Sabbath digging her out of her pit (where she was lost).

The 'Lamb' slain is the bride! Not a bunch of people, but just one gal - just like Christ was one man (on earth); so is His bride. He isn't going to marry a building or a gathering of people - he will marry a gathering of souls in the body of one woman.

It is man who must believe (and believe me - it is impossible to believe or imagine the strange and wonderful ways of my LORD) - believe what?

Christ's words. No more - no less. And He speaks so simply and consistently! With authority...and what do people do? Trust Peter; trust St. Jerome (bad choice) - trust some prophet that sell the 'word of the LORD' for profit!

What is the result? ONE really erroneous thing: that Haliel was 'Lucifer' who was totally in error, unrepentant, and doomed for ever - because Haliel wanted to be 'like God.'

HOW is that a SIN?!?!?!?

What did Christ say?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
~Matthew 5:48

Did He lie?!?!

NO!

Then, what's the problem? Where is the sin? Perhaps it turns out that ONLY one being in all the universe loved God enough to actually SEEK Him out and ask for His Mind? Out of love??

Doesn't EVERY Father want a 'chip off the old block?'

Yep. But yet man condemns God's beloved and only son - as a devil and doom. And then claims to be his 'bride!' Brides are traditionally female. Hard to start a family with a bunch of men-shepherds! Which one would He pick? The ones without beards?

Just kidding - but I hope you see my point. Don't worry, though, GT - I know you love God with all your heart - and so does God. God's been hiding on purpose but not from you (for you!)

God sure does believe the bible - but there is going to be proof against ALL those who dwell upon the Earth - that they sought Him not. These will be signs (that the world will - and HAS - seen in concrete manifestation - and it will be supported by the bible and two living breathing human beings - both 100% approved by God to give testimony) And it will be according to the law of 'from the mouth of two or three witnesses shall all things be established.'

And then, everyone can read it (or not, if they choose) and they can do it totally on their own - read it over and over with different interpretations/understandings each time! Change is growth - stagnation is death! And you are 100% right - the bible is actually King Solomon's magick book of pure LOVE - NO ONE that actually reads it, without motive except to read the word of God to see what God says, will have hate prosper in their soul - love will come from reading the bible - just reading the words is MAGICK!

God blesses you, GT, and I do, too!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
but it does fall into imprecision as it was written by humans with heavy inspiration but by others with much less inspiration.

2 Timothy 3:[14] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

As you can see from verse 16 God had His hand in it all, ruling out imprecision. The Bible is for man's benefit so that we can come to God through Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
As you can see from verse 16 God had His hand in it all, ruling out imprecision. The Bible is for man's benefit so that we can come to God through Jesus Christ.

yada yada yada yada blah blah blah

I love you for real, dbrandt! I don't mind that you are blind and refuse salve to see - BUT your love is wax! Hard and cold!

You know that is the way that was old! God is hanging around on ATS - lurking and watching and writing names down!

Better to be all the way naughty or all the way nice - but lukewarm is like accidently drinking pee!

YUK!

( listen to me - I've got the Ring with the seal! You may be civil to me and Sun Matrix is rude - but according to hearts he's got lots of love - love is love even if crude! )

But it doesn't matter - you do not lie (except to self - but that is currently set to 'default')

I'll keep your name in my book! And when God comes to dinner with me - He will be having a look!

I am Santy Claws this year! Naughty or nice? Catnip, coal, or mice!

What? You want it all? Okay, first wrestle with my Bumble!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Which of the following do you believe?

1) The Bible is God's word and Humans have the same interpretation of it.
2) The Bible is God's word and Humans have partly different interpretations of it.
3) The Bible is God's word and Humans have completely different interpretations of it.
4) The Bible is partly God's word and Humans have the same interpretation of it.
5) The Bible is partly God's word and Humans have partly different interpretations of it.
6) The Bible is partly God's word and Humans have completely different interpretations of it.
7) The Bible is not God's word and Humans have the same interpretation of it.
8) The Bible is not God's word and Humans have partly different interpretations of it.
9) The Bible is not God's word and Humans have completely different interpretations of it.

I choose 5. The Bible is part-God-inspired and part-man-inspired. How else do you explain the fruitful words of wisdom in the Bible? How else do you explain the murders and killings in the Bible?

A book is only as sound as its interpretation.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
On your latest list, I would choose 6, as you say people have different interpretations, but they can be very different, such as the difference between Catholicim to that of Evangelism in America.

Just out of interest, which part are you from GreatTech?

[edit on 30-10-2006 by apex]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Gentile Prophet opi_0dd precides, all be seated.

What about the Torah and the Qu'ran? :shk:

I think God is beyond the bible. Rather.. hes beyond it and he IS it, literally.

Because God said, "I am the word." (thank you EsoTea)

So he's literally the word.. any words you see/hear/think that inspire you to achieve or to do what you need to do, or to live a good life.. or to question God, all of these words are God himself incarnate.

Which would mean if God is every word of every language everywhere, God must be in more than one place at the same time in our terms, and as silly as it sounds must be inside of each of us, because we write words, and speak words. For example, these words im writing, these words you're reading .. this is God incarnate. Knowledge is God.

So. If God is literally the words, when he wants you to read/hear/speak, and hes in multiple places at once, then he must also be inside each of us, and thus the saying "God is in every one of us" and "God is inside of you" and all of that. I never believed it when I heard it.

Just imagine, The Big-Bang was like God suicide-bombing his physical material self in the centre of the empty universe, creating the most powerful explosion ever, causing all of his mass, his matter, his essense, to split into bizillions of little pieces that formed stars and planets and eventual life forms and people. We call it elements, hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, etc .. but the periodic table is what you make of it. We could call hydrogen oxygen, and say hydrogens molecular make-up was identical to oxygen, and if we controlled every single aspect of reality like God does or did, well then we could say hydrogen is really oxygen and vice versa, because all it is are words, to label. Words can't truely describe something, its true description is its' true image, something visual that words cannot describe.

But God said "I am the word". How could God not be able to adaquetely define something in the physical form, in our 4 dimensional form, with just words? He is the word afterall.

This leads me to believe that perhaps God, YHVH my elohim, did do something groovy like split himself into an infinite number of pieces to be everywhere all the time.

What I do know is that theres a profound arguement here against Atheism. Check it out. Even if you say there is no God, and you say that everything exists as an anomaly caused by the big-bang, then you are admitting God's existance without even realizing it. Heres why. Even if for sake of discussion, there really was no God, something, a force, a natural occurence, a coincidence, two things being in the wrong place at the right time, whatever still caused the big-bang to happen, when it happened. And as a result of the big-bang, everything exists. Well, that tells me that if there was no literal God of supreme power, if we took the Athiest line and claimed theres no God, then there actually still would be a God, and that God would be the force, the coincidence, the precursor to the big-bang, or whatever caused it to take place exactly when it did, and I emphasize EXACTLY. Because if it took place 1 millisecond later than it actually did, not a single one of us would even be here right now to discuss this. Thus inevitbly we are creations of a higher power.

Random Thought: They need to start making keyboards that have bold, italic, and underline buttons on them that function with most popular message boards. Other buttons, which could be above the F1-F12 keys, could include many of the board features in the formatting mode. This would create a sharp decline in capslocked words because people could spend equal or less effort to go for the bold print.

I love you all. Except for the ones of you who vote Republican in November.

[edit on 10/30/2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't vote.

So then I don't have any obligation in political discussions.

Or right to complain.

We all do the best we can.

I AM a liberterian, anyway.

Peace
Love
Unity
and all that
oh yeah
Rock n Roll too

God IS

THE

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
but but but .. this isnt a political discussion

look, little animated .gif intelligent digital beings think you are their goddess see:

[edit on 10/30/2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think they are just drunk!

I love them, though - I have drank and been drunk and I've thought I was my own goddess, sometimes, too!

Sometimes all on the very same weekend!!!!

But I need all little animated .gifs to know that

C all I's
4 all I's are God

Windows (not mirrors) straight into God's soul

And this applies to both looking at others and looking at self!

God is in all ALIVE
Worship God by loving self and loving all i's

ALL I's will RISE!

PRAISE THE

THE THE

THE THE THE

Blessed be we

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
God's judgement is still pending.

His statements thus far are that, The Book is a Good guide if you take to heart the worst of it, and manifest the best of it, KNOWING the worst of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
PuRe EnErGy, excellent concept: make the best out of the worst. Sometimes I fall into sin by questioning God too much (testing Him, ouch!!!). I sometimes try to discern which part of the Bible is God's Word and what is not. I believe this is sinful if we are instructing God rather than strictly listening and learning from God. I feel best about myself when I unquestionably accept the Bible as God's Word and make the best of the best and the best of the worst.

Do you think each verse of the Bible is equally Holy with each other verse?

Is it possible for a Book to be Holier than the Bible? Would this partly include the current Bible, a revision of it, or would it be entirely new?

Thanks again, PuRe EnErGy!!!

God Bless!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
PuRe EnErGy, excellent concept: make the best out of the worst. Sometimes I fall into sin by questioning God too much (testing Him, ouch!!!). I sometimes try to discern which part of the Bible is God's Word and what is not. I believe this is sinful if we are instructing God rather than strictly listening and learning from God. I feel best about myself when I unquestionably accept the Bible as God's Word and make the best of the best and the best of the worst.

Do you think each verse of the Bible is equally Holy with each other verse?

Is it possible for a Book to be Holier than the Bible? Would this partly include the current Bible, a revision of it, or would it be entirely new?

Thanks again, PuRe EnErGy!!!

God Bless!!!

No, each word is PAST and IS Dead There is Nothing Holy, except What IS.

The past is made up of concepts and ideas, and as that, they are NOT REAL...

We think of OURSELVES as What we've done in the past, therefore our future is PRE-MEASURED based on our past.... Its like using a RULER in memory alone... its intangible ...
Therefore the only thing that matters is WHAT WE ALLOW TO MANIFEST OUR REALITY... Which thoughts we select from the froth of possibilities to make them REAL... Therefore that book is merely a book of potentials and possibilities, it simply demonstrates positive thinking in negative times and scenarios.. Just the fact such a book exists shows that someone or something understands the concepts I've just put forth...
TO understand we have never been born, because it is past and intangible, and that we have never existed in the future because we are also intangible in that sense, means that we are in the NOW and we Resurrect the FUTURE US, by manipulating the PAST US....

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Does God Believe in the Bible?

God believes the Bible was written by men. Therefore, he believes in it...but He believes it is the work of men, not Himself!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Excitable_Boy, if the Bible is only the work of men, do you think God's Best Book would only be an amalgam of physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, and engineering? Would there be any poetry, philosophy, or classics?

top topics

join