It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists on the way to better diagnoses of cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
US Scientists crack cancer genes, allowing them to better diagnosis patients who have been negatively blessed with various cancers. This allows them to make individual specific treatments based on a patients genetics, it appears that the data shows cancer is more genetic and a one size fits all treatment would be less effective then this route.

news.bbc.co.uk
US scientists have cracked the entire genetic code of breast and colon cancers, offering new treatment hopes.
The genetic map shows that nearly 200 mutated genes, most previously unknown, help tumours emerge, grow and spread.

The discovery could also lead to better ways to diagnose cancer in its early, most treatable stages, and personalised treatments, Science reports.

The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center say the findings suggest cancer is more complex than experts had believed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow! This is pretty cool. I feel this brings us one step closer to finding a cure for cancer. You hear about all the rumors going around about the cure to cancer being out there just not available or you get the normal take this it will fix you right up or Hey! Let’s just nuke it with chemo responses from the Doctors.

This research shows that with the cancer being related to the various junk DNA in the Human Genome, it will allow for individual treatment maybe giving the option t not get your insides fried with radiation.

In the future when D.N.A. scanning becomes more common place it will be a lot easier to catch cancer before it becomes a problem, allowing you to cut it off at the pass so to speak.

Related News Links:
www.fortwayne.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Cancer Research Project

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wonder if this will help people have tailored treatment to match their genetic needs in references with the type of cancer they will be more inclined to get.

But this will put the theory that cancer is link to environmental factors in a new light.

I think

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think it's excellent, my father-in-law has terminal cancer, and if he can hang in there until they can find a way to use this to further advance diagnosing the cells. With better diagnosing of the cells come better forms for genetically enhanced drugs derived from the genetics of the cancer cells themselves.

This could totally help with staving off the cancer or maybe even coming up with a cure, now that would be a true gift to humanity.

join