It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know?????? Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here is the situation, anyone that is reading this PLEASE give advice. I have a male in my life who a couple nights ago told me he was interested in me. That was a supprise and took me back a couple steps. So here is my problem, I have always settled for the guys that show interest in me. I just tend to make myself beleive I'm interested in them. We date for about two months and then it ends. However, this specific male is close friends with another one of my guys friends. In less complicated terms they are best friends. I don't want to screw up the friendship. I also don't know if the tiny feelings I'm having for this male is genuine or made up. I do have to say that he is an amazing friend so far. He has the best personality that I have ever seen in a male. (had to put that in)

So my question to you is...how do I tell the difference between feelings?

*Lost and Confused*

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
is to tell him your concerns and work from there.

My last BF was also my best friend...spanned a good 8 years...when we "crossed the line" it really was a no return situation. When we separated it was a double loss...as we also couldn't remain friends...we did try but really it was just too hard given the situation. I had doubts in the beginning too...in retrospect I ended up being right.

It does change things and to be honest, I think you'd be best to talk to him about it and express your feelings and fears.

The fear of "not finding Mr. Right" can make it difficult to keep things in context. If you value the friendship I really think keeping as just that, is the way to go.

Time may play a factor and somewhere down the line you may fall madly in love with him...but if you don't feel it now...it's best to hold off on the "intimacy" and stick to the friendship.

I just wasn't in love with my BF the way he deserved and the way he truly wanted...I really miss the friendship he was a great guy. We never really discussed the cross-over from friends to lovers and I think if we had it may have changed things.

Give it more time...and do talk to him
Sounds like he's worth the extra effort

My two cents

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm in a similar situation as you right now, it is tough. Though in my case I'm a guy having a very tough time reading a girl that I just started seeing 2 weeks ago because she surprises me so damn much with her openess. We get on well and have had some good times so far, but I dont understand her intentions with me at all. We have been very up front and open about our personal and sexual pasts with each other, its just strange meeting someone that upfront with me as I've never been with a girl who has been so open like this. I dont mean to hijack your thread or anything but I cant help but get this off my chest, plus it feels good to know I'm not alone here. Good luck to you, and seems to be good advice from justgeneric, I may have to take it myself.

join