It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN ticker: A molecule in some tea blocks the HIV virus from spreading.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I just saw this on cnn about ten minutes ago, (right after the Bush speech)

The thread title speaks for itself. I don't have the time right now to find out what it is. Maybe later.

Any thoughts on what it may be???

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Interesting, Green tea blocks HIV-related cancer

A Chinese remedy

Nothing on cnn.com about the molecule in question.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
...Or maybe the Chinese want to boost their export sales of tea...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That explains why that tea tastes so nasty.

Personnally I like to sit down to some nice Orange spice, or peppermint tea myself.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Gee this story won't last long.

The elite controllers are trying to deep-six the nutritional and supplement industry as speak. They are also waging war against the herbal and non-drug related remedy industry.

Frankly doesn't surprise me, tea is very interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Green tea is one of the most healtiest beverages you can drink. Well, according to my mom, that his. I think that it tastes really bad, but it's still good for you anyways.

www.japanesegreenteaonline.com...
www.green-tea-benefits.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sigh ... it has to be a cosmic joke that something so tasteless as green tea is so good for you

Why not beer!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
very nice finding, although its coming from italy :]]]...its still unpublished for some reason but the authors older papers on the HIV subject look good with good data...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Simple solutions to major problems will never fly. Scientists will debunk the solution, then use the very same solution in prescription medication and make a ton of money. Will they cure cancer? Will they cure HIV/AIDS? They are scientists and pharmacuticle companies. Probably not, there is no money in a cure. You want people to be able to live with the problem and drug them up with meds that they can barely afford.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Gee this story won't last long.

The elite controllers are trying to deep-six the nutritional and supplement industry as speak. They are also waging war against the herbal and non-drug related remedy industry.

Frankly doesn't surprise me, tea is very interesting stuff.

In the last little while I've read a ton of stuff about the benefits of tea. I agree, though, this story won't last very long, and it seems more people want an instant fix, which they think they can get through prescription meds.

I like Green Tea sometimes; Green Tea with Kombucha is also good. Kombucha itself is supposed to have some good healing properties.

new topics

top topics

join