It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a case of lucid dreaming or astral projection???!?!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok so last night I was trying to pull of an all nighter. and it almost worked however it was a very interesting night. It was around 3 AM and I was very tired, my arm was over my pillow and i was laying on my stomach on my bed. I just closed my eyes and for a while i felt very very tired so when i fell asleep, I had an interesting experience. I dont know if this was lucid dreaming or astral projection or not, but it was very interesting. So i fell asleep and suddenly found myself in my school during lunch. Everything was normal until all of the sudden i found out that I could move my arms, and control everything in the vision. It was dreamlike (meaning that it kept going on and random places came up like for example i then all of the sudden apeared in my moms car driving i could control everything. I was so excited that i visualized myself crashing into a wall in order for my body to flinch and to wake myself up. I however opened one eye but that was the only part i could open up, the rest of my body was paralyzed, like during sleep paralysys, except there wasnt anything scary just that i could see out of one eye and could wake up. when i woke up i was very excited! any input on this will be fine

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a dream to me, but almost getting to the point of astral projection.

During astral you feel a part of yourself paralyzed while the other part is just light and floating or hovering.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i think it was lucid dreaming though, because it was dreamlike, i did what everyone told me to do in a dream, to look at a sign and look away and look back at it, i did that and the sign was diferent the second time. so that proves that it was a dream. now ive heard that in lucid dreaming you can control your movements.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have had quite a few lucid dream experiences (but not for many years) and the one thing that has been common to all the experiences is that I was aware/or believed that I was awake in the bed. I never at any time felt myself 'fall asleep'. During these experiences there was always someone else moving around the house -- flatmates and I could hear them doing things like cleaning their teeth or somthing similiar. Then I would begin to move through the house, hovering about two feet off the floor, before I would start to move slowly skywards before I became aware that I was no longer in my house.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Then I would begin to move through the house, hovering about two feet off the floor, before I would start to move slowly skywards before I became aware that I was no longer in my house.

That sounds more like a astral projection than a dream.
One of the very common feelings is the ability to be aware of the people around you and that slowly skyward move and a feeling of euphoria of been so light and free.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by deessell
Then I would begin to move through the house, hovering about two feet off the floor, before I would start to move slowly skywards before I became aware that I was no longer in my house.

That sounds more like a astral projection than a dream.
One of the very common feelings is the ability to be aware of the people around you and that slowly skyward move and a feeling of euphoria of been so light and free.

Oh, wow.....I didn't know that. I will have to do some reading on astral travelling. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well this is my first posting on this website, so here we go... I too was interested in my lucid dreams awhile back. I have read books about astral projection and remote viewing and, during the course of my work, have participated in hypnotisms, which, interstingly, have several similarities in the states of mind which are conducive to these experiences. Anyway, I sent an email about my experiences to the Rhine Institute, which, to my suprise, sent me a quick response. The responder basically believed that my experience was lucid dreaming, and recommended several books to read. I used to fall asleep, and realize that I was asleep. During this state of unscious awareness, I could open my eyes, and I would no longer be in my room, but be some where else. I would be able to move through out the place in my mind, manipulate objects, etc. The strange thing was, that when I began to think about how interesting the experience was and that I was really in my room, the experience would vaporize, for lack of a better word, and I would be back in my room. If I just relaxed, and let the experience occur, it would sustain.

Anyways, I am not sure if this helps any, but I thought I'd share.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yes thats the same thing that has happened to me

new topics

top topics

join