It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible Really Detail UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
so according to the soccer mom its more realistic to believe in vision stars (held by 3 different people) and to not try to look at the parts of the bible to understand the whole of the bible. That type of reasoning is dangerous and has led us to where we are today. With little actual understanding of why we are being led to heaven and hell, lets not ask so many questions. It's all allegory and metaphor. These devices described are just vision devices while on ether. You see its all just visions and allegory and metaphor.
For those who don't get it, that paragraph was loaded with sarcasm. C'mon people, quit it! Start to deny ignorance. The soccer mom stopped reading something of value because she was told it was garbage. In other words, the fact that she was starting to question things threatened some other close minded person to the point that they felt it necessary to correct her. Who are they, how the hell do they know the truth, a vision? pleeeez

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Indelkoffer, from the link that the fifth Horseman presented:

Even the works of the Tanakh's prophets were referred to as Kabbalah, before they were canonized as part of the written tradition. In this sense Kabbalah was used in referring to all of Judaism's oral law. Over time, much of the oral law was recorded, but the esoteric teachings remained an oral tradition.

So, the tell from Ezekiel itself, is kabbalistic.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Fifth Horseman said:

to not try to look at the parts of the bible to understand the whole of the bible. That type of reasoning is dangerous and has led us to where we are today.

That's true. One of the downfall's of most people who try to gain meaning from the bible is that they don't think for themselves. They rely heavily upon what their priest or pastor tells them to believe. One of the reasons I do not attend church is because I believe that it lessens one's ability to think for themselves when it comes to spiritual matters. Although, that is my opinion to which I am perfectly entitled to have, but if one examines what most "religious" people believe, it falls directly in line with what his/her preacher told them to believe. There is little,if any, individual thought there.

Anyway, I am not going to say that the wheel of Ezekiel wasn't a vision; I don't know. However, I think that the description of it is highly indicative of a mechanical device. I mean, that just an observation, but a fairly accurate one in my opinion.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Clouds are the most common descriptions of the flying vehicles of the Elohiym. This is not surprising considering the probable size and density in daylight hours attributed to these objects. The word most often used in the Old Testament for cloud is `anan, pronounced aw-nawn'; a cloud (as covering the sky), i.e. the nimbus or thunder-cloud. The descriptions as a dark cloud, thick cloud, and dark water all allude to a solid object in the sky. Since there were no solid flying objects 2000 to 4000 years ago, and the only things close were thunder or storm clouds, this is a logical relation.

Clouds

Exodus
Splendor Appears In The Craft
16:10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud.

24:18 And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.
34:5 And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord

As one can see by just those few verses, the bible is full of attributions to "clouds." Now, let's assume that an entity is able to ride clouds to earth.. How? I mean, God is an ethereal being with no physical attributes, right? If he had physical attributes, that would make it all the much harder to ride on clouds,right? So, what gives?

Either these clouds are physical devices being ridden by some being,note that I am not necessarily saying that it was God, or these were extreme visions that...well, for all intensive purposes, would put a modern day man in an asylum.

Being one who thinks God is a spiritual power, I don't think that this being that the prophet seen was God but rather a representative of God. Why would the Lord have to proclaim his own name? Wouldn't it be quite evident that God is God? I don't think there would be a need for proclamation by God almighty.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would be hard pressed to identify many of the passages as anything other than such accounts (refering to the original topic.) However, the human manipulation of this reservoir of knowledge is the domain of nations and power, and not easily confronted without ridicule.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ecoterrestrial, that is most likely true. The politico-social environment that we presently live in will not allow much room for new ideas,or old ones for that matter, witout ridicule. If it doesn't fit the status quo, then according to the powers that be, it must not be correct.
An opinion which I find not only ridiculous but hilarious.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In my opinion it goes way beyond the bible. Look at the cave man art. Look at the aborigiones art.
Look at the art from the incan, mayan and aztec empires. Look at the art of the renaisance. Read the descriptions of Incan,olmec,mayan,aztec, sumerian,akkadian,and egyptian scriptures. They ALL point to something extraterrestrial. We have no clue as to what really went down back then. I can't think of a better description of a UFO's propulsion system than the glowing hot metal description.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Bass, I also thought about all of the other references,paintings, et cetera, to ships and such. The Hindus have an array of stories surrounding "flying ships" and such... It's some amazing stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Speaker,

I totaly agree with ya. I remember visiting that famous mayan ruin with the pictoglyph or bass relief that looks like a mayan king riding in a space ship. Although at the time I remarked that it looked like a guy riding in a flying oldsmobile. (I was a kid then)

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Speaker,

I totaly agree with ya. I remember visiting that famous mayan ruin with the pictoglyph or bass relief that looks like a mayan king riding in a space ship. Although at the time I remarked that it looked like a guy riding in a flying oldsmobile. (I was a kid then)

Yeah, the pictogram of Palenque (SP?) I have read an article or two about that artifact.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Speaker,

You are correct. Later that day, no joke I did see a UFO. You can check out the story along with other UFO experiences I've had by looking at the only thread I ever started-my intro thread. Warning though. I was a total noob and didn't put it into paragraphs but one giant paragraph so i'm warning ya first.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bass, I tried to access your thread but when I click on your name nothing comes up.
I think I actually read your thread when you posted it...I'm not sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I hope my thread is still there. It was titled "Hello from Los Angeles." But I would be happy to re tell the story if you like it's not that long. I can talk about the other sightings too if ya want. I'm going to see if I can find it and then find a way to U2U the thread link. Uxmal, and Pelenque are both really cool places to visit, especially if you are interested in ancient ET contact. Everything seems built with so much purpose at those old ruins that there is a wierd feeling you get when you visit them. Not bad, just alien in some way. Hard to describe, it all seems human but not when you actually walk around these sites.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sure,Bass, you can either u2 me, or, if you prefer, just retell the story here on this thread. I think it will be relevant enough to the thread to post.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok i will tomorrow morning I unfortunantly have to go home from work ( I don't take the computer home for security issues) I'll post it in the thread. See ya then.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Speaker,

When I was younger my family was doing a month and a half long trip through central and south america. Our purpose was to study olmec, mayan and aztec ruins. One portion of the trip took us near the north side of the 'neck' between the mainland of mexico and the yucatan penninsula. there were two ruins we wanted to see that particular day, because we had to hurry up and get to chechen itza for some reason i dont remember. So we had to cram both sites in on one day. The first site was palenque- the place with the famous sacophogus lid engraving that looks like the king ascceding to heaven/spirit world in a flaming UFO like device.

Palenque is a wierd place. Squished up against a mountain and packed away by dense, dense jungle. The palace built on the site has a 3 meter deep aquaduct that diverts the river to travel under the stone work of the main plaza of the site and under the floors of the palace it's self. The main observatory tower has holes in it that are aligned with the planet venus right where it pops over the horizon each night. They were obsesed with venus at this site for some reason, archaeologists think that the site was built by the mayans as a portal to the spirit underworld where the mayan kings would go on a one way trip to defeat the god of death. They believed that they would return to the land of the living through visions and dreams. They believed that they had to time their excursion into the underworld right when the holes in the observatory were aligned with venus.

Later that day we drove about 80 miles to the Ruins of Uxmal, which was intended to be the makeshift capital for the mayans. After leaving Uxmal we went back towords palenque to the motel that was on the side of the highway.

To explaine the setting better. The highway in this part of mexico is a straight line shooting straight throught the jungle. Perfectly strait from one city to the other. Along these roads every few miles are small villages of about 25-50 people. real impovershid stuff, people eating dogs on spits right by the road side. These villages are usually near the the dirt turn offs for the Mayan ruins,and their economy is based on people visiting the ruins. Anyway that night we were staying in a motel in a village just like the one I described.

Everybody had fallen soundly asleep. We were staying upstairs in the small two level motel. My parents in one room and my sister and I in the next. Around 2:00 AM I awoke for no real reason,and was wired, again for no real reason, in fact I should have been tired. So I walked over to the window and looked out for a while. The window just peeped over the canopy of the jungle which spread out deep green in every direction to the horizon. It was a clear night stars everywhere and no clouds in the vacinity. Suddenly a bright, I mean BRIGHT orb of light zipped by my window about a eighth mile out over the jungle. The object was a sphere about 25 feet in diameter and glowed bright orange red like a sodium bulb street light. The object was so bright that it light up the jungle canopy bright as day for about 100-200 feet around it. Bright enough for the leaves to be glossy and reflective. The object although intensly bright had a definant size and shape that you could make out through it's glow.

The object traveld at about (my estimation) 150-200 miles an hour and about 30' above the canopy,perfectly level and totally silent. it took about 5 seconds to go from the left to the right of my field of view which was sort of framed on both sides by taller trees poking out of the canopy.

I've thought about it in detail and have ruled out aircraft. The only aircraft seen in this area and most of the yucatan is small cesna like aircraft. The only problem with the aircraft is that besides the dedicated airfields(nowhere near the location,from what i knew)there was no place to land an aircraft of this size. The government had installed metal posts every few meters to prevent the landing of drug running aircraft, and the thing was going perpendicular to the highway.

Anyways, I saw another UFO once in Sedona and I'll tell that story sometime, but it's not too relevant to a UFO being over ancient Ruins of mysterious civilizations. This occured about 10 miles or so maybe a little farther away from the palenque ruins.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

They were obsesed with venus at this site for some reason, archaeologists think that the site was built by the mayans as a portal to the spirit underworld where the mayan kings would go on a one way trip to defeat the god of death.

Yes, Venus is the "morning star." It has great spiritual significance. It's the bringer of a new dawn. Very good story,Bass..

[edit on 2-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
yeah I thought it was wierd that the same day I see the famous UFO tomb cover I see a UFO in the same vacinity.

L3X

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
UFO and bible are connected only when in the middle there is the vatican but if as source we have the bible, we won't find anything of value because bible must be interpetred.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody else has mentioned this but the bible uses the word spirit quite a bit whenever somebody has moved quickly from one place to another. "taken up by the spirit" and so on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join