It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Bible Really Detail UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have read several articles and a couple of books that have explicitly connected UFOs to the bible. While I certainly have not developed a well informed opinion on this subject, my answer to the posted question is leaning toward a tentative, "yes."

Ezekiel 1:16 (NIV)
This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.
Ezekiel and the "wheel"

Now, it certainly seems to be a description of a mechanical, rather than an ethereal device to me. I suppose that it could be representative of the "Tree of Life" spoken of in the Kabbalah, I don't know.

Ezekiel 1:4 (NIV)
I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north--an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal

Seems to indicate an object about ready to blast off, perhaps.

One of the biggest puzzles about the birth of Christ is the star of Bethlehem.

The bible states:

Matthew 2: 9-11 (NIV)
After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

Now, I am going to ask a question that I am sure all of us have heard asked before. When did stars quit moving? I mean, it's common knowledge that stars do not move. So, if this "star" of Bethlehem was moving, when was it that stars quit moving in the universe?

There are quite a few other strange implications in the bible about "cloudlike" objects and such taking people into heaven,even Christ himself. Now, don't get the idea that I am implying that Christ flew to heaven in a UFO, but I just think the terminology is somewhat odd.

What is all of your opinions on this subject? Like I said, I don't really have a well formed opinion about it, other than to say that there is a possibility that the bible does mention, perhaps astral craft in its pages. Astral, as meaning spiritual aircraft.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Also, how many times are "chariots of fire" or a "heavenly choir" mentioned in the Bible. The simplest way to put it is this...think about how many things are seen "in the heavens" in the Bible. Back then, they didn't have planes or sattelites or weather balloons to mistake for UFOs. I think the mention of UFOs in the Bible are exremely clear.

Also, (and someone else please follow up on this because I'm not very informed on it), but you should check out the "removed" books of the Bible. One book pretty much describes a human being taken abaord a spaceship and given a tour of the cosmos.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandcastles on Cydonia

Also, (and someone else please follow up on this because I'm not very informed on it), but you should check out the "removed" books of the Bible. One book pretty much describes a human being taken abaord a spaceship and given a tour of the cosmos.

Yeah, there does seem to be references to objects in the sky in the "lost" books. Of course, we all know the story of Enoch and how he was taken into the heavens alive, et cetera.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Sandcastles on Cydonia

Yeah, there does seem to be references to objects in the sky in the "lost" books. Of course, we all know the story of Enoch and how he was taken into the heavens alive, et cetera.

Just dont forget that some of the books may have been left out for a reason, The book of Judas clames that Judas was not a "bad" person like he is seen in the other books of the bible.

I do believe that UFOs are talked about in the bible though

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In the Bible it speaks of the Fallen Angels who mingled with the daughters of Man. They brought forth the Nephilim(Giants).

I wonder if the so called Fallen angels may have been actual aliens, perhaps were hybrid human beings that were the result of this type of mating.

The book of Enoch, Henoch, or Hanokh is a lost book of the bible that talks about Angels, Demons, Magic, and Astrology.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I expect they saw plenty of phenomenon in the night sky like asteroids/comets that would of made them ponder. Perhaps they thought comets and shooting stars were the Gods paying a visit or giving them a sign.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Don't take individual passages literally. one must look at the stories in context and read for the meaning of the story, not cherry-picking details. The Reverend Gomes once warned about "...using the Bible the way a drunk uses a lamppost -- more for support than illumination."

Hebrew literature of that era, like Jewish literature through the centuries continuing to this day, uses allegory and symbolism, and multiple levels of meanings to illustrate the moral principles contained in the story. Details were embellished to amplify the values being taught.

The Bible is best used as a guidebook, not a history book.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
Just dont forget that some of the books may have been left out for a reason,

Ahem, true. Although I am sure that most of it was deleted to further the "church" control rather than to "help us see the truth."

[edit on 31-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Dave, in some respects you are correct. One of the things that I have noticed about certain people is that they take a certain verse, and twist it to fit their view of the "truth." Although, who is an authority on the truth? Who am I to say that someone elses' view is not the truth?

Marg, I am beginning to wonder much like you. However, I don't really buy into this "Aliens are demons" argument that a lot of people put forward.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Funky Monk... here is an example of what I am talking about

To commit heresy, one must refuse to be corrected.

The trouble with the term "heresy"

Corrected by whose standards? Corrected by the standards of those who proclaimed for centuries that I had to go to a priest in order to communicate with God? Ha!!

You see,in my studies, what I soon discovered about "heretics," is that they were typically groups or individuals who were a threat to the, then Church of Rome, "church's" control. So, who should one believe, those who tried to free us from the present enslavement we now have, or those who have mercilessly kept us bound and chained? I choose to believe those who attempted to free us from the present day world system.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is by far the greatest deception. The one about God being ethereal of course. If you handed a fifth grader with no previous experience in Christianity (filter) a Bible and asked for a book report, most definately you would find they would describe it as a Sci-Fi novel about aliens. Aliens racing around, abducting people, controlling armies, distributing mana (computer, replicate mana for these starving people) interbreeding with humans immaculately to produce a new species that would save them from themselves, claiming to be all powerful...

The people of that time period would have to use the words of the time to describe the super technological events they were witnessing, and it just came out sounding supernatural. Imagine what your cat or dog thinks every time you turn on your T.V.? Even the words used in later translations were added to cloud the truth. 'Heaven' was used were the original Hebrew word translated to sky. SKY. God didn't live in the heavens, a place were you seemingly had to be teleported to by death, he was in the sky.

Here, its probably the most complete site on this topic on the web. www.bibleufo.com...

Keep in mind all of the ancient and pre roswell artwork out there that depicts religious figures or religious scenes in contact with saucer like items in the SKY that are the focus of the picture. Here's one of my favorites:www.bibleufo.com... it's only Jesus being baptised....

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Fifth Horseman]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dave 54, where are you?

D54 so is the description of the birth of Christ accurate or not? How about his death? Can a star really move in concordance with some wise men (lead them)? What were the offspring of the angels copulation with the daughters of man. Why was it any different than gods hands-free approach? Zeus had many son's and daughters with mortal women, who grew into their own "reknown". This wasn't Hebrew. Just more colorful allegory? Is it all just layered stories to teach us morals, or is it a record of what happened to us as a race? Are we the robots (ADAmu) created to till the garden, and we were glitchen' so badly that we needed a reset? Many civilizations, many time periods, basically one story...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sure makes one question what else the Vatican City has locked up in its vaults, besides money..... the information might be unsettling....

I wonder what other information is left out of the bible during that era.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
hey ixiy
here you gowww.gvnr.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ixiy, there are actually some threads here discussing the "Vatican library." I am not going to venture to say what may be in it because I am not pretentious enough to say that I know. I would assume that many of the "banned" books that the "church" so vehemently "detested" are there. I would also assume that God's true plan for humanity is probably within the vaults.

All of that is just conjecture though.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hey speakeroftruth i did a speech on this very subject in college. ezekiel's ufo to be exact.....ezekiels ufo is just one of many that is in the bible.....and of course the bible was given to us from those that are not of this earth as a guide. the bible is full of things from space...(king james calls space heaven btw)....but any way the best website that i have found dealing with these things....

www.bibleufo.com...

this site is very good. has everything and explains so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have read several articles and a couple of books that have explicitly connected UFOs to the bible. While I certainly have not developed a well informed opinion on this subject, my answer to the posted question is leaning toward a tentative, "yes."

I read a number of them until someone pointed out (as has been pointed out in this thread) that in order to make a convincing case, they have to cherry pick the pieces and ignore the rest.

Now, it certainly seems to be a description of a mechanical, rather than an ethereal device to me.

Why can't a vision device have an appearance of a wheel within a wheel. Or a globe rotating around a wheel? Heck, if you've ever been heavily sedated (like with ether...they used to give us ether for tonsillectomies) then you remember that you see all sorts of things in this state.

I suppose that it could be representative of the "Tree of Life" spoken of in the Kabbalah, I don't know.

Kabbalah wouldn't exist for another 800 years or so.

Now, I am going to ask a question that I am sure all of us have heard asked before. When did stars quit moving?

They didn't. They're still moving.

I read all sorts of things when I was reading about astrology about planetary conjunctions and comets and nonsense and the "came to rest over the stable" just didn't make sense if the thing was huge and far away.

How about a vision-star? A vision would lead them to the right place and would hover over the right place. In fact, you couldn't miss the right place (just try to find a place where "the moon hovers over it" and you'll see what I mean.

Astral and visionary makes far more sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yeah,funkydung... Also,I have always found the "cloud" that Jesus got on to be somewhat mysterious as well... I don't know. This is a subject that I have reviewed in passing but have not went into it in a great detail. I don't really think Jesus was from outer space,but I do think that his spiritual knowledge was somewhat reminiscent of what may exist on other worlds.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

I suppose that it could be representative of the "Tree of Life" spoken of in the Kabbalah, I don't know.

Kabbalah wouldn't exist for another 800 years or so.

Now, I am going to ask a question that I am sure all of us have heard asked before. When did stars quit moving?

They didn't. They're still moving.

So just because kabbalism wasn't studied for another 800 years that implies that one couldn't have seen a symbol for the "Tree of Life"?

When did stars ever move from one distinct spot in the sky to another? I have never seen it happen....

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well according to wiki Kabbalah started with ADAM, thats pretty old.en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join