It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS GAME ON !

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodeman5
just thought it was interesting. calm down, mechanic 32

oh, okay. I thought maybe you had some other insights, as to new clues.

n/m

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey, that 78 is actually a very good find. We can use this to eventually get a feel for chronology again. We don't know what period the 70s are, but soon we will, and that will give us help when we get to 77 or 79.

Let's start logging them in the wiki when we get this one.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
During the last referral period me and a friend found that dilatedpeoples site dodeman was speaking of. We figured instead of making a new link from a previously untouched domain, maby the eye wanted us to actually click the new link(allthelies.org) from that previously untouched domian. So we did.

You know what happened next? The minute we were finished typing in the finalanswer in the answer page we were given a hyperlink which read: all these planets... After clicking the link we were hit with an error message (Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/forum/db/mysql.php on line 22). This message coicided with the exact moment ATS servers went offline for the first time last week. DARK MATTERS.

The next morning I was able to get on ATS.

I then called my homie and told him to try going from the dilatedpeoples website and link to allthelies.org (thinking this would be a special referral). The moment he began to enter answers, ATS went offline for the second time.

We figured that this could not be mere coincidence so we decided to go to a new computer (new IP) and try the same process. After all was answered at the college library, the counter at allthelies.org read: (78)97/100. Similar dodeman's screenshot.

When I got home that night I tried entering all known answers in sequence hoping to get my counter up to (78). Nothing. The only difference was when I got to the link alltheseplanets... I was able to open the page which contained an answer bar and a bar to enter your E-mail.

From that time on I was searching high and low for a reason why I couldn't get my counter up to (78). I read in a game thread (not sure which game) to try clearing your cookies and change your IP. I obliged and immediatly followed up by clicking on the allthelies.org link from the dilatedpeoples thread titled Expanded Minds. Immediatly after completing the sequence of answers from my "new" computer, ATS went DARK for the last time since. This would be great if it weren't for two things: 1. Making every single ATSer "heated" even before I get on the site! 2. Not being able to get my counter up to (78)97/100!

My friend later told me that after he cleared his cookies, cache and IP he was able to get his counter up to (78) w/o even typing in all the answers in sequence (all of which happened before the referral period was removed by ATS).

Can anyone please tell me why this is?

EvaD

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
The minute we were finished typing in the finalanswer in the answer page we were given a hyperlink which read: all these planets... After clicking the link we were hit with an error message

I never saw a message reading 'all these planets' and I've been playing since the beginning.
Do you recall which answer you typed in before this happened?

My friend later told me that after he cleared his cookies, cache and IP he was able to get his counter up to (78) w/o even typing in all the answers in sequence (all of which happened before the referral period was removed by ATS).
Can anyone please tell me why this is?
EvaD

Sounds like a glitch from the changeover.
We've only gotten 37 answers so far (which is the number currently at the bottom of the 'Rueben's fear' current clue page), so I have no idea how you are getting 78.
It's kind of a moot point , as we still all have to answer the remaining questions. The numbers at the bottom were simply counters, nothing else.

And after the next answer, the new number should be telling, whether it be 38 or another number between 37 and 100

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

William A. Reuben covered the Hiss appeals and the motion for a new trial in the 1950s. A former national publicity director of the American Civil Liberties Union, Mr. Reuben is the author of "The Atom Spy Hoax", "The Honorable Mr. Nixon," and "The Mark Fein Case." In studying the Hiss case, his travels have taken him from New York to California to Washington to Moscow, and he has benefited from having obtained thousands of government documents obtained as a result of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit he initiated in 1975. His forthcoming book challenges not only the allegations made against Hiss by his sole accuser, Whittaker Chambers, but also the basic story that Chambers told about himself. The following chapter focuses on the revelations borne out of the interrogation of Whittaker Chambers during the libel suit depositions in 1948.

homepages.nyu.edu...

Has anybody looked into this Reuben yet? I decided what the heck and gave it a try from the answer to the last question...

FEAR-noun: Great agitation and anxiety caused by the expectation or the realization of danger. affright, alarm, apprehension, dread, fearfulness, fright, funk, horror, panic, terror, trepidation.

Here is a PDF of Reuben's To Secure Justice in the Rosenberg Case...

[edit on 12-12-2006 by downintheupside]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yea, I checked into William A. Rueben earlier, and couldn't find anything relevant.

Found his name and book titles, mostly.

The few articles I could find were fairly rudimentary, and I couldn't find any 'fear' or conspiracy related clues.

In fact I'm having a hard time finding any relevant 'Reubens'

Did the Reuben James route too, with no luck.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure "All these planets" was a clue in the last game.
I think you're getting your games mixed up mate.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
D-post.
Strange , usually I know when I scrw up.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Reuben may refer to:

People

Reuben, an uncommon, but not rare, given name amongst English-speaking peoples (may be abbreviated to Reubie or Ruby, and is alternatively spelled in some languages as Ruben, Rubén, or Reuven) which means "behold, a son" in Hebrew.

* Ruben Zambrano,Basketball player for Houston Rockets]]
* Reuben], the first-born son of Jacob and the founder of the Tribe of Reuben mentioned in the Book of Genesis tried to save his brother.
* Reuben James (c. 1776 - 1838), a Boatswain's Mate of the United States Navy.
* John Reuben, an American Christian hip-hop artist.
* Experiment 625, a character in Lilo & Stitch: The Series, named Reuben in Leroy & Stitch.
* Ruben Studdard, American R&B Singer, Winner of American Idol Season 2.
* Reuben, a character from Square's Final Fantasy Mystic Quest video game.
* Rubén Blades (born July 16, 1948), Panamanian salsa singer, songwriter, lawyer, actor and politician.
* Reuben Garret L. Goldberg (also known as Rube Goldberg), famous cartoonist and creator of the eponymous Rube Goldeberg devices.
* Rueben the monkey The name of the leader circus monkey in "Giacomo's circus of the fantastic" play
* Ruben Alonso Rosales (1925-2000) One of a six man junta government that took control of El Salvador by peaceful coup in 1960.

wikipedia

The only Reubens I could find so far, none seem of any importance...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
the Reuben James was also a ship which was torpedoed in WWII.

Didn't have any luck with that either.

forgot link:
en.wikipedia.org...(DD-245)

You know, I never did look for the Lyrics of the song by

Woody Guthrie , "The Sinking of the Reuben James"

Might be worth a look , I guess.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No luck with lyrics.

'REUBEN JAMES'
www.geocities.com...

Had already tried

torpedo.html
uboat.html
wolfpack.html

etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The interesting thing about the 78 phenomenon referred to by ListenD is that the number (in this case, it was 78) corresponds directly with the number of the question being answered while re-entering the answers from the last ATS game, All the UFO Answers. The counter would increase by one every time another question was answered for All the UFO Answers through the website allthelies.org (without the www, mind you).

[edit on 13-12-2006 by dodeman5]

[edit on 13-12-2006 by dodeman5]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I closed out my window and now I cant get back to the Reuben's fear page. What do I do?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by downintheupside

Reuben may refer to:

People

Reuben, an uncommon, but not rare, given name amongst English-speaking peoples (may be abbreviated to Reubie or Ruby, and is alternatively spelled in some languages as Ruben, Rubén, or Reuven) which means "behold, a son" in Hebrew.

* Ruben Zambrano,Basketball player for Houston Rockets]]
* Reuben], the first-born son of Jacob and the founder of the Tribe of Reuben mentioned in the Book of Genesis tried to save his brother.
* Reuben James (c. 1776 - 1838), a Boatswain's Mate of the United States Navy.
* John Reuben, an American Christian hip-hop artist.
* Experiment 625, a character in Lilo & Stitch: The Series, named Reuben in Leroy & Stitch.
* Ruben Studdard, American R&B Singer, Winner of American Idol Season 2.
* Reuben, a character from Square's Final Fantasy Mystic Quest video game.
* Rubén Blades (born July 16, 1948), Panamanian salsa singer, songwriter, lawyer, actor and politician.
* Reuben Garret L. Goldberg (also known as Rube Goldberg), famous cartoonist and creator of the eponymous Rube Goldeberg devices.
* Rueben the monkey The name of the leader circus monkey in "Giacomo's circus of the fantastic" play
* Ruben Alonso Rosales (1925-2000) One of a six man junta government that took control of El Salvador by peaceful coup in 1960.

wikipedia

The only Reubens I could find so far, none seem of any importance...

Down... You forgot Reuben Sandwich...

Possible fear of sauerkraut, perhaps

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Actually it was covered on the last page.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Actually it was covered on the last page.

Dagnabit...

Sorry for not keeping up.

I'll do better moving forward... I'm glad the game is finally back on

Did anyone (Springer) ever say what the eye wanted when it wanted attention (which the lack thereof, lead to the referral/punishment stage)? Just wondering what that eye wanted. It was severley pissed off. I don't know why, and it troubles me to this day.

- Woop

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Mech32...

My wife says she loves your Av. But... I don't think I can justify the Tesla right now.

Please change your Av to something more reasonalbly priced.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Jbird,

Thanks for the info.

EvaD

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
I'm pretty sure "All these planets" was a clue in the last game.
I think you're getting your games mixed up mate.

I thought I had them mixed up at first also. The only thing telling me any different is the fact that the first times I went to the hyperlink labled alltheseplanets... I was able to type in my finalanswer and my E-mail.

Now the link is redirected to a white page with the phrase , The Prize Has Already Been Claimed.

EvaD

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Ainsztein, Reuben - wrote books about her WWII experiences and trying to join RAF and another book about warsaw ghetto revolt. She was a concentration camp survivor.

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join