It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS GAME ON !

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
so we're the george bush of ats games?

I love world domination.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so we're the george bush of ats games?

I love world domination.

Hey there weren't any hanging chads from my referrals. And there's no need to recount referrals in Florida or Iowa ... they're legit, I'm telling you!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think that plenty more peeps would join in if we were moving along. It's kinda counterproductive to leave a link saying, "hey, c'mon and join our game, we've been spinning our wheels for weeks. It's fun!".

Welcome back, Fiverz! Hopefully we'll get going and a bunch of old gamers will rejoin the fold.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

Originally posted by Crakeur
if there is a glitch in the system that resulted in a delay beyond our control, do we get the chronological questions back?

It actually looks like the glitch credited you with more referrals than actually have been received.

You've got to be kidding me!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
After nearly 3 weeks we could be even further away from the next question.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
You've got to be kidding me!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
After nearly 3 weeks we could be even further away from the next question.

You guys have been referring for 3 WEEKS??? Wow ... I just pulled the trigger last week on joining the game. I don't know if people aren't clicking the link or what but I posted it on 7 or 8 obscure guitar forums ... so there should be SOME referrals rolling in.

And thanks Tuning Spork. I'm sure more people will come back when the questions are back

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All your referrals are belong to ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
it would be funny if the counter went backwards.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

You guys have been referring for 3 WEEKS??? Wow ...

Sheesh! Talk about die hard. If I had been here from the start, I probably given up a week and a half ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Got any Tequila to go with that salt , Mechanic?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
Got any Tequila to go with that salt , Mechanic?

No, I wasnt try to rub it in.

Maybe everyone involved with this game should take Zarniwoops (sp?) example, and give that eye a poke every once in a while....

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm outta sharp sticks and forks, and the patch I've taped to the monitor just ain't

doin' it , for me.

ARRGGHH, matey.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yo yo mech is representing on west side peaces

w00t

just like old times

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We didn't start the fire, it was already burning....

If the number of referrals goes down, then I'm sure more people will join in. It's a matter of balancing the ones that will leave during the lags with the ones we'll gain during the sprints.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
We didn't start the fire, it was already burning....

If the number of referrals goes down, then I'm sure more people will join in. It's a matter of balancing the ones that will leave during the lags with the ones we'll gain during the sprints.

Yea I have a feeling that alot of people are only sticking around when we're in the question phases, leaving the grunt work of referrals to us schlubs.

[puts on best old lady from Princess Bride booing Princess Buttercup voice]

Booooo! I say boooooooooo!

[/end old crazy lady voice]

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So what do we know so far about the game? .....

Anyone make any progress?

What are the hunches?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Many an ATS thread has caused me to suspect that nobody ever clicks links. Now we have measurable proof.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Many an ATS thread has caused me to suspect that nobody ever clicks links. Now we have measurable proof.

Yea but this is different because it is non-ATS members that need to be clicking these links

Second line. Woohoo!

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Some of us clear all cookies automatically when closing browsers/shutting down. I got tired of re-entering all the answers a long time ago. I really enjoyed the searching and learning for about 20 rounds. But after checking in every few days for these last weeks and seeing the same non-gameplay issues, its hard to refer anyone. Like the above post says, what's the selling point? "Go to this site, catch up, and hit another wait state." Just a little too long. I enjoyed the first two games, but got burned out on this one.

Apologies for the gripe. As for constructive comment: how about something akin to a scavenger hunt WITHIN this expansive site. Wouldn't this have the added advantage of exposing new users to the content?? Easter eggs can be scattered along the way. It would not generate referrals to a prize URL, but WOULD add referrals to ATS. And if at all possible, devise a different interface for entering answers/advancing states.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
not to mention I think the search needs people to come together to solve... sharing information... not being ignorant of another person .. helping everyone equally.. ?? could it be?
perhaps thats a rule of the game we haven't stumbled upon yet? ..

I was just wondering what people have found out THUS far...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've found that these kinds of long delays make the game far less enjoyable for me. I have also found that the frustration of getting 97 of 100 referrals and then being stuck on the last three for days on end makes this anything but a game. More like a mirror into the futility that is our lives.

losers. we're all losers.

well, not jbird. he quotes me so he must be somewhat cool. or insane, which is kinda cool, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join