It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS GAME ON !

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
yea that is what I am talking about

for like about 5 minutes on the site i was on it, and the menu buttons an everything were changing and it would load completly but almost every little picture and ploished edges were gone, it looked like they were stripping down the old ATS and putting the new one on, but before i knew it everything was back up and running.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am wishing for 4 more referrals.

God, this is boring.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
12 days we've been at it,it works out at less than 2 referals a day. At this rate we should be back to the questions on Monday or tuesday.
What is really annoying is the fact that there is probably another 2 referal points in this game, so there's not much chance of this game finishing in 2006.
I know these referals add to the value of the prize but the amount of downtime is very detrimental to the overall enjoyment of participating in the game.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good god. I think I've run out out of places to post a link. At least, one's where I'm hopeful that someone will click it. Can we skip the referals for the duration and just enjoy the game? Can we? Huh? Huh?

Aw, jeeze, still at 96/100. Lemme see....

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm still posting the link all over, whenever I can find places that allow linking. But really I'm out of good ones.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well after a considerable amount of consideration as well as fighting as hard as I could to NOT do it (do they make Nicorette that would help curb my need to play ATS games???) ... I am joining the game. Cheers to all of those who participated in the last two, and hello newcomers. You will probably see alot of me over the next few ... hrm ... months? Haha.

I've caught up via the thread and the wiki and see that we are at another referral stage. I'll post the link to a few sites I know of that no one could have clicked from yet ... maybe we can get that counter moving by Monday haha

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
96/100??
i thought it would be 97/100 by now.I'll keep looking.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Either my understanding of referrals is flawed, or we are missing something, here.

-Penalty phase for failing the previous task?

-Fewer players, this game, thus fewer referral placement?

-More domain name prizes, thus, need for more referrals?
Or,
are we missing some new twist on the referral proccess?

Any other thoughts as to why this phase is taking an inordinately long time?

This has got to be a record.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
... I am joining the game.

You made, exactly the wrong decision

...Good to see you back, Fiverz

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird

Any other thoughts as to why this phase is taking an inordinately long time?

This has got to be a record.

Yes. This must be a record.

I would look the other way if someone in charge would just flip the counter to 100 and let the game resume
... really

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wouldnt know if it is a record amount of time or not.. But it does seem to be quite a long time to stop the game due to a lack of referrals. Wow! Referrals just plain stink.

There ought to be an ATS conspiarcies "light" version to where we dont have to do this referral nonsense and just play the game for these "ATS points" I have seen here. I dont know what they are for really, but they seem to be important for a lot of people. No referrals to lag the game down to a stop, and something to strive for. A win/win maybe?

Maybe not? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I actually think it's more of the powers that be being too busy to update the counter

I posted to three different sites last night where I am 100% sure no one had posted a link before, and there were various people clicking on them. So there should be at least three more unique referrals.

That is if referrals are the same in this game as they were in the last two. Skeptic?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've posted the link on a site I know and I had my friend just randomly type in the website from his home computer and still nothing. Unless he was that 96, I'm not sure right now, I'll have to talk to him later.

Is there anyone for sure that knows how this referral system works? If I go to the site from a local library will that count?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
EDIT: Whoops, sorry about the double post, I must have been experiencing a little bit of lag.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Wall Jon]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wall Jon
I've posted the link on a site I know and I had my friend just randomly type in the website from his home computer and still nothing. Unless he was that 96, I'm not sure right now, I'll have to talk to him later.

Is there anyone for sure that knows how this referral system works? If I go to the site from a local library will that count?

I haven't read through ALL of the thread, but if it's anything like the last game here's how it works:

Only one link per unique domain will count as a unique referral. It's easier to show via an example:

Click 1: from domain www.ufosarecool.com IP: 123.133.145.136 (made up obviously)
Click 2: from domain www.ufosarecool.com IP: 1.23.34.12
Click 3: from domain www.woohooconspiraciesbaby.com IP: 13.156.224.135
Click 4: from domain starlight.ufosarecool.com IP: 15.23.53.24
Click 5: from domain www.interestingquestion.com IP: 13.156.224.135

Assuming no one has clicked on a link from that domain, Click 1 is a unique referral. Click 2 is NOT because there was already Click 1 recorded. It does not matter that it came from a different person/IP, because it was referred by ufosarecool.com. Click 3 would be a unique referral as well. Click 4 would NOT be because starlight.ufosarecool.com is a subdomain of ufosarecool.com, which was already recorded in Click 1.

Now to my understanding Click 5 would NOT be unique, because even though the domain is new, the IP address of the person who clicked on the link is the same as in Click 3.

This is how it worked for the last two games (although Click 5 is a case I am not 100% certain on). Basically you need new people to click on the link in new domains.

Also, by looking at the page source of the website, the counter is hand-coded ... that means only when the makers of the game (hehe Skeptic???) update it by hand will that counter move.

And lastly, 97/100

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The counter does not require human intervention, but is not "live". Automated code calculates the value on a periodic basis.

A single IP counts as one referral, regardless of how many different domains it came from.

A domain is not counted in the referrals until an IP unique to the domain(s) has been noticed.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yea, I personally visited the (game) site from a friends pc, Sat. nite, and have yet to

see any evidence of it.

The way I read it -

= any visit from a unique IP =

means (among other definitions) anyone, from a personal pc, that visits the game site, should count.(once)

Others feel the visit has to be from another website, rather than a personal user site.

Was hoping one of the 'old timers' would u2u SO or Springer, and save me the embarrisment.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
The counter does not require human intervention, but is not "live". Automated code calculates the value on a periodic basis.

A single IP counts as one referral, regardless of how many different domains it came from.

A domain is not counted in the referrals until an IP unique to the domain(s) has been noticed.

So basically what I attempted to say, in about one tenth of the words. Thanks guys

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Did anyone notice this at the bottom of the screen:

Refer period has expired. Questions will no longer be cronological.

Is this significant, or was it there previously? Coming in late to the game I didn't notice it the first few times around so it might have already been there. Also "cronological" is spelled incorrectly ... I don't know if that's significant.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No , Fiverz, that last line is new.

Seems to be further admonishment , we are not performing to 'the eye's expectations.

The misspelling of chronology , seems to be a quirk of someone at Hunt_Admin., as

I've noticed it several times.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join