It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS GAME ON !

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Changed 'coms' to 'orgs', but unfortunately I am unable to get to the w*oreofbabylon.html page because the automatic censors here forbid me.

Could the admin perhaps take this into consideration for future games, and not have rude (cough) words on any part of a page in the game unless it's an image, or something? It's just very annoying that I am not even able to see the last page for myself.

LOL I was wondering if that got anyone!

IN this case though...it is not rude, per say. It is in the Bible! LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think I'm going to give this a break before my head explodes.

Good luck to you all and thank you in advance if someone finds the answer while i'm gone, we are probably going to be kicking ourselves when we see the answer, I don't even care if I get the prize or not, i just want someone to answer it.

Peace,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Changed 'coms' to 'orgs', but unfortunately I am unable to get to the w*oreofbabylon.html page because the automatic censors here forbid me.

It's just very annoying that I am not even able to see the last page for myself.

Dang, are you serious!? And after all the work you put in on TinWiki.

BTW , I gave you a WATS for your work there, last nite. Thanks for the timely
effort, wtr.

You need to find a way around that, or you won't be able to continue, I'm guessing.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
is it possible that uber sild is an anagram for "rebuild"????

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
is it possible that uber sild is an anagram for "rebuild"????

I thought it was something like that, then it made me think of perestroika and then I started thinking way to much about Russia.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"uber sild" sounds German and Germany had to be rebuilt.

The problem is that even if the answer is right the link might not work

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've been through almost every Germany WWII answer I can possibly concieve of with no luck. I am almost certain that I've exhausted all phrasings of national redoubt and odessa, even tried type xxi subs, neuschwabbenland, and operation highjump

I didn't get very far into the speculated German nuclear test of March 4, 1945 though, so that could be it (if I understand correctly, that wouldn't be a plan per se because it wasn't done under Heisenberg (sp?) as far as I've read, but was a last ditch thing by a competing team.

How did we find the page with the answers last time? There must be a similar guide to this section we can find.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
After one of our question authors reviewed this thread, it appears as though someone posted the correct answer to this thread, but after reviewing the server logs mis-typed the answer when trying it on the site.

Please take extra care when typing your attempts into the URL window of your browser.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
uber sild needs to be defined. it needs to be figured out just what Uber Sild means in the context of the sentence.

it says An Uber Sild. because the word AN is in place, we can say that it is not refering to a place (Sild Islands for example). now from what I know Sild is a young herring. Uber can mean super, over, above, or hyper. this seems to make little sense though, am I right?

unless some one can show me the word Uber Sild directly translates to Red Herring, then its hard to say exactly what this "Uber Sild" actually means.

Right now Im brain storming about it. It has to be a something, not someone or somewhere, that much Im pretty sure of because the structure of the sentence. Its not referencing a person because it said WHAT, rather then who. So Uber Sild is a description or action or something to that extent.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
what was the name of the last ATS game? just wondering

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
An odd interpretation just popped into my head pretty much out of nowhere. I'm 95% sure it's nowhere near the right track but I want it out there in case somebody has an idea...

"What was not a PLAN (Peoples Liberation Army Navy) but an uber slid (big sardine?) after defeat"

The spanish armada is mentioned on the next page of that Geocities page that gave us our answers last time, but spanish armada isn't the answer.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
After one of our question authors reviewed this thread, it appears as though someone posted the correct answer to this thread, but after reviewing the server logs mis-typed the answer when trying it on the site.

Please take extra care when typing your attempts into the URL window of your browser.

OK Guys go back over your responses, (those of you who have posted some of yours here) and lets get on with this. I have read so much info on Germany from the 900's to today I am tired.
Lets think people someone has already answered this lets just find it now.

You guys are not reading the thread. Your just posting reply's. READ

[edit on 11/1/2006 by MaxxLarge]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I GOT IT

schlieffenplan.html

thank me later.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
NEXT: I want to know what holy rule
preceded Ferdinand by 4

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
pshkwamy..

Now just to see who got it first, I had already put it in, but just called someone to say I won ahead of time.

Best of luck to ya bro. I don't know which of us got to it first.

[edit on 11/1/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
pshkwamy..

Now just to see who got it first, I had already put it in, but just called someone to say I won ahead of time.

Best of luck to ya bro. I don't know which of us got to it first.

I put it in a good long while ago, I was trying to figure out the answer to the question, you never know, could have been me could have been you, only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seems like we were both doing the same thing.

No worries though, there are many prizes left, and if anything, this just revved me up more.

And you know? I was thinking about the schlieffen plan again, and saying to myself, "i bet I typed that incorrectly when i tried it."

This is just serving as a distraction though, let us get back into picking apart this answer.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How did you get that answer?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Seems like we were both doing the same thing.

No worries though, there are many prizes left, and if anything, this just revved me up more.

And you know? I was thinking about the schlieffen plan again, and saying to myself, "i bet I typed that incorrectly when i tried it."

This is just serving as a distraction though, let us get back into picking apart this answer.

The most annoying part is that was one of the FIRST ones I tried, maybe the fifth, I was thinking that I must have tried every combination of every word ever in existance, and yes, back to the question.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
How did you get that answer?

I remember hearing about the plan from my landlord, who is a european history professor, and how he always said that it had been too quick. So, I searched major plans I knew involved the two WW's concerning Germany, and punched in (though incorrectly) the major plans that I found. Schlieffen was one of my top guesses.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join