It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO PLAYS GUITAR: Whats rigs do you have?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You guys have got some sweet guitars.

All I have left is my Ovation Elite Standard. With no band, I have no need to plug in anywhere anymore, so I got rid of my Strat -- gave it to my ex-gf actually. I was never that good anyway though. I play well enough to make it sound okay, but I'm nothing special. My ex was the lead guitarist anyway, so I didn't have to be too good.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

I got rid of my Strat

WHY? Strats are soo good. what kind of strat was it? I used a srat for a very long tim and I loved it. The jaguar is, however, a superior guitar!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I play guitar and bass. My hook-ups are:
-Guitar: Fender Strat, Marshall 50 watt amp (very weak)
-Bass: B.Bo Butter Bass, it's hand-made, 7 lbs. fretless and plays amazingley. Sound: some Bose cabinet I found and fixed up.

My effects are one of those deals where you can make your effects from dif. effects. I'll get specs later. It works well. I have one for guitar and bass.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

I got rid of my Strat

WHY? Strats are soo good. what kind of strat was it? I used a srat for a very long tim and I loved it. The jaguar is, however, a superior guitar!

It was a Fender Squier Strat I picked up in Boston a few years back to learn with. My ex-gf (who was teaching me) helped me pick it out, and since I rarely have time to play anymore, and I'm not in a band, I'd rather just play my Ovation. I love the sound and the feel of it in my arms.

So I gave her my black Strat. No big deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Accoustic electric cutaway body... Had a 71 Strat (USA) but gave it to a friend in need about 10 years ago (he was a REAL player who had a woman steal his axe) have had a couple Martins over the years and Gibsons but I just don't play anymore so I've lost interest...

I figure when I get old and gray I'll pick it back up and grow my hair down to my ass and rock out...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Accoustic electric cutaway body... Had a 71 Strat (USA) but gave it to a friend in need about 10 years ago (he was a REAL player who had a woman steal his axe) have had a couple Martins over the years and Gibsons but I just don't play anymore so I've lost interest...

I figure when I get old and gray I'll pick it back up and grow my hair down to my ass and rock out...

PEACE...
m...

Who made the acoustic electric? My Ovation is acoustic/electric, and so was the Aria I played six years ago.

I've been to Martin's factory and it's a pretty cool tour they have going there. Until I started playing, I had no idea that we had something so important musically in my area. I guess until I had an interest in playing, I never really gave it any thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I own Tito Puente's guitar if that means anything.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I primarily play acoustic. My main guitar is a Fender DG-7 Acoustic. Picked it up for around $100. Looking to get an electric in the near future. Can anyone suggest a good, cheap priced elec. guitar for the beginner?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
Can anyone suggest a good, cheap priced elec. guitar for the beginner?

I would recommend a cheap fender strat for a first electirc guitar. They are great quality.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
well i guess you could say i play guitar. more like i play with it. i have a squier strat copy. and a 15watt pevey amp that i practice on. i need some lessons or something i am awful
i would like to be good but i dont see that happening.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
well i guess you could say i play guitar. more like i play with it. i have a squier strat copy. and a 15watt pevey amp that i practice on. i need some lessons or something i am awful

Hey it takes time and patience, man. Give it a shot. If it's something you want to do, go for it. Nobody learns a song their first day owning a guitar. So long as you're able and have the desire, you can make it happen.

I play with my Ovation more than actually playing it, like you said. But with the tendon damage to my left wrist and hand a few years ago at work, I have a hard time playing for any period of time and it seriously limits my flexibility. Makes some chords impossible anymore. That's the big reason I never really went further with it than I did.

That having been said, I can still whip through some of my old favorites, like "With a Little Help From My Friends" (Joe Cocker arrangement), "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (a very easy song mainly based around three chords once you get the rhythm right), or "Wanted Dead or Alive" (the reason I wanted to play in the first place).

We all have our own influences that made us pick up our first guitar. Look at what makes you tick and go from there, man. Look at your favorite players and see where they started. It might give you a whole new world to look at musically, and it might give you an idea on how to get yourself playing.

And about that Strat -- that's what I started with and it did me a world of good for practice. If I had a use for it, I'd still play it.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am now the proud owner of a BC Rich Warlock guitar bought my g/f as an early Valentines day present

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUCH

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I am now the proud owner of a BC Rich Warlock guitar bought my g/f as an early Valentines day present

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUCH

That is one pretty sweet Valentines day present Drunk!!!Your g/f is going to love you man. Wow you must stupid / in love, i think both are similar!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yep i am stupidly in love

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have a Les Paul studio fitted with a pair of EMG 81's running through a Mesa Triple Recto head, with the matching 4x12 cab.

Boy howdy, I sure do like that thing. Didnt leave me much cash for fx though, all I have is a crappy digitech multi fx unit (that sucks to no end), so I just mostly run everything straight through.

Works for what I need very nicely. (althugh I do want a big muff.........soon...soon.....*drools*)

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have a black Epiphone Les Paul which goes into a Korg toneworks ax1g multi effects pedal into a Marshall Mini Stack (the red one). I record into an Akai GX4000d reel to reel with sound on sound and tape echo.( I am currently rebuilding the reel to reel.) The best guitar amp I have ever owned was a 1962 blonde Fender Bassman. It got me evicted from 2 apartments. You had to turn it up all the way to get the grit, but it was the "Rock and Roll Tone of the Gods". For great homemade guitar amps go here. I also have a 1967 Harmony guitar amplifier which is in need of rebuilding as well, so I do not play through it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm

Search the web for "guitar lessons" and "guitar tabs". There has never in history been a resource for learning guitarists like the internet. Ideally you want to download lessons that come with MP3 sound files so you can hear how the riffs are supposed to sound. It is very important to learn the notes on your guitar neck so you can begin to have an understanding of scales and chord construction and how they work together in the structure of a song. There used to be a time when I would play guitar for ten or twelve hours a day( before I put my left hand into a spinning circular saw) and I can tell you there is no replacement for practice. Learn the pentatonic scales first then branch out from there. Visualize your scales mentally when you are away from your instrument. While you are at it visualize yourself achieving your goal on the guitar, whether it is to be the latest metal guitar god, or a country twang meister. If you are afraid of someone hearing you, then get some headphones and practice silently, but DO PRACTICE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Here is my next guitar.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Oh man grinder nice i have always wanted to own a Flying V are you ganno have it custom made?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Oh man grinder nice i have always wanted to own a Flying V are you ganno have it custom made?

I am gonna let Warmouth route out the cavities, although I could do it myself. I will put on my own hardware and pickups and tuning machines and wire it for my own specs. One of the little tricks of wiring I like is a normally closed pushbutton switch just before the output. This lets me get a cool machine gun stacatto thing happening while sustaining a chord or note while rapidly pushing and releasing the button. I will apply the finish myself also. The next guitar, however, I will make the body myself and use a bolt on neck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join