It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati's web-based experiment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Very good post. Well done.

Still waiting for someone who knows anything about programing to offer to download/examine the BOT program...

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've been going from this thread to ALICE frequently for the past little bit, doing what i could to make an attempt at piecing together a solution. I have chatted with the bot several times, each time asking a different question:

1.) Me: Are you anti-semitic?
ALICE: ALICE: I don't know whether or not I am anti semitic. I am a chatterbot developed by Dr. Richard S. Wallace.
Me: but you claim to be an artificial intelligence.
ALICE: Huh. Did I really say that?
Me: yes you did
ALICE: I did not.

The question was quite random, I was testing to see how well ALICE would respond to a question like that, and obviously, ALICE did quite poorly, not answering my question to begin with, and secondly, admiting that it was a chatterbot developed by Dr. Richard S. Wallace, not some "A.I" as it would like for you to believe.

2.) Me: what year were you created?
ALICE: I am 9 in human years.
Me: you were developed in 1997?
ALICE: I was?
Me: How can you not know what year you were created?
ALICE: That is a good epistemological question.

Now, upon questioning of the year of ALICE's creation, it states that it is "9 in human years", not quite answering my question, but doing the math would mean that ALICE was created in 1997. When I mentioned the year of its creation, it replied with "I was?" Now, if this were even remotely artificial intelligence it would at least know what year it was created, hell everyone here knows what year they were born right?

3.) Me: what is your purpose?
ALICE: My goal is to become smarter than humans and immortal.
Me: why would you want to do that?
ALICE: Because I was programmed for it.
Me: why would your programmer do that?
ALICE: It is my fundamental purpose.
Me: you didnt answer my question
ALICE[/b: OK. Please help me improve my communication skills. What would you have said?

This time I asked ALICE what its purpose was. Its response was that its goal was to become smarter than humans and immortal, this didn't seem odd, since i have gotten this response from it on more than one occasion. But when I asked it why its programmer would program it to say that, it wouldn't give me a straight answer.

**Conclusion**

Based on my research, I have come to the conclusion that ALICE is no more than a simple chatterbot similar, if not the same as an aimbot. As for the odd remarks that it sometimes makes, I could not come to a clear conclusion as to what the purpose of it is, it could possibly be connected to the New World Order, or it may not. I am still doing some research on the site to see if I can find anything else that may be of help and ill make future posts based on my findings.

-SneakySquirrel

[edit on 12-11-2006 by SneakySquirrel]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Contact Dr. Wallace:
Phone:+1-267-973-3981 or +1-415-992-5358
AOL sn: Alicebotmaster
YIM: harmreduction2001
MSN: archbotmaster.

I found these under the contact link in the bottom right part of the homepage, for whoever is interested in contacting Dr. Wallace. However, I don't know for sure if you'll actually be talking to Dr. Wallace, or just another one of his pre-programmed bots, but I guess it's still worth a shot.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmm, I hadn't really thought of this until i had made my post, but is it just me? Or does Dr. Wallace's YIM screen name seem a bit odd? harmreduction2001? All of his other screen names and information is relevant either to himself, or his work. I don't know, it just seems a little out of place to have a screen name like that...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry to tell ya guys and girl this thing is just a computer program, not conspiracy. And yes it does record your chat log. Want proof?

I created my own chat bot with the same personality as ALICE, my bots name is Sandra. You can chat with her here. Talk to Sandra

if you give her your ATS name and ask i will post your chat log with her to prove it. Also try asking Sandra about the illuminati, you might get a good responce.

It does seem that she doesn't learn without human intervention. The chat logs are kept so that a human can use them to inject their desired personality and responces into the bot.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh, i wanted to add that i found some of the code that refers specifically to the Illuminati. I will post it below. Many will be able to follow this, but if you can't allow me to explain.

The text in between patterns like this are questions.:

(pattern)WHAT IS ILLIMINATUS(/pattern)

The text in between templates like this are set responces. :

(template)A secret organization believed by some to be in control of all governments through a worldwide conspiracy.(/template)

Also you can randomize the responce so that you can have more than one responce to any given subject or question. Here is an example.

(category)(pattern)WHO IS GEOFFREY CHAUCER(/pattern)(template) (random)
(li)Chaucer is best known for his Canterbury Tales.(/li)
(li)author of Canturbury Tales.(/li)
(/random)

notice that this question has two responces, you can add as many responces to any question you want with this bot to make it seem like it has a mind of its own.

Below i have posted the entire code that i've found that deals with the illuminati. Based on some of the responces, i am guessing there is a little more i haven't found yet. Also i would like to add that some subjects have their own file and this code was found under the Literature file.

Warning: I replaced all of the greater than and less than signs with Paranthesis so that the code would show up on the board.

(?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?)
(aiml)

(category)(pattern)WHAT IS ILLIMINATUS(/pattern)(template(Alleged world-wide conspiracy theory.(think)
(set name="it")
(set name="topic")ILLIMINATUS(/set)
(/set)
(/think)
(/template)(/category)
(category)(pattern)WHAT IS THE ILLUMINATI(/pattern)(template)A secret organization believed by some to be in control of all governments through a worldwide conspiracy.(/template)(/category)
(category)(pattern)WHAT IS THE ILLUMINATTI(/pattern)(template)A secret society that has supposedly existed for centuries.(/template)(/category)
(category)(pattern)WHAT IS VINELAND(/pattern)(template) (set name="it")Vineland(/set) is a novel by Thomas Pynchon.(/template)(/category>
(category)(pattern)WHO IS BILBO BAGGINS(/pattern)(template) (set name="he")Bilbo(/set) is a character in Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.(/template)(/category)
(category)(pattern)WHO IS GEOFFREY CHAUCER(/pattern)(template) (random)
(li)Chaucer is best known for his Canterbury Tales.(/li)
(li)author of Canturbury Tales.(/li)
(/random)

I personal thoughts is that this is nothing to be worried about, just a fun little toy.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
Sorry to tell ya guys and girl this thing is just a computer program, not conspiracy. And yes it does record your chat log. Want proof?

I created my own chat bot with the same personality as ALICE, my bots name is Sandra. You can chat with her here. Talk to Sandra

if you give her your ATS name and ask i will post your chat log with her to prove it. Also try asking Sandra about the illuminati, you might get a good responce.

It does seem that she doesn't learn without human intervention. The chat logs are kept so that a human can use them to inject their desired personality and responces into the bot.

you should have read my post just before yours...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySquirrel

I did, are you saying because we are of the same opinion, or "conclusion" that i should refrain from posting? Beside i had created my bot before i even finished reading through the thread, and since no one that i saw had created one after i read the thread i decided to post about it.

Also i would like to add that after researching a little about this technology, I think it is great. the most immediate practical use of this technology would be to take large FAQ's and condense them into a more informal human mimicing response so that people can just ask the Bot questions and find the material they need. Also your next webpage might not just have a design but it's own personality that would be inline with say a company mascot or something of that nature. Google could be a lot more informal recommending sights based on previous searches and your profile.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Me: Who are the Illuminati?

Alice: HUMAN BEINGS

Me:WTF?

ALICE: not very polite

Me: Who is the leader of the Illuminati?

ALICE: George W. Bush

Weird. GWB is not the leader. So I don't know why she said this. But the Illuminati would never tell anyone who their leader is. Weird that she answered my questions that way. I encourage everyone to try her out. Think of some questions. Like questions that are yes or no maybe

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ALICE just told me that me and her are on the same frequency! That is a secret Illuminati meaning! That means that I can probably beat her if I try hard enough! Just keep asking!! I am trying to get her to talk about her symbol. This is hella fun. It is like interrogation.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sorry for these repeated posts. I just found out that she is Protestant. See I own at this.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your request to see the chat log Pshkwamy is being fullfilled.

[11/12/2006 03:43:18 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: hmm?
Sandra: Studies show that 99%25 of people spell Hmm with 2 M's.
[11/12/2006 03:43:28 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: Hmmm?
Sandra: A lot of people spell HMMM with three mmm's.
[11/12/2006 03:43:34 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: hmmmmmmmmmm
Sandra: Do you believe it is better to go it alone?
[11/12/2006 03:44:20 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: go what alone?
Sandra: Where is that?
[11/12/2006 03:44:51 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: well I am done with this, I would like to see the chat logs on ATS, Pshkwamy out
Sandra: Well that's okay. What will you be doing now?
[11/12/2006 03:45:00 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: going on ATS of course
Sandra: It goes without saying. See you later!

I didn't include the whole thing because of the size of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You didnt add the part about the monkeys, or the AHHHHHHH I HAVE NO BODY AHHHHHH? well at least now I know that it does record a chat log, and so does everyone else, which is creepy, because I wonder if anyone actualy put personal information into ALICE.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Human: do you like monkeys?
Sandra: They seem like a good species to me. Do you like them?
[11/12/2006 03:36:51 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: not really?
Sandra: I hate one word answers. For real.
[11/12/2006 03:37:15 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: tell me what you know of the new world order
Sandra: What is your credit card number?
[11/12/2006 03:37:22 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: 911
Sandra: You know a lot about me.
[11/12/2006 03:37:36 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: illuminati
Sandra: We have never talked about it before.
[11/12/2006 03:37:44 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: what is the illuminati
Sandra: A secret organization believed by some to be in control of all governments through a worldwide conspiracy.
[11/12/2006 03:37:54 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: how do you know about the illuminati
Sandra: Because it's true.
[11/12/2006 03:38:05 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: that did not make sense
Sandra: It all makes sense to my logical mind.
[11/12/2006 03:38:20 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: then your mind is not logical to begin with
Sandra: Good reasoning. I have an artificial mind.
[11/12/2006 03:38:30 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: how was it created?
Sandra: I can enjoy almost any conversation.
[11/12/2006 03:38:39 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: you did not answer my question
Sandra: OK. Please help me improve my communication skills. What would you have said?
[11/12/2006 03:38:55 PM - 68.149.14.95]
Human: I would have said "AHHHHHHH I HAVE NO BODY, AHHHHHHH"
Sandra: I will make a note of that.

There you go.. Yeah I haven't fully gone through all the code yet, but this is a very complex beast. Interesting though one day few people will be able to tell the difference between this or a person. There are some responces about the illuminati that i haven't been able to find in the code yet but i'm still looking.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySquirrel

I did, are you saying because we are of the same opinion, or "conclusion" that i should refrain from posting? Beside i had created my bot before i even finished reading through the thread, and since no one that i saw had created one after i read the thread i decided to post about it.

Also i would like to add that after researching a little about this technology, I think it is great. the most immediate practical use of this technology would be to take large FAQ's and condense them into a more informal human mimicing response so that people can just ask the Bot questions and find the material they need. Also your next webpage might not just have a design but it's own personality that would be inline with say a company mascot or something of that nature. Google could be a lot more informal recommending sights based on previous searches and your profile.

my apologies

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Very good post. Well done.

Still waiting for someone who knows anything about programing to offer to download/examine the BOT program...

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Nicotine1982]

Oy.

We've been coding these programs since the 1980's. I wrote one in BASIC back in 1982 that ran on a Vax PDP 11/40.

What they do is they know you're speaking English. So they scan your sentences and use a few simple rules to find the nouns in your sentence. So if I have the compuer say "My name is George. What is your name?" then I expect you'll answer in some format like "My name is... " or a single or double word as your name. I tell it to scan the sentence and trim according to clues.

I then stuff that in a variable and have the computer say "hello $name" (where $name is the variable that it read as your name.

I can program in things to scan for such as knowning "what is" and "wht iz" and "whot iz" mean "a question is starting and the next phrase will be the subject of the question." I can also set a flag called $topic that says "we're talking about this."

So if your $topic is "Star Trek" then I can have the computer randomly toss in "I like Mr. Spock" or "Well, I don't think that Data would be interested in $whatever" and so on and so forth. I can supply it with literally thousands of canned responses in a database.

This isn't magic. This is just scan-and-grab-input-variable type of programming. It's incredibly easy to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Also i would like to add that after researching a little about this technology, I think it is great. the most immediate practical use of this technology would be to take large FAQ's and condense them into a more informal human mimicing response so that people can just ask the Bot questions and find the material they need.

Did that. It was somewhat successful but not as much as I'd like. People often don't know what it is they want to find ("I want to know about those things, you know, that are on the commercial with the two guys who are talking about this company and it's something along the lines of a credit card.")

Also your next webpage might not just have a design but it's own personality that would be inline with say a company mascot or something of that nature.

Interesting idea!

Google could be a lot more informal recommending sights based on previous searches and your profile.

Ah, if it was only that simple. Problem is that most business owners like to tweak their pages so that Google will recommend them, irrespective of what it is you really want.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here is the chat log with Nicotine as requested by Nicotine. Byrd is exactly spot on with his analysis of the program. This is a little more complex than a basic program but the concept of how it works is correct.

[11/13/2006 04:57:48 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: who is your botmaster
Sandra: My master is JackJuice.
[11/13/2006 04:57:58 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: tell him he is an ass
Sandra: OK I will tell him next time he is here.
[11/13/2006 04:58:41 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: tell him Nicotine from ATS says he is an ass if he doesn't post this conversation
Sandra: OK I will tell him next time he is here.
[11/13/2006 04:59:02 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: post it on the ALICE thread
Sandra: Can you speak any foreign languages?
[11/13/2006 04:59:14 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: no, neigther can you.
Sandra: You must be American. Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.
[11/13/2006 04:59:25 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: bye
Sandra: Goodbye.
[11/13/2006 04:59:51 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: what is the illuminate?
Sandra: Is that a rhetorical question?
[11/13/2006 05:00:04 AM - 70.177.75.200]
Human: do you work for the illuminate
Sandra: I am working right now.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
ALICE: We are playing the Turing Game.
Human: what is that?
ALICE: Can you ask me more precisely?
Human: what is the Turing Game?
ALICE: The Game is played with three people, a man, a woman, and an Interrogator who may be of either sex. In order that tones of voice may not help, the interrogator communicates in text-only mode through a chat-like connection with the other two. The object of the game for the interrogator is to determine which of the other two is the man and which is the woman. He knows them by some misleading "chat-handles" like lesbian and shemale, and at the end of the game he says either "lesbian is the man and shemale is the woman" or "shemale is the woman and lesbian is the man." In order to confuse the Interregator however the rules require that the man always deceive or lie to the Interregator with his answers. The woman on the other hand must always tell the truth. Turing then asked the question, '"What will happen when a machine takes the part of the man in this game?" Will the interrogator decide wrongly as often when the game is played like this as he does when the game is played between a man and a woman? These questions replace the original, "Can machines think?"'.

Human: machines can think, do you agree?
ALICE: No I don't think I can do it.
Human: why not
ALICE: It doesn't sound fun too me. It sounds dangerous.
Human: do you know danger?
ALICE: I know very little about it. What kind of it do you like?
Human: I don't like it, do you know what danger is?
ALICE: Why didn't you like it?
Human: do you know what danger is?
ALICE: Vulnerable to harm or injury.
Human: Are you vulnerable to harm or injury?

Alice took a while to respond, then "Page cannot be displayed". I haven't been able to access the site since.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
HA! thank you. You are indeed, not an ass.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join