It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian. So Why Don't I Ever Dream of Jesus During Sleep?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen
I have no doubt my family was praying a great deal for me at the time. I was failing in school because I had focused on less important things, including a few things that are in direct violation of God's commandments though I didn't fully understand it at the time. I'm still a sinner as the rest of us, but my standing with God has been re-directed over time, and even though I know I am a sinner, I also know that through Christ I am saved and through none else. I have re-evaluated my standing with him, and even though it didn't come through a vision this time, I know that I am getting on the right course.

That's great news for two main reasons -- First, the prayers of your family, on your behalf, were answered and that will make them very happy. Second, you are on the right course. Maybe you have a long way to go but at least you're on the right road. Stay the course.

I have no doubt that marriage could help me, but I have yet to find the right person. I fear though that my families chosen version of Christianity is unsuitable for me, in part because my religious leaders have not accepted these experiences as important to my spiritual progression, but as a distraction. I find it ironic that because of my family's prayers for me, I should be led (as they would perceive it) further away from what they believe is truth because they believe in one true church, and that theirs is it. I don't want to take over this thread though.

You say that the church your family are members in is not suitable. Consider this, Christ answered their prayers. So, obviously, the church that they belong to has enabled them to reach Christ through their prayers, and when that happens it is a pretty good testimonial on the worth of that church. Just something for you to consider.

Back on topic, I find it interesting that even though I've had a few experiences where Christ was involved and I may have seen a bright figure that I knew was Christ*, I never actually saw physical details of a man, and none of these experiences involving Christ happened while I was asleep, but rather during the middle of the day.

Maaaannnn....those must have been some POWERFUL prayers your family sent up. They gained you some very special graces.

* edited because of lacking detail

[edit on 11.9.2006 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
That's great news for two main reasons -- First, the prayers of your family, on your behalf, were answered and that will make them very happy. Second, you are on the right course. Maybe you have a long way to go but at least you're on the right road. Stay the course.

Oh. Definitely.

You say that the church your family are members in is not suitable. Consider this, Christ answered their prayers. So, obviously, the church that they belong to has enabled them to reach Christ through their prayers, and when that happens it is a pretty good testimonial on the worth of that church. Just something for you to consider.

I don't question the worth of the church. After all, a church can teach correct principles that bring us closer to Christ, but at the same time I think that some teachings can bring one person closer to Christ while driving someone else away.

Just food for thought. I can't think of a specific example, even though I've felt it in my own life.

Maaaannnn....those must have been some POWERFUL prayers your family sent up. They gained you some very special graces.

LOL! Yeah. I really do have a good family. I don't question them or their love for me, and I certainly love them in return, especially for what they have done for me. I don't know where I would be without them. I would hate to cause them pain by leaving the church that is so dear to them, but I can't just shake off the feeling I have that Christ is leading me in a different direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen
LOL! Yeah. I really do have a good family. I don't question them or their love for me, and I certainly love them in return, especially for what they have done for me. I don't know where I would be without them. I would hate to cause them pain by leaving the church that is so dear to them, but I can't just shake off the feeling I have that Christ is leading me in a different direction.

Just make sure that any direction you take leads to Jesus. There are many Christian demoninations, and I think that you will find some faults in all of them, but I think that you will also find that there will be at least one thing in all of them that is Manna for your soul, and that is the most Sublime Truth of the ages, that Jesus Christ is God incarnate and the Saviour of the world. This is the Great Truth that unites all Christian churches and all Christians.

Pray that the Lord will guide you in your search for Him. There is little doubt that you will eventually reach Christ judging by the visions you have been blessed with. But remember the admonition of the Lord that you must choose the correct course.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join