It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian. So Why Don't I Ever Dream of Jesus During Sleep?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,Skyway, I can see why you might would think that. However, like I stated, Jesus did not really appear as I would have expected in my dream. He had almost an italian appearance to him. I have always been exposed to him as being anglo-saxonish looking. He was quite a bit thinner than what most would conceptualize him as being. I am talking, he was like, skinny,skinny.
[edit on 31-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Could be that you saw Jesus as He actually appeared at the time of His crucifixion. Your dream may have involved the perception of a real event from the past. Maybe there is some part of your mind that is able to look through time while you are asleep. One thing is certain -- it was a rarely experienced dream. They just don't happen very often. So, I am quite certain that when anyone dreams of Christ it is with special allowance from God. There was a Divine purpose in your having that dream. Whether you realize it or not, that dream has probably made a difference in your life.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How many Christians dream of Jesus? I don't and if I did i probably won't remember. I don't need to dream about him in that way, maybe we are not worthy yet to see him we are still sinful in nature maybe, maybe seeing him will make people so self important and that it can do more harm than good.

Maybe Jesus is testing your faith if you decide that you not seeing him face to face is not enough IN A DREAM? Who is tempting you to want to see Jesus in a figurative form and by not doing so help lose your faith or pass on this negative aspect to others?

Another thing is if you think about him you will not dream him because he is also the Holy spirit that he is everywhere anyway. He is part of evey thought you have in a dream as he knows everything anyway but translates the same environment in your dream as he does with his Holy Spirit. JUST a theroy.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have dreams of Jesus and of "God" about once or twice a year. I am not religous, though I was brought up Methodist, and I am versed in the mythos.

To play the part of a 'believer' in God, I would offer you this.

Why would Jesus -need- to show Himself to you? You are a believer. You are strong in your faith in Him. What would you actually gain in experiencing a dream with Jesus in it?

Now, in that line of thought, this explains why Jesus may come to an unbeliever in a dream, and not one strong in the faith. Perhaps Jesus isn't ready to tap you into his minestry yet. Perhaps He is trying to get those that may NOT believe in Him to rethink His mesage.

If Jesus has a message for you, He may come to you in a dream. He might even come to you in a vision. The main thing to remember is not to be blind to all areas by only focusing on one.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
How many Christians dream of Jesus? I don't and if I did i probably won't remember. I don't need to dream about him in that way, maybe we are not worthy yet to see him we are still sinful in nature maybe, maybe seeing him will make people so self important and that it can do more harm than good.

Maybe Jesus is testing your faith if you decide that you not seeing him face to face is not enough IN A DREAM? Who is tempting you to want to see Jesus in a figurative form and by not doing so help lose your faith or pass on this negative aspect to others?

Another thing is if you think about him you will not dream him because he is also the Holy spirit that he is everywhere anyway. He is part of evey thought you have in a dream as he knows everything anyway but translates the same environment in your dream as he does with his Holy Spirit. JUST a theroy.

You may be right about the Lord testing my faith. I think that is something that happens quite often as we go about our daily tasks in the world. But, really, I do not consider the lack of dreams about Jesus to be much of a test. It is more of a puzzle to me. After all, we are only talking about dreams here, it's not as though the Lord were actually appearing. But maybe we underestimate the significance of dreams. Maybe there is more to dreams than we realize. After all, in the Bible itself, dreams are a mode of communication between the Divine and us. Dreams are perhaps, the most difficult language to understand.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Why would Jesus -need- to show Himself to you? You are a believer. You are strong in your faith in Him. What would you actually gain in experiencing a dream with Jesus in it?

That's just it, I don't consider dreaming of Jesus to be an actual appearance by the Lord, but maybe even a dream about Jesus is more than God is willing to allow except in special instances. After all, while we are asleep our dreams seem real to us. So, any dream about Christ would be very special, even if it is only a dream, because it would be real to us while we are in that dream state. It may be that even dreaming about the Lord is more of a blessing than most of us merit, and that is why such dreams are so rare.

Now, in that line of thought, this explains why Jesus may come to an unbeliever in a dream, and not one strong in the faith. Perhaps Jesus isn't ready to tap you into his minestry yet. Perhaps He is trying to get those that may NOT believe in Him to rethink His mesage.

Excellent observation! It may be that the Lord will appear to those who do not believe in Him to draw them to Him. It is also possible that Jesus will appear to those whose faith is not too strong to prevent the loss of their faith altogether. But those who are strong in their faith do not require such actions and can actually attain to greater merit by remaining faithful without requiring the extra assistance that is supplied to those whose faith is weak. The Lord indicated this when He said, "Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe."

If Jesus has a message for you, He may come to you in a dream. He might even come to you in a vision. The main thing to remember is not to be blind to all areas by only focusing on one.

I hear ya. Don't overlook the forest for the trees. And this is a mistake that I try to avoid. I must not look so much for Jesus to appear in one way only. He can come in many ways that we don't expect and at times when we aren't expecting Him. This is why it is most important for the Christian to be always vigilant.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
SkyWay,it certainly has changed my life. You are correct. I know, deep down, even though it is not yet clear what it is, that I have a mission. It is one of, at least in my opinion, of significance in the scheme of things. I feel like my dream was a way to let me know that Jesus is with me on my journey.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

SkyWay,it certainly has changed my life. You are correct. I know, deep down, even though it is not yet clear what it is, that I have a mission. It is one of, at least in my opinion, of significance in the scheme of things. I feel like my dream was a way to let me know that Jesus is with me on my journey.

It is difficult to assess the full impact that dreams may have on our lives, but I suspect that dreams have as much of an impact on our waking life as our activities and thoughts, when we are awake, have on our dreams. Considering this, the dream you had about Jesus has probably influenced the person that you have become and are still becoming.

What your mission in life may be will probably become clearer before much longer because the time is getting rather short till the Lord returns. So I think that whatever missions any of us may have will become much clearer to us in the near future. But sometimes, even if we don't know what our mission may be, we may be fulfilling it just as the Lord desires. We'll know for certain when the Lord returns if He hasn't already revealed to us through....a dream. LOL!

Yeah He is with you all along your journey SpeakerofTruth, just as He is with all Christians. It's just that with some He carries on a personal dialogue, but they are usually very few and far between. I think maybe Jesus doesn't want to make it too easy for us, which is what would happen with most Christians if they had regular visits from the Almighty. I mean, to have the Lord with us visibly would be like being in Heaven while still on Earth. That isn't supposed to happen until later, when He returns and restores the earth to the Paradise it was originally.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That isn't supposed to happen until later, when He returns and restores the earth to the Paradise it was originally.

Not to derail the thread, but you do realize that is a process that is occurring right at this very moment, don't you?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That isn't supposed to happen until later, when He returns and restores the earth to the Paradise it was originally.

Not to derail the thread, but you do realize that is a process that is occurring right at this very moment, don't you?

You aren't derailing the thread at all, rather, you are enriching it.

Indeed, the process of restoration does seem to have begun. It's just progressing in a very gradual way. This is why few people realize what is going on. Like the proverbial frog in the pot with water heating so gradually that the frog is unaware what is happening until the water is boiling. So yes, the world is being restored right at this moment, as you say, but the actual appearance of the Lord in glory is still in the future...although He may appear to some people, prior to that great day, in dreams and visions and apparitions. I think such dreams, etc., may become more frequent as the day of the Lord draws nearer.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Skyway, you have the right idea,bud. If you just stay on your path and keep faith, you will be fine. Dream or no dream.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Skyway, you have the right idea,bud. If you just stay on your path and keep faith, you will be fine. Dream or no dream.

It's the same path that you're on brother, as well as ALL Christians, the path that leads to eternal life....the path of saints and angels...though I still have quite a way to go. But must keep on truckin' because that Golden Mansion that you dreamed about is there at the end of the path, along with the Tree of Life!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
After getting the Holy Spirit, I had a dream that I was baptising a friend of mine in the bathtub of my apartment. As I Baptised him, he drowned and then I freaked, sat him up, and started pounding on his back to get him to come back to life. I started praying out loud for God to save my friend from drowning, and then my friend started coughing and came to. We were both in the bathtub clothes on during this event with the bath curtains closed and the bathroom door closed. Well after he started coughing and he came to, somebody opened the bathroom door, and even though I could not see at first who it was, I sensed and knew automatically that it was some-one of tremendous power and importance. As I made this realization, the curtain slowly slid open and before me standing was the begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ himself. He looked me dead in the eyes as I was frozen in sheer terror, my heart pumping a hundred thousand miles an hour and jumping out of my throat. I was utterly frozen in this awe and amazement, and he simply smiled at me, turned his head towards my friend, reached out his hand towards him and told him, "Come with Me now." My friend grabbed his hand as he struggled to get up and out of the bathtub, and they walked out in front of me. Jesus was radiating so much light that after they walked out, particles of light were all over me and the bathroom. The whole time I was in the biggest shock I have ever been in a dream and when I woke up, I was drenched in sweat and my heart was pounding!!!!!!!!!!

bih

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
has anyone even seen jesus? he might not even exist or he may
but until someone shows proof then maybe I'll change my mind

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
After getting the Holy Spirit, I had a dream that I was baptising a friend of mine in the bathtub of my apartment. As I Baptised him, he drowned and then I freaked, sat him up, and started pounding on his back to get him to come back to life. I started praying out loud for God to save my friend from drowning, and then my friend started coughing and came to. We were both in the bathtub clothes on during this event with the bath curtains closed and the bathroom door closed. Well after he started coughing and he came to, somebody opened the bathroom door, and even though I could not see at first who it was, I sensed and knew automatically that it was some-one of tremendous power and importance. As I made this realization, the curtain slowly slid open and before me standing was the begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ himself. He looked me dead in the eyes as I was frozen in sheer terror, my heart pumping a hundred thousand miles an hour and jumping out of my throat. I was utterly frozen in this awe and amazement, and he simply smiled at me, turned his head towards my friend, reached out his hand towards him and told him, "Come with Me now." My friend grabbed his hand as he struggled to get up and out of the bathtub, and they walked out in front of me. Jesus was radiating so much light that after they walked out, particles of light were all over me and the bathroom. The whole time I was in the biggest shock I have ever been in a dream and when I woke up, I was drenched in sweat and my heart was pounding!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that comes across in this description of your dream is the focus on the Lord's power. You seem to be more focused on His power than on His Love. It can be a very unnerving thing when we get a glimpse of the infinite power of God. It is only because He loves us that we are not overcome with the Majesty of God's power. That may be one of the reasons why Jesus demonstrated the greatness of His love for us by even allowing Himself to be crucified and killed for our sakes. By knowing the love God has for us we do not succumb to terror of His Power. Perhaps you need to focus more on His Love.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bih
has anyone even seen jesus? he might not even exist or he may
but until someone shows proof then maybe I'll change my mind

Yes. There are some who have seen Jesus. The Lord has been seen mostly by people of outstanding virtue such as the saints. Some people have also seen Jesus during near-death experiences and described the encounter after they were revived. Sometimes even the unworthy may catch a glimpse of Jesus if He decides to appear to them in order to lead them in a new direction. Mostly though it is the saints who have seen Jesus and at times received instruction directly from Him. So, if anyone wishes to see Jesus they should follow the examples of the saints.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Whoa! Hold on a second! This is a completely new concept to me! I know the earth is supposed to be restored, but could someone explain how that is currently happening or at least direct me to a thread where this topic has been discussed?

As far as dreams, I haven't had any with Christ in them that I remember, but I had a couple experiences where I saw Christ. The first happened at age 3 or so and the second when I was about 14. If you're interested in those, visit the thread here.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen

Whoa! Hold on a second! This is a completely new concept to me! I know the earth is supposed to be restored, but could someone explain how that is currently happening or at least direct me to a thread where this topic has been discussed?

As far as dreams, I haven't had any with Christ in them that I remember, but I had a couple experiences where I saw Christ. The first happened at age 3 or so and the second when I was about 14. If you're interested in those, visit the thread here.

The Earth is being restored through the disruption of its natural balance. This is occurring in the form of increasing contamination of the environment, war, intensification of violent weather, diseases that are resistent to treatment and spread of diseases not seen before. This is the process of tearing down the old to make way for the new. So, these are the initial steps of restoration of our planet, and its inhabitants, to a better physical and moral state in order that a better age can begin.

The only way to describe what happened is to say that a vision opened up. I don't particularly like that phrase because it is overused. This experience was quite different from daydreaming. I was not asleep, and I don't think it was an out-of-body experience either. There are differences. In this "vision," I saw myself walking toward Christ with my family, but eventually found myself left behind when my family was allowed to join Christ. When this vision closed, another opened, and I saw my family walking toward Christ once again, but I was no longer there. I realized that this was a second possible future, which indicates that our future is not set in stone. Our actions can change our paths. I asked to see where I was. This second vision closed, and I found myself in another vision, walking toward Christ from a distant place on a different path, though still walking toward Christ. I had a wife and children with me (though I can't recall any physical details). I eventually found Christ and joined my family. A voice then (whether audibly or not I am unsure) spoke to me, saying, "If you want this event to come to pass, you need to make some changes in your life."

This part of your dream seems to indicate that you had fallen behind the rest of your family in their spiritual progress toward Christ. At the time of the dream, they were progressing faster than you, spiritually, which is why you found yourself "left behind" in your dream.
The dream also seems to indicate that marriage could be a help to you in reaching Christ.
One thing is certainly clear. You were told in no uncertain terms to change. Whatever you were doing at the time of the dream was leading you away from Christ. It may have been Jesus telling you, through a dream, that you needed to head in a new direction. I have the feeling your family may have been praying a great deal for you, and that is why you received help through the dream.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Skyway,pretty much hit the nail on the head about the restoration of the earth. All of the natural calamities also are playing a hand in the deal. The earth is renewing itself through natural destruction. Tearing down the old and making things new.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Skyway,pretty much hit the nail on the head about the restoration of the earth. All of the natural calamities also are playing a hand in the deal. The earth is renewing itself through natural destruction. Tearing down the old and making things new.

The signs are all around us, and they are increasing.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The Earth is being restored through the disruption of its natural balance. This is occurring in the form of increasing contamination of the environment, war, intensification of violent weather, diseases that are resistent to treatment and spread of diseases not seen before. This is the process of tearing down the old to make way for the new. So, these are the initial steps of restoration of our planet, and its inhabitants, to a better physical and moral state in order that a better age can begin.

Thanks. That makes a lot more sense. I thought we were saying the earth is already getting better. I know it will only get worse first, but yes I do agree by this definition that the earth is being restored.

This part of your dream seems to indicate that you had fallen behind the rest of your family in their spiritual progress toward Christ. At the time of the dream, they were progressing faster than you, spiritually, which is why you found yourself "left behind" in your dream.
The dream also seems to indicate that marriage could be a help to you in reaching Christ.
One thing is certainly clear. You were told in no uncertain terms to change. Whatever you were doing at the time of the dream was leading you away from Christ. It may have been Jesus telling you, through a dream, that you needed to head in a new direction. I have the feeling your family may have been praying a great deal for you, and that is why you received help through the dream.

I have no doubt my family was praying a great deal for me at the time. I was failing in school because I had focused on less important things, including a few things that are in direct violation of God's commandments though I didn't fully understand it at the time. I'm still a sinner as the rest of us, but my standing with God has been re-directed over time, and even though I know I am a sinner, I also know that through Christ I am saved and through none else. I have re-evaluated my standing with him, and even though it didn't come through a vision this time, I know that I am getting on the right course.

I have no doubt that marriage could help me, but I have yet to find the right person. I fear though that my families chosen version of Christianity is unsuitable for me, in part because my religious leaders have not accepted these experiences as important to my spiritual progression, but as a distraction. I find it ironic that because of my family's prayers for me, I should be led (as they would perceive it) further away from what they believe is truth because they believe in one true church, and that theirs is it. I don't want to take over this thread though.

Back on topic, I find it interesting that even though I've had a few experiences where Christ was involved and I may have seen a bright figure that I knew was Christ*, I never actually saw physical details of a man, and none of these experiences involving Christ happened while I was asleep, but rather during the middle of the day.

* edited because of lacking detail

[edit on 11.9.2006 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join