It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian. So Why Don't I Ever Dream of Jesus During Sleep?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reaper2

As far as choosing a church is concerned I would say that the Lord has helped you by appearing in the dream. You should choose a Christian church. There are many. Do not presume that because there are some bad members (even among the clergy) that the church is not a good thing to join. It's like saying that institutions of learning such as Harvard or Yale are not good places for learning just because some of their graduates are corrupt politicians or corporate swindlers. The church is a good thing to join, and can help a person to join with others who are like in spiritual aspirations, despite the corruption of some of its members. Remember, there are many who became saints through the church. Ultimately, though, the essential thing is to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. This may be the reason the dream came to you with the Lord on the mountain and His arms outstretched in a gesture of reaching out to you and to all the others in your dream.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
What were your feelings during the dream and upon awakening?

Well, it was one of peace. However, I have to admit that I was a bit stunned because all I can remember thinking is that there is a verse in the bible,

Joel 2:28

"It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.

So naturally I was somewhat shocked. However, it is a dream, "vision," that has stuck with me for about the last 12 years. I'll never forget it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, it was one of peace. However, I have to admit that I was a bit stunned because all I can remember thinking is that there is a verse in the bible,

Joel 2:28

"It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.

See, that is one of the most telling signs of whether a dream is from the Lord -- the peaceful feeling that it imparts to a person. Notice the contrast between your dream about Jesus and the dream that reaper2 had about the devil. He woke up in a cold sweat...just the opposite of the peace that you awoke to.

I have, on a few occasions, awakened with the most delicate feeling of peace and a deep sense of well being for no apparent reason. On those occasions I felt as though I had just been with some very special company and the feeling of close friendship had lingered a while into my waking life. The feeling usually lasts only 10 to 15 minutes...fading away gradually. No matter how much I try to recall my dream at such times, to try to understand what could have left me with such a feeling of well being, I am unable to.

The Lord speaks through dreams to some. I think that is what happened to you.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

because every cell in your body is under the control of dna that tells you to "i serve myself before i serve anything else or anyone else"

also mainly because you don't know love.

you serve fear and hate.
jesus can hear your dreams, but you only hear that which you are afraid of and hate.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So naturally I was somewhat shocked. However, it is a dream, "vision," that has stuck with me for about the last 12 years. I'll never forget it.

may i hear about this dream "vision" of yours.
i believe it is important.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

because every cell in your body is under the control of dna that tells you to "i serve myself before i serve anything else or anyone else"

also mainly because you don't know love.

you serve fear and hate.
jesus can hear your dreams, but you only hear that which you are afraid of and hate.

You sound so certain of what you say. Are you speaking from experience? Sometimes the things we think we see in others reveal more about ourselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I dream virtually every night. Most of the time I remember my dreams, and have dreams of just about everything that anyone can imagine. Yet, even though I am a Christian, I never have dreams of Jesus, nor His mother the Blessed Virgin.

Consider this a sign that you haven't fully committed yourself to Christ and his will. Don't focus on his mother. She is dead. Jesus never told his people to pray to his mother. Once you realize these truths God will come back to your dreams for then you will be truely saved.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Consider this a sign that you haven\'t fully committed yourself to Christ and his will. Don\'t focus on his mother. She is dead. Jesus never told his people to pray to his mother. Once you realize these truths God will come back to your dreams for then you will be truely saved.

I have to admit, I am not a saint by any stretch of the imagination. But I do love the Lord and by His grace have been able to attain some spiritual elevation.

In regard to the Mother of Jesus...I love her also because Jesus loved her, and because she served God without reserve. She "fully committed" herself to God.
And it is perfectly in keeping with my faith to ask the Blessed Virgin for help, just as it is perfectly fine to ask anyone for help when they are in a position to do so. This is why I pray to her sometimes. However, I do not worship her. I worship only God.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

may i hear about this dream "vision" of yours.
i believe it is important.

I already posted it. It's on page one.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello there,
Just like to say i think you are probably looking at this Jesus dreaming in the wrong way.

1. I would say if you watch a Jesus based movie you will see the Jesus character in your dream which is not what you want. Because the dream is just a rerun of a memory.

2. I don't think God will show him self in that way as a human figure.

3. The prophets never dreamed totally of seeing Jesus he was very figerative never described fully till the Book of revelations anyway as and even so he was not of the pre-crucifiction Jesus look wise.

4. If you are looking for Godly contact then he will do it in ways you have to believe, he won't show you the whole picture he will show you if via a figurative dream or an event in your life.
That has more meaning than seeing Jesus in a dream, and if you do you can never be sure its God doing the contact. Also you have to be pretty special or fortunite to have Godly contact.

5.Its not to late to see the signs maybe you have had plenty but you are so blind into seeing a IMAGE rather than the meaning you just don't get the parable if one is being sent to you.

6. I believe God has made signs for me, ones of impossibe misinterpretation, just ask him and see if anything comes up and you will find an aswere and its not just about dreaming of this Idol of Jesus to confirm anything. You can be awake and see him in some mysterious fashion. Ask God for help you may see an impossible events or signs that will open a new book in your life.

7. If this helps please come back and tell us we want to know.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also to be even more precise ask and see two seperate events in the space of 2 seconds when you ask God for a sign. It may not work for everyone you may be given a sign and not believe it or you will never be satisfied with it.

Do it again ask for one the next day, read the Bible too it may help to undertand his nature more. But I have a feeling it may not work for everyone the reasons could be that if you believe already you don't need anything extra and two if you really need his help he may favour the moment to save your faith.

It can be complex and maybe if you want a sign in a dream ask him, but a dream is never as good a real time events or symbols that are impossible for people or fallen Angels to manipulate. You have to bring factors in that will not contaminate your interpretations.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The time lord

Thank you for the recommendations. I was not suggesting that dreams are the only way that we can have an encounter with God...only querying as to the possible reasons why I have never had a dream of Jesus. I agree with you that the Lord can come to people in many ways that are rather subtle, and not always in obvious forms such as the human form of Jesus. To tell you the truth, there are some events in my life when I am pretty certain that the Lord was involved, even though He was nowhere to be seen.

The thing that I find mystifying is the total absence from my dreams of Jesus even though I think about Him everyday, and pray to Him every day. I would expect some dreams to occur of someone who occupies such a large part of my thoughts. It is certainly not in keeping with the way that most dreams seem to arise...from the things which preoccupy the mind. Jesus and the Blessed Virgin seem to be the only exceptions to this.

The focus of my query is -- why is Jesus so completely absent from dreams. I don't require that Jesus Christ appear to me in human form, either in waking or dreaming life. I believe in Christ whether I see Him or not...or dream of Him or not. It's just that, when we dream often, as I do, and are able to recall our dreams, as I can, we can't help but notice the complete absence of the Lord and His Mother from them. That is the case with me. Others do seem to have dreams of Jesus, but even for them such dreams are extremely rare...occuring maybe once or twice in their life. I am not, however, overlooking the obvious exceptions to this omission of Jesus from dreams -- the saints. They not only have visions of Jesus but, at times, have had the Lord and/or His Mother actually appear to them.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Church isn't something that people should go to because they feel they have to, they should do it only if they want to. Going to church does not make you a good person or any better off than anyone else. It's about how you live and love that matters. If you want to go to church, then it's perfectly good to do so, that's also the same if you don't want to.
Especially these days many churches are corrupt and hypocritical (not all), so be careful when choosing your church. As far as where you should go, i can not say, that is up to you to decide if you really want to. Just as long as you keep love in your heart, you will be fine.

I agree churce is not for everyone and when i look around today i don't see even one church which might resemble something christ would want they all seem to very! concerend with money and after some extensive reding of the new testament, don't appear to be following the teachings with any conviction but as for only needing love in your heart im not so sure as even bad and even those considered evil love those who are dear to them.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Time Lord, I have to address two things that you mentioned in your post...

1. I would say if you watch a Jesus based movie you will see the Jesus character in your dream which is not what you want. Because the dream is just a rerun of a memory.

2. I don't think God will show him self in that way as a human figure.

Firstly, before I had my dream, I hadn't watched a movie about Jesus, and certainly not one with a gigantic tidal wave and building made of gold in it.
So, I don't buy the theory that it is caused by some movie replaying in my head.

Secondly, while I can't say that the image of Jesus that appeared to me in my dream was the typical depiction of him, he certainly appeared human. He was a little bit thinner than one would expect and much darker skinned. He had an olive complexion to him. He wasn't as dark as arabs, but darker than the typical anglo-saxon pictures you see of him. Almost Italian looking....

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reaper2

As far as choosing a church is concerned I would say that the Lord has helped you by appearing in the dream. You should choose a Christian church.This may be the reason the dream came to you with the Lord on the mountain and His arms outstretched in a gesture of reaching out to you and to all the others in your dream.

Well skyway i can see what you mean you have made some excellent points and i agree it must be a christian teaching that i am intended to follow but it seems a very long road and there is plenty of debate over contradictions in the bible and even authenticity, well we can only do our best i suppose and hope for the best. but the arms outstretched seem more like a dividing gesture than anything else but thats just what i feel atleast.

I'll search for the truth as best i can but i have a feeling that maybe religion is not telling us the whole storey as it may have been intended.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2

reaper2

Well skyway i can see what you mean you have made some excellent points and i agree it must be a christian teaching that i am intended to follow but it seems a very long road and there is plenty of debate over contradictions in the bible and even authenticity, well we can only do our best i suppose and hope for the best. but the arms outstretched seem more like a dividing gesture than anything else but thats just what i feel atleast.

I'll search for the truth as best i can but i have a feeling that maybe religion is not telling us the whole storey as it may have been intended.

reaper2, you probably will never find perfection in any church...probably because there are no perfect human beings...so everything built by imperfect human beings is going to have flaws. But, as I wrote in a previous post, the critical thing is your personal relationship with the Creator. God looks at the heart. If you are sincere in your quest for Jesus, He will bless you and the answers will come. I think He is calling to you. That is why Christ is the One who came to you in the dream and not another. The path you are to take is the path of Christ. If there are parts of the Bible that you don't understand at this time, focus on the parts that you do understand, and adhere to them. If you do, the meanings in other parts that are more obscure, will be revealed to you. The Lord will exalt your understanding enough so that those parts will become clear to you, although there will probably always be some portions of Holy Writ that will remain a mystery until the return of the Lord in Glory.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaper2

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Church isn't something that people should go to because they feel they have to, they should do it only if they want to. Going to church does not make you a good person or any better off than anyone else. It's about how you live and love that matters. If you want to go to church, then it's perfectly good to do so, that's also the same if you don't want to.
Especially these days many churches are corrupt and hypocritical (not all), so be careful when choosing your church. As far as where you should go, i can not say, that is up to you to decide if you really want to. Just as long as you keep love in your heart, you will be fine.

I agree churce is not for everyone and when i look around today i don't see even one church which might resemble something christ would want they all seem to very! concerend with money and after some extensive reding of the new testament, don't appear to be following the teachings with any conviction but as for only needing love in your heart im not so sure as even bad and even those considered evil love those who are dear to them.

I wasn't referring to love on that scale. What i was talking about was more of a love for everything, life, earth, etc. It may be more difficult for some people to do this (criminals, etc.) but if you can have love for all, then you no longer wish to do bad things. When fear is lost, love can take it's place and the world can slowly but surely become a truly great place to live.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You could have already experienced Jesus in your dreams based on your belief system. This is based on many factors:

1) God is the director of dreams. Do you believe Jesus Christ is God? If so, He is already part of your dreams. If He is the Son of God only, God can act separate from Jesus Christ and can make the rule that you never see or hear Jesus Christ in your dreams.

2) Dreams consist of images (pictures). It is possible that the current pictures and sculptures of Jesus Christ cannot accurately describe His appearance. As such, you could have "seen" Jesus Christ in your dreams but not recognized Him.

3) Dreams consist of language. It is possible that current translations of Bible are not 100% accurate and thus Jesus Christ could have spoken to you in your dreams but you did not recognize that it was from He.

4) Your interpretation of the Bible might be different than Jesus Christ's and thus you did not recognize that it was He when He might have spoken to you.

I hope this helps.

God Bless You and All!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
You could have already experienced Jesus in your dreams based on your belief system. This is based on many factors:

1) God is the director of dreams. Do you believe Jesus Christ is God? If so, He is already part of your dreams. If He is the Son of God only, God can act separate from Jesus Christ and can make the rule that you never see or hear Jesus Christ in your dreams.

2) Dreams consist of images (pictures). It is possible that the current pictures and sculptures of Jesus Christ cannot accurately describe His appearance. As such, you could have "seen" Jesus Christ in your dreams but not recognized Him.

3) Dreams consist of language. It is possible that current translations of Bible are not 100% accurate and thus Jesus Christ could have spoken to you in your dreams but you did not recognize that it was from He.

4) Your interpretation of the Bible might be different than Jesus Christ's and thus you did not recognize that it was He when He might have spoken to you.

I hope this helps.

God Bless You and All!!!

GreatTech

Thanks for some very helpful insights. Of course, you are correct that I may have been expecting Jesus to appear in the form that I am most familiar with, then He may have appeared in a dream as He actually is, and that may be different from my expectations. This would be good in one way, and not so good in another. It would be good because, whether I recognize the Lord or not, it is wonderful to think that He has actually visited me. It would not be so great because I may have been in the presence of the Almighty and did not even realize it. What irony that would be, eh? -- to have someone, such as myself, looking for the Lord, then fail to recognize Him when He appeared. But I don't think this has happened simply because I believe the Lord emanates such a strong love and peace that even if He were not to appear as I expected, I would know it was Him by the sense of love that flows from Him.

Another reason that I don't think this has happened to me is because I think that if the Lord chose to appear within the framework of dreams to anyone, He would probably appear in the form that the person thinks of Him. Either that, or He would remain unseen -- invisible. Otherwise what would be the point of appearing to someone if it is to be in a form that person would not recognize?

I think most of the time Jesus keeps Himself invisible to us. This must be the case, for He did say that He is with us ALWAYS. This being true, it must be in an invisible form. But if He chooses to make Himself visible, then it suggests that He wants the person to know that He is present. In which case, in addition to rendering Himself visible, He would most likely assume a familiar form that would be recognizable to that individual.

So, whether we see Jesus or not, He is always near. Still, what Christian wouldn't WANT to see the Lord.

God bless you too brother!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Another reason that I don't think this has happened to me is because I think that if the Lord chose to appear within the framework of dreams to anyone, He would probably appear in the form that the person thinks of Him. Either that, or He would remain unseen -- invisible.

Well,Skyway, I can see why you might would think that. However, like I stated, Jesus did not really appear as I would have expected in my dream. He had almost an italian appearance to him. I have always been exposed to him as being anglo-saxonish looking. He was quite a bit thinner than what most would conceptualize him as being. I am talking, he was like, skinny,skinny.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join