It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian. So Why Don't I Ever Dream of Jesus During Sleep?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I dream virtually every night. Most of the time I remember my dreams, and have dreams of just about everything that anyone can imagine. Yet, even though I am a Christian, I never have dreams of Jesus, nor His mother the Blessed Virgin. This is quite puzzling to me.

I WANT to dream of Jesus but can't seem to no matter how much I want to. Often my dreams involve things I don't even think about and yet, even though I think about Jesus Christ every day, and pray to Hiim every day, I never have dreams about Him. How can someone who occupies my thoughts so much be so completely absent from my dreams?

Dreams are supposed to reflect people's inmost desires and wishes, according to some theories of dreams, so it would seem natural that Christians should be dreaming of Jesus every night, or at least frequently, but I never do. Maybe there is some spiritual limit involving any experience of the Lord whether awake or asleep. I am beginning to think that we are not permitted to see the Lord during sleep anymore than we are able to see Him when we are awake.

Dreams seem real to us during sleep. So whatever we dream about will generally evoke the same reaction from us that would happen if we experienced that thing when awake. If a Christian dreams of Jesus the reaction would be one of extreme joy! It would be as though we were actually with Him! That may be the reason we never dream of the Lord...that kind of joy is not permitted in dreams any more than in our waking life because it would be too much like the actual event! Such all-encompassing exultation is allowed, by God, only when the Lord Jesus Christ returns in the flesh, not before then, not even in our dreams!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well...you know...theyre just dreams.

Random sorting of the brain as you sleep...like ordering a filing cabinent.

Maybe you should watch passion of the christ before you go to bed or something, if you want to dream of Jesus.

O.o

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Well...you know...theyre just dreams.

Random sorting of the brain as you sleep...like ordering a filing cabinent.

Maybe you should watch passion of the christ before you go to bed or something, if you want to dream of Jesus.

O.o

Oh yes. I realize they're only dreams, yet when asleep my reactions in dreams are much the same as they are when I'm awake, and I would like to know what the experience would be like, even if it is only a dream. So, I thought that I should have had such a dream according to the theory that dreams are a reflection of our deepest wishes and desires, but not true in my case.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think most people tend to dream about what they fear on a subconsious level.

I have a lot of recurring dreams about driving on icy narrow roads on mountains and flying off, gangs of people chasing me to kill me, people in my life abandoning me, etc.

And I notice some of the most common dreams people have are waking up right before death, falling a great distance, realizing their naked in a public situation, teeth falling out, and the like.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola
I think most people tend to dream about what they fear on a subconsious level.

Yeah. Anything that evokes a strong reaction from us may resurface during sleep. Fears are probably the basis for many of people's nightmares. Thank God I don't have many of those.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think some of the thories of dreams may be seriously flawed because I find I don't dream about things that I WANT to dream about...in fact...I dream more often about things I DON'T want to dream about. Not what one would expect.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, with the subconscious thing again: Maybe what is prone to enter it are things that we are trying to supress, or things we ignore on a conscious level? If that is true, the things that make us happy we are going to WANT to be conscious of, and no need for it to seep into the subconsious mind.

Like you said, you dream about things you don't want to dream about, and for myself this is true also. Throw that in with all the every day things we don't notice or forget about very quickly, we get very random, nonsense dreams that often don't leave us waking up with a good feeling.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola
Well, with the subconscious thing again: Maybe what is prone to enter it are things that we are trying to supress, or things we ignore on a conscious level? If that is true, the things that make us happy we are going to WANT to be conscious of, and no need for it to seep into the subconsious mind.

I agree with you partly. I think you're correct that things we suppress are likely to enter the subconscious mind. This may be because of all of the energy we invest in it by struggling to suppress it. The energy we apply to a subject, whether positive or negative energy, will very likely embed it in the subconscious. But, I think this is also true of those things we want to be conscious of because they are also highly charged with energy to pentrate into our subconscious.

I must clarify something....when I said that I dream of things I don't wish to dream about and don't dream of those things that I do wish to dream of, I mispoke. To put it precisely, I don't dream about Jesus even though I want to, but I do often dream about other things that I desire to dream about and which I enjoy greatly. It is only Jesus that never appears in my dreams, nor the Blessed Virgin. I have had "dreams" about angels however, though these were of a special, more lucid nature...not like ordinary dreams.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How do you know that you've never had a dream about Jesus? Assuming that there was an actual human named Jesus that wasn't a woman and whose named wasn't changed throughout the course of history, how would we know what that figure looked like.

I am not saying that there was never a Jesus. I'm just saying that we don't know for a fact that figure's real name or true identity. Unless we go back in time with a camera, there is no 100% way of knowing.

Besides that, with everything that is going on in our world don't you think that Jesus/Yehoshua etc. has his/her hands full?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
How do you know that you've never had a dream about Jesus? Assuming that there was an actual human named Jesus that wasn't a woman and whose named wasn't changed throughout the course of history, how would we know what that figure looked like.

To the best of my recollection I have never had a dream about Jesus as I understand Him. After all, dreams are based on OUR PERSONAL perceptions and understandings, so in MY dreams Jesus would appear as I think of Him or envision Him.

I am not saying that there was never a Jesus. I'm just saying that we don't know for a fact that figure's real name or true identity. Unless we go back in time with a camera, there is no 100% way of knowing.

I understand exactly what you are saying, and I consider it a valid guestion. But you are inquiring regarding the ACTUAL person of Jesus Christ, whereas I am inquiring about a personal perception of Jesus...for this is all that is required to dream about Him. What Jesus ACTUALLY looked like or anything else about the ACTUAL person of Jesus Christ is a matter of faith on the part of Christians such as myself.

Besides that, with everything that is going on in our world don't you think that Jesus/Yehoshua etc. has his/her hands full?

I hear ya. The world is in a mess, literally AND figuratively. It's polluted in land, water, and air, and is getting worse. It is also polluted spiritually with all of the evils that are being committed all over the world. Jesus does have a big job on His hands, but He is BIGGER than any task! The troubles of the world appear enormous from our perspective as human beings, but they are easy from the Divine level. Jesus can handle it all with ease.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Skyway, I actually had a dream once with christ in it. It was strange. I was at the crucifixion and my dream starts out with me looking at his nailed feet. As I gradually look up at him on the cross, I see this gigantic waterwave headed directly towards me from behind Christ. I turn and I see a golden building; I run as fast I can to get to the building and just as I entered its doorway, I woke up.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Skyway, I actually had a dream once with christ in it. It was strange. I was at the crucifixion and my dream starts out with me looking at his nailed feet. As I gradually look up at him on the cross, I see this gigantic waterwave headed directly towards me from behind Christ. I turn and I see a golden building; I run as fast I can to get to the building and just as I entered its doorway, I woke up.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

It sounds as though you also do not dream of Jesus very often by your indication that you had a dream "once" with Christ in it. It really is a mystery that even Christians almost never dream of Jesus. But at least you DID dream of Him once, whereas I never have.

I am no expert at dream interpretation, buty your description of your dream sounds as though it was packed with symbolic meaning. The crucifixion of course represents Divine salvation. The gigantic wave of water, to me, indicates God's boundless grace. Which is why the wave was gigantic. The golden building seems to me to represent the House of the Lord.

Our Creator uses dreams to communicate with us sometimes. Over-all I would say your dream reveals that you are making good progress as a Christian. It may have been to let you know that you're on the right path. Way to go Speakerof Truth. What were your feelings during the dream and upon awakening?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Perhaps the Lord knows that people would spend more time sleeping than awake if they could experience being with Him in their dreams. This could diminish our level of service to Him, because the more time we spend sleeping, the less time we will spend working to eliminate the evils in the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This much I know...if all that is required to dream of something is to have it seep into our subconscious, then I should dream of Jesus practically every time I go to sleep. There must be more dreaming than the contents of our subconscious mind. I think such contents account for only part of our dreams, there is some other part of human beings that is involved in the things we recall as dreams when we awaken. Some of our dreams may be products of our soul.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Some dreams may be recollections (memories) of our soul, in other words, some of our dreams may reflect the contents of our SOUL's mind or IT's subconscious, though I doubt that there is any subconscious level to the mind of the soul because there probably isn't any part of its mind that the soul is not fully aware of.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The soul, rather than the subconscious mind, may be the source of some of those precognitive dreams that people have from time to time. It may also be the cause of the more lucid dreams. This may be the reason dreams of Jesus are so rare. Such dreams are carefully guarded by the soul because they are part of the contents of IT's mind, and such contents are off-limits to us except in rare and carefully weighed situations such as prophecies and "visitations" that some people have from recently deceased loved one's.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There are two aspects to man's life -- spiritual and physical. Our spiritual concerns, thoughts, and desires are harvested by our soul for those are the tnings which it values. Our physically oriented concerns, and thoughts, and desires settle into our subconscious mind because they are of value to our physical body. This may be why people dream of worldly things more often than spirtual ones. Of course, it could also be because most of us spend a lot more time thinking about and involved in the physical world.

We must detach ourselves from the physical and focus more on the spiritual to receive more input from the spiritual (our soul).

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here something from one of my threads you might find ineresting.

Strange religious dreams

I had a dream about jesus once it was very strange dream, lucid even.

Well it went like this, I was standing on the roof of my house and the streets were filled with people for as far as the eye could see and there was a mountain or more like a rocky hill and on top was jesus with his hands outstretched to either side and above in the sky was flying suacers and various other shaped craft and aliens looking out of the top of them. and even the clouds seemed to be alive and the sky was no more, only white light.
And then i looked down on the people to see if there was anyone i knew and i was alarmed because the floor was made of glass and there was a distict faint silver line going down the middle of the earth, underneath the glass on the left side to jesus there was fire like volcanic eruption and on the right side just the normal ground. And throughout all the time i observed not a word was said by anyone just an erie silence but everyone looked up to the mount smiling as if they were going to heaven, that is when the fear came in it was obvious the people to the left were going to burn and they did'nt even know it.
Then all of a sudden without anything being said the people on the right started to ascend into the white light and i looked at the people to the left and thier faces had changed to one of anger, bitterness, and shock then the glass on the left shattered and they disapaird onto the fire (strange i did not feel any heat at all) and i just hoped i was on the right side with the people i knew.

The funniest thing about this dream i knew i was dreaming but could not wake up of manipulate it in any way...

In the following week i had another dream were i was sitting at a party drinking a beer and having a good time, when i noticed candyman and another short fat black man with red eyes with lightining in them and a red suite with hat to finish now i knew i was dreaming and im not afraid of anything really apart from speaking in public, anywayit was my dream and i could vanquish them if need be.
But that did not happen, candyman took a bee from his mouth and held me by the neck and then held the bee centimetres from my neck and asked who is the most beatiful master,(i don't no why but i could not wake up or get away even though i was concious it was'nt real) the an overwhelming fear came over me that if the bee stung me i would not wake up almost as if i knew there was only one way out so i tried praying but nothing happened. he asked again bringing the bee closer and i said you are just to be free of hin, they both laughed and he said indeed i am. and thats when i believed it was lucifer i awoke in a cold sweat.

Needless to say i don't dream anymore at least i can't remember any i do have. but those two i will never forget ever, they are still as vivid today as they were 5 years ago.

If anyone has any ideas on the meanings please feel free to pehaps give some insights ?

And just so you know im not some fanatical christian i did'nt even go to church at the time and i don't now. But in reflection mabe i should and if so what church would be the right one..

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Those were very interesting visions you had reapear2, i've never seen the movie Candyman before, so i don't know what that looks like. As far as the church thing goes, it's definitely not for everyone. Church isn't something that people should go to because they feel they have to, they should do it only if they want to. Going to church does not make you a good person or any better off than anyone else. It's about how you live and love that matters. If you want to go to church, then it's perfectly good to do so, that's also the same if you don't want to.

Especially these days many churches are corrupt and hypocritical (not all), so be careful when choosing your church. As far as where you should go, i can not say, that is up to you to decide if you really want to. Just as long as you keep love in your heart, you will be fine.

By the way, I'm not christian (or any religion) so i don't go to church. We as a human race need to evolve beyond our religious fanaticism, as religions have caused many problems throughout history.

Just do what feels right to you.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reaper2

That was a profound vision that came to you through your dream. The Lord is a very seldom encountered figure in dreams as far as I can tell, so when anyone has such a dream I am quite intrigued. Those of you having such dreams are very fortunate if they come from God.

Your dream about Jesus is difficult to figure out in one respect -- the flying saucers. It seems genuine but as though some other "source" may have added (corrupted?) it in your mind.

The part with Jesus and the two groups of people, some ascending and others falling, seems as though the Lord is presenting to you the two choices that you have. It's as though He is saying to you...Here are the two choices you have. Now you must choose. There is no middle ground. It's up, or down." Actually, that is the choice we ALL face.

The other dream...the one about the devil is an attempt to intimidate you. Intimidation is one of the methods the devil uses to get people to do as he wants. Other methods of the evil one are temptations and lies. The black man in the red suit indicates evil and sin. Sin is described as scarlet in Holy Scripture. Black is the absence of the Light of God. As it says in the Bible, "The Light shined in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not."

The Lord gave you a choice. If you choose God you will ascend with the saints when the time comes. You must ask yourself which way you want to go. Keep in mind that I am no expert on dreams, but some elements of dreams do seem rather clear to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join