It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU v USA. IT'S WAR!!Trade war that is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A trade war looks likely after the WTO upheld a complaint by the EU when the steel tariffs set by the USA were found to be illegal.
The USA still mainains the contrary despite the ruling which means that the EU are set to introduce sanctions of their own.
Sanctions it seems are likely to be politically targetted.Florida Oranges appear top of the list.
Unusually the WTO have given the go ahead for sanctions.

The US decision to impose tariffs on steel imports broke global trade rules, the World Trade Organisation has said in a preliminary ruling.
The finding has been submitted for comment to both the US government and the EU with a final ruling expected next month, diplomats said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a very bold move by the EU. I dont think this is going to help improve relations much. I wonder what type of impact this will have on the US? I dont think that the US will take this standing down one bit. Could get ugly from here.

As 100's of thousands of jobs go offshores, watch and see how nothing is done about it. This is all by design. It's to break the US, financially. It's been happening for years. Watch this current administration do nothing about it and I ask you to remember the saying that actions speak louder than words.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think that it's good that the EU is coming together becuause it creates a political force in the world that can match the U.S. It's a healthy thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is a link to a local US paper that actually sums the whole thing up very well,better than the BBC story above.So if you want to know what the full story is go here.

www.bayarea.com...

top topics

join