It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese and the Paris syndrome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hi mates,
i have red something about the weird Paris sindrome. it looks that only japanese turists are affected by this phenomena.

some affected japaneses thinked they was atacked by microwaves, other ones belive they'r hotel room beeing bugged with microfones, other ones start to think they are old french kings...do this look normal to you?

it looks that only japanese people are affected by this, and the majority of the victims always seems to bealive they are a part of some kind of conspiracy.

what you people think abut this?, can any kind of remote brain control be behind this?!, coul realy be something related to the geographic location of paris (natural magnetites, etc), it is in fact very very weird.

Link to the original story:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's called culture shock and is a well-documented psychological phenomenon, and most if not all of us are subject to it in different manifestations and severities, and at different stages when traveling in or emigrating to a foreign country. The Japanese are perhaps more susceptible to it because their society is so rigid and defined. Also Asian nations tend to put the West up on a pedestal and have a fantastical view of what it's like, in particular in regards to Europe, so the shock is even greater when they discover the truth.

No mystery here.

[edit on 2006-10-28 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
It's called culture shock and is a well-documented psychological phenomenon, and most if not all of us are subject to it in different manifestations and severities, and at different stages when traveling in or emigrating to a foreign country. The Japanese are perhaps more susceptible to it because their society is so rigid and defined. Also Asian nations tend to put the West up on a pedestal and have a fantastical view of what it's like, in particular in regards to Europe, so the shock is even greater when they discover the truth.

No mystery here.
[edit on 2006-10-28 by wecomeinpeace]

I know what you are talking about. all of us could be affected by what you say in a way or another, with diferent degrees, but...what they are talking here is diferent! culture-shock produces many things, but don't make people start to act as they are in a X-Files plot, or thinking they are King Luis the 16th!
Any way if it was just what you say, why the japanese do not became affected also when in visit to holland, germany, Portugal,england, etc!? they are refering especificly to the "Paris" syndrome", not related at all with the culture-shock psychological phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While I believe in cultural shock that can be more severe for some than for others, it sounds like a bad advertisement for the French and one in favor of the Japaneses.

Could it be more than just cultural shock?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Could it be more than just cultural shock?

It must be more then that!. as i sayed before...why they do not get "nuts" when visiting London, Amsterdan, Lisbon, etc?!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
perhaps it's the French diet OR

the guy who believed he was Louis the 14th was the only nut case and the rest actually gets attacked with microwaves and their rooms are really bugged. i've heard stranger things, such as north korean agents hijacking a Japanese girl (au paire) in Denmark, so who knows.

new topics

top topics

join