It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool MiG 29 Upgrade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ever visualize a MiG-29 with canards?

Officially it's called the MiG-35, it's an even newer designed MiG-29 offshoot of the OVT. A few of the new changes- Engines moved back, sharpened wingtips (I always kind of liked the Fulcrum's curved wings), but most importantly, it's got canards! The images they've currently got are of the MiG-29 OVT, but there are conceptual drawings/comparisons on the right hand side.

Full Story

Personally I can't wait to see one of these in an airshow!

Side Note: There are new entries for the MiG 1.44 Flatpack, MiG LFI, and some other updates to other Mikoyan stuff. Poke around a bit.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's a nice painting.
The plane does look better with canards. Just wondering when the full-scale plane will be ready.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
from what i know this isnt very new its just been kinda secret or less known about, as a flight enthusiast in real life an on fs9 i tried a download version of that, which was pretty cool but i bet doesnt fly like the real one

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Here is Darkpr0 picture

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What a ugly canard on Mig-29! Eventhough you wnat a canard be fitted on MiG-29, it should not being like this.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
What a ugly canard on Mig-29!

MiG-29+Canards=Better.

Even if it is a tad ugly.
Personally, they could probably take a leaf from the Su-35's book, or even just get rid of the little bulge on the leading edge of the canards, but that's just IMHO.

join