It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new way to vote in this country!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
how about EVERYONE who has a valid social security number,
or better yet a drivers liscence, should be able to vote for anything in this country.

we'll set up a website called "i-vote"
you register with a user name,
and VERIFY it with a drivers liscense,, (hard copy) for proof of individual voters
kept on file in a cabinet (not online) for security

every issue will be listed, state by state, issue by issue EVERYONE VOTES, or,
you get kicked out...for a year

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-10-2006 by yeah right]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
and have a list/tally with your "user name" to verify you voted and for what
and a running tally at the bottom of the list,
so anyone at any time can see the totals

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
by using user names then you appear anonymous, (not worry about retaliation)
its gotta be more secure than (republican OWNED ) electronic voting machines
and NOT BIASED

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
by keeping your username visible on issues voted for,
you can immediately tell if it was compromised/hacked

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
by keeping your user-name visible on issues voted for,
you can immediately tell if it was compromised/hacked

While this certainly sounds good -- on the surface -- the principle or concept of a "secret ballot" goes right out the window. Secret ballots are essential to a democratic voting system. Without a secret ballot, everyone could clearly determine who you voted for. In a perfect world, this would probably be great but this could also be against the electorate. Those voting against a political "machine" could be punished or retaliated against in some way.

The secret ballot is essential to guarantee a free election. The voter needs to be able to vote his mind without any hint of coercion or fear from retribution.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
instead of voting for "bill 23f" (example)
you can read the entire bill right then and there.....

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it will be secret ballot

ONLY THE USER NAME WILL BE VISIBLE

just like you dont know my real name ,,
but you see my posts!!!

therefore,

protection against retaliation!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
it wouldnt matter if anyone could see your "user name"
or who your user name voted for

unless..........

your user name is your real name,,, then you'd better watch behind your back,,,,

with a user name (made up) voting,
you get to see in REAL TIME
who is leading/trailing........

you are STILL anonymous nobody knows WHO you are, or WHERE........

your driverliscense registration ,only,,
proves you are REAL, and NOT DEAD,
and will only let you vote once....

NONE of the crackpot ways to cheat the system,
with dead voters.....etc......

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thats a great idea and the leaders already thought about it. But the whole idea of real voting wont work with the elites. They like to choose presidents and pass laws without public consent. They wouldn't wanna lose that power. Unless american people revolt and force this upon the gov. But then, you will all end up in camps anyway.

No point discussing something like this unless you are actually working towards implementing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I would like to direct your attention to a post I made a long time ago on this very subject.

I hope you see why this may be a ways off. Some just don't understand the concept. I went into a bit more depth on this in a few other threads around the same timeframe, but the core concept is there. I hope you take the time to read through this, and give me some feedback. If you want/need anymore clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

TheBorg

P.S.

Oh, and by the way.

You have voted yeah right for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[Edited for spelling]

[edit on 29-10-2006 by TheBorg]

[edit on 29-10-2006 by TheBorg]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
do away with the crap of a time limit to register, overseas ballots,....etc.....
who can tell if any if not all of the soldiers ballots were LOST/COMPROMISED
on the way here
who can tell if they even voted
or if someone filled the ballots out FOR THEM

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
how about EVERYONE who has a valid social security number,
or better yet a drivers liscence, should be able to vote for anything in this country.

Are you trying to exclude illegal aliens from voting?
Illegals have valid driver's licenses and also have social security numbers that they are able to use.

we'll set up a website called "i-vote" you register with a user name,
and VERIFY it with a drivers liscense,, (hard copy) for proof of individual voters
kept on file in a cabinet (not online) for security

?
Wouldn't it be easier to go to your local voting booth and have them check your id to verify that you are on the voting records???

every issue will be listed, state by state, issue by issue EVERYONE VOTES, or,you get kicked out...for a year

THe general public are idiots, it'd be a very bad idea to have them directly voting on the issues.

you can read the entire bill right then and there

If a person can't be bothered to find out what the issues are before hand and get informed on them, why would they bother to read the bill 'right there'? If anything, that'd make it more difficult, because those presentations are in legalese.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How about giving people a questionaire (no religion questions!) about the values that mean the most to them, then after all these questions were answered it would be submitted as a vote, it would match as exact as possible to what values or position a party stands for and pick the candidate according to the issues, and not according to how talented (or how religious) a showman the candidate is.
An example I saw on TV a short time ago, about Southerners in the US who don't dare vote Democrat, just because they don't appaently want there guns taken away, it's BS scare tactics.
The Republicans are seen as sticking up for southern values, when they don't represent them at all, it's faulty perception.
If people voted for the issues pertenent to them (gleaned through questionaires), and not the candidates/party. You would see intelligent voting and not emotional brainwash type voting.
A lot of people just don't vote in an informed way.
Ideology, not issues.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
THe general public are idiots, it'd be a very bad idea to have them directly voting on the issues.

True, which is why we inform them as the issues arise on the pertinent points of these things, so they can make up their own minds. Not a difficult thing to do. If the people will believe anything, then they should believe that they can be duped rather easily, and should begin to think for themselves.. The fact that we sit here debating this means that at least some of us are getting the message, thank GOD for that.

If a person can't be bothered to find out what the issues are before hand and get informed on them, why would they bother to read the bill 'right there'? If anything, that'd make it more difficult, because those presentations are in legalese.

They should be informed on these things throughout the day. It should be like gossip is right now. No one likes to talk about politics because to most people, it sucks. To those that understand and care about the world in which they live, they see that there's some serious issues with the system the way it is now, and they want these issues to change.

The problem with just letting things stay the way they are is that you don't help the situation any; instead, you hinder it. And if the information cannot be toned down to common English, then it needs to be gotten rid of. The only reason that they write laws like that is so that the basic leyman has no idea what it is that they are trying to do, or to allow them to come back later and make drastic changes with the swipe of a pen.

The danger of not responding to such problems is a complacent society, much like we have now. The only way to fix it is to educate the People. Once the People are educated, they will be more empowered to actively pursue political agendas for the sake of the People at large, which will bring stabilization back to the system. It CAN be done. It's only fearful people that stand in the way of change.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
NOBODY registers as a republican or democrat, or liberal, whatever
that way you can actually choose what you want,
and NOT just whats available to your registered party!!!

best of all....................

NO lobbyists, NO representatives, NO congress, NO governors,
not even a president............NO CORRUPTION!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you aren't registered for a party, then you can't participate in its Primaries. I think alaska or hawaii has a 'freelove' primary in which anyone can vote, but for the most part, only registered republicans get to vote in the republican primary, and only registered democrats get to vote in the democratic primary.

Often, even if a person is, say a registered Conservative, or Liberal, they can't particpiate in the Republican or Democratic Primaries (but of course they can participate in their own Primaries).

NO lobbyists, NO representatives, NO congress, NO governors,
not even a president............NO CORRUPTION!!!!!!

There will still be lobbyists. All a lobbyist is is a person who advocates for a cause or group. There will, if anything be more lobbysists under your Direct Democracy system. As far as their being no corruption, there will still be corruption, you're still going to need people to actuall carry out the laws and policies, you'll still need something like an executive branch, and a judicial branch of course. And there will still be people cajoling and lying to the public in order to sway them one way or another. Today politicians do that over 'vote for me', in your system, they'll do it over 'vote for this policy'.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How about we just blow up the whole planet and everybody on it?

That'll solve all our problems.

Who's with me?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
NO LOST (or thrown out )BALLOTS, NO RECOUNTS, NO PROBLEMS

NO need for going door to door to get 100,000 signatures to get a bill to vote on...

anyone can post a bill, and EVERYONE can vote for it,,,

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How does this get rid of the voting problems and the issues with ballots??? It compounds them greatly. We can't even properly vote every couple of years, how can we possibly consistently accurately vote on thousands of items all the time??? And how can this computerized system be at all free from being manipulated??

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I see there is already a website called www.i-vote.com with voting links on it, do you happen to own it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join