It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

romans eaten by dinosaurs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i just heard something on the conspiracy news channel i get at my house and russian scientists found frozen dinosaurs deep beneath the earth and found human dna inside their stomachs with some armor that resembles what the romans wore in battle

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Patrick The Religious Man]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Romans were meticulas for documenting things, if this were a normal occurance I'm sure we would have heard about it in atleast myth

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes, the Romans were some of the most bureaucratic people ever creating almost as much paperwork as modern governments. If dinosaurs roamed around at the time, it would have been noted everywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
they were talking about that but as i watch the show again it said the dinosaurs must have only been around for only a short time looking for food or whatever

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think that we may need a link on this one, I can not seem to find anything that talks about this issue on the web.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This speculative theory is not paranormal.
So, I'm moving it to ATS Skunk Works.

Also, providing some link will help the discussion

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well the greeks had a lot of mythilogical creatures thats for sure, however i would chalk this one up to something like Yeti it might exhist it might not. To throw you a bone though the giant squid was once a mytholigical creature too, and we know there are tons of mythological creatures even today thought to exhist.

To add the Romans did search for all kinds of animals that would be useful in their gladitorial games. Perhaps whatever creature your speaking of didn't quite make it that far, btw do you have a name or any links about this creature?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know the show your talking about! Its one of those low funded local channels that have like all kinds of conspiracy, i saw the exact same show, and it said that they were dinosaur like creatures and the romans did record being attacked by some creatures with leatherskin and features but was put into mythology and the remains were found some 5 years ago and did have roman armor in their stomach and the remains had traits wich today we link to dinosaurs, kinda like nessy only on land

Edited for correctness

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Resident Skeptik]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here it is, im watching it again with dvr to help anyone, the romans recorded being attacked by a leatherskinned something, its said to be a relative of the dinos btw im watching this local channel, its very low funded

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So Nero fiddled while Rome was eaten by dinosaurs.....

Being a conspiricy theorist I always suspected that.

Finally we have some proof!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

I cant help but laugh at that

that was before rome fell, yet after their "prime"

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

YEP! i cant believe that channel came through with something i deeply care about

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Could you imagine being the romans though, they did put up a good fight, but lost, for there were a realitivily small amount of romans and a small amount of "dinos" but the romans, although being well disiplined, were shocked and awed by the dinos and cowered

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well it's interesting to note some of the creatures that did make it into mythology, particuarly dragons, sphinxes, manticores, and what not. Although I'm extremely skeptical of this, perhaps a descendant of the dinosaurs of sorts had been alive at the time but were driven to extinction. Supposedly Roman gladiator fights were what killed off the Mesopotamian Lion, so I suppose it's possible (abliet unlikely) that the Romans could've killed off a dinosaur descendant or something.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i just saw the show, and it seemed belivable. it was awesome, and gorey

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Well it's interesting to note some of the creatures that did make it into mythology, particuarly dragons, sphinxes, manticores, and what not. Although I'm extremely skeptical of this, perhaps a descendant of the dinosaurs of sorts had been alive at the time but were driven to extinction. Supposedly Roman gladiator fights were what killed off the Mesopotamian Lion, so I suppose it's possible (abliet unlikely) that the Romans could've killed off a dinosaur descendant or something.

this isnt about romans killing off a dinosaur decendant, it was a dinosaur like creature probably used in gladiator fights and a big ol group attacked

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well that sounds nice and interesting but I still will like a link to see for myself from where such theory is coming from.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
OK, were we watching the same show, the romans were attacked in the western countryside, not internally, unless ur talking about the gladiator conspiracy that was on before that, where all the animals got loose

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrick The Religious Man

it was a dinosaur like creature probably used in gladiator fights and a big ol group got free and attacked

But, how did the dino get frozen? Did it ran away after eating the romans and fled into the arctic or something? Where did they find this dino anyway?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So then what happened to these dinosaurs? If the Romans couldn't handle them then I doubt anybody left alive would've had the discipline to remove such a threat. Animals don't just collapse civilizations and then disappear. Although what has me curious is where on earth Russian scientists found these remains.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join