It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada plans to makes its own no fly list.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Link

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada announced plans on Friday to set up its own list of passengers considered too dangerous to fly on airliners, in parallel with a U.S. no-fly list set up after the attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

"We must remember that Canada is not immune to the threat of terrorism and we must remain vigilant," Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day said in announcing the draft regulations.

The government plans to set up a list for domestic flights in early 2007, which would be extended to international flights later in the year.

Currently, passengers flying to and from the United States are checked against the U.S. list. And airlines flying in and out of Canada were allowed to -- but not required to -- check the list if they were flying over U.S. airspace.

Let me get this straight...Canada? (Looks around) O yeah, I remember...Zawahiri's threat against Canada for joining America's invasion of Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's a link to the official "stuff" on "Passenger Protect" at Transport Canada and yes, there's a hole... those under the age of 12 travel "under the radar". This legislation is "fubsy" and there are a number of valid concerns for privacy and data sharing "false-positives".

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 27-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Stupid Harper. Harper is a douchebag and a Bush puppet, I just hope he get out of there soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I heard that the first two names on the list were Jean Chretien and Paul Martin
They should put every Liberal on that list as well!!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Let me get this straight...Canada? (Looks around) O yeah, I remember...Zawahiri's threat against Canada for joining America's invasion of Afghanistan.

yep Canada....

you might want to read this link,
in the last months Canada has been receiving more than usual threats

the latest threat has been attributed to a member of the al-Qaeda information and strategy committee..........................................?whaaa????
(AQ now has an officer in charge of press releases? and think-tanks??)

Title: "al Qaeda warns Canada" source

Hossam Abdul Raouf writes; 'They will either be forced to withdraw their forces or face an operation similar to New York, Madrid, London and their sisters, with the help of Allah'

revealed in the article, this message/threat was received back in July '06,
??why the delay??

+Plus, the translation was by some proprietary, for profit, terror investigative agency...who wants or has some govermental clients in ?Canada & the US??
[so i have my questions racing in my mind about the whole announcement]

well, anyhow, keep in mind that the old adage is 'bad-news comes in Three's'
& so far 2 threats are known against Canada in the recent weeks/months

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Do you know why? Because Harper is running on the same topic as Bush, FEAR. And it's not working with me!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Do you know why? Because Harper is running on the same topic as Bush, FEAR. And it's not working with me!

The Paul Martin Liberals did the same thing-they are the reason we are in Afghanistan,not Harper.Besides the Liberal government was responsible for the detainment without charge of middle eastern men.The conservatives haven't done that.The reason is this government believes in a fair justice system!!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The conservatives haven't done that.The reason is this government believes in a fair justice system!!

Yeah right. The ``terrorists`` in toronto... weren't terrorists. FEAR. This government doesn't believe in a fair justice system, sorry, the courts does, they are reversing some of the provision of the anti-terrorists bill... at least.

But Harper as decided to stay in Afghanistan, to spend much more in military , Harper was also in Bilderberg as was Paul Martin. I don't know if you think i'm a liberal and i'm against conservative or this kind of crap, but no, i don't believe there's a paradigm between liberal and conservative, they are all working with the corporations. At least, Harper is in minority, and i hope that liberals will be in minority too, if they get elected.

And for the terrorists bills, the conservatives would have pass the same thing if it was during their time. And Harper sended a letter to the Wall Street Journal in 2003 condamning the decision of Canada to not go in Iraq... so who's the ``worst``?

The Paul Martin Liberals did the same thing-they are the reason we are in Afghanistan,not Harper.Besides the Liberal government was responsible for the detainment without charge of middle eastern men.

I know, and i'm against them either.

The conservatives haven't done that.
detainment without charge? Yes they've done it, but some courts are against this shiat now.

And are you angry because I say the conservatives are as against the people as the conservatives?

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

join