It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get an Alien to laugh ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Since the dawn of man, we have constanlty needed to seek and fulfill our need for entertainment. As technology has advanced, so has our expectations. We bore easily. My question is " Do aliens have a form of entertainment ? " If so, what mediums ? I mean if a so called advanced civilization were that adpet, and technologically capable, what would they be doing to satisfy their entertainment thirst ? Or are they truly dull, or like a colony of ants ?

Do they have a sense of humor ? Do they try physical fusion of human abductees with Alpacas for s*** and giggles? Do they play pranks on each other like tying trash cans to their buddy's ship? I mean seriously.... the intergalactic version of leaveing a burning bag of doggie-dooks on the doorstep would indeed never get old.....in a million years !!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think Earth IS their entertainment.

What could be more fun than to pick a random human and fill their head with advanced knowledge that he cant actually comprehend, then violate the person anally, then send him screaming naked in the night.

Class.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
I think Earth IS their entertainment.

What could be more fun than to pick a random human and fill their head with advanced knowledge that he cant actually comprehend, then violate the person anally, then send him screaming naked in the night.

Class.

Seriously..sounds like a bunch of drunken interstellar fraternity boys spinnin the wheels on a Saturday night !!!

ATS people......Does this question not warrant discussion ? Have you never once wondered ? This IS a serious topic worth investigating....no love for the new guys (threads) huh ?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I kind of side with Hank. To an advanced race, I think observing humans n their 'normal' livelihoods should be amusement enough I would think.

Just as we laugh at the antics of cats chasing butterflies, a group of ants marching in formation over myriad obstacles, penguins sliding off of the ice into the sea, and so on, I believe it pretty much comes down to Aliens amusing themselves at our expense. You gotta admit - we sure do some stupid, laughable things on a regular basis.

On the other hand, I don't get the impression that aliens have much of a requirement for humor. They seem to be a pretty serious, or at least deadpan bunch.

My guess is they could whip any human in a game of poker.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I do not think this is a serious question WORTH investigating.......I mean come on....

Supposedly they have NO EMOTIONS so what good is entertainment?
WHY would we care anyway about the alien entertainment needs?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i dont think we can say for certain one way or the other so "supposedly" doesnt mean that it isn't possible. i think it is relevant to ask. if they exist wouldnt you hope that they have a culture or some resemblence to a human society?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Whatever they find as humorous or entertaining would be very culturally inciteful for us to learn about. However i can't begin to imagine what they would use as entertainment, Mankind uses a lot of struggle for entertainment because we struggle with things on a daily bases. Therefore you have drama, one could assume that an alien being that can travel to earth no longer has struggles in the same way we do so that might no longer be entertaining. My best guess would be learning and exploring as a favorite past time for an advanced race. I know i enjoy learning and if i had access to an interstellar vehicle that's probably what i would do all day. Go check things out and see whats going on around the universe.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The last time I got an alien to laugh I used the USS Enterprise.

I take it by laugh, youre actually referring to LAUGH, the fourth planet in the Orion system of planets.

The journey took like 10 hours, and to be honest aliens have absolutely no sense of humour so it was a long 10 hours.

Although I did have Maddox's The Alphabet of Manliness, and a bootleg copy of the new Borat movie on my laptop, which was nice.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The basic question to this, Do aliens have entertainment, do
they have humour, and what may they find humorous
is
actually an intersting and good question.

It's in my opinion that aliens probably have entertainment,
though it may be very different from ours.
I mean think about it, we watch TV and movies to be enter-
tained, what if Aliens don't have these things, simply because
they find there own lives enertaining enough.

If you want to make a Grey laugh though, I suggest using
this joke.
Q: What do you call a Human?
A: Anti-matter

The joke is, because humans don't matter, and anti means
opposite, we're the opposite of mattering, hence anti-matter.

[edit on 10/27/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I do not think this is a serious question WORTH investigating.......I mean come on....

Sorry River...but how can you be so sure "they" have not no emotions?!? the cosmos are huge, zillions of other types of life can be out there somewhere,,,they are all emotionless??, i desagree strogly!
See for your self...: We are here in this planet, we are live, we have emotions! for other life forms in other planets we will be also Extraterrestrials, don't you think that at the least this fact is a proof to deny that "emotionless theory", we are the best evidence! cya

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The joke, my friends, is (are) us. We provide all the humorous entertainment they could ever need. We probably also provide plenty of sad drama as well. Whether that might be considered entertainment or not is subjective speculation at this point.

And, since the OP asked specifically about laughter only, I submit the follies of humankind provide plenty of material for the Aliens's version of "The Tonight Show". Several lifetimes of material.

The only problem I have with this question is that, upon reflection, and in aggregate, humanity is not all that funny. Individual situation comedic instances abound perhaps, but our tendency for warfare, self-poisining, murder, gloabal annihalation, etc probably has a lot to do with the Aliens not laughing at all and always pictured/visualized with that serious, 'you-guys-are-pathetic' look on their faces. Oops - there I go again - sorry OP...

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
tell a joke? perhaps a funny one? just a thought.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My God.....so you're saying it's gotten so bad, that "Reality T.V." has crossed the plane of the universe to our E.T. COmmrades too ?......Do you think they have an alien version of "Punk'd".....LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have always wondered what happens to an Alien if he falls out of his spceship? Can he jet propel himself back on or does he just fall thru-out eternity lost in space indefinitely?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Sorry River...but how can you be so sure "they" have not no emotions?!? the cosmos are huge, zillions of other types of life can be out there somewhere,,,they are all emotionless??, i desagree strogly!
See for your self...: We are here in this planet, we are live, we have emotions! for other life forms in other planets we will be also Extraterrestrials, don't you think that at the least this fact is a proof to deny that "emotionless theory", we are the best evidence! cya

I agree with Umbra, and it's a very interesting question!

[edit on 2006/10/30 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
I have always wondered what happens to an Alien if he falls out of his spceship? Can he jet propel himself back on or does he just fall thru-out eternity lost in space indefinitely?

Ok, first question, how would it fall out of it's ship?

If it was anything like us, it would die within a few seconds of exposure
to the vaccuum of space and the hard radiation.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Of course they laugh. Everything has a humour.

IF we didn't have these serious acting morons in power the world could be a better place. When you get as advanced as advanced races, you can't help but not laugh. But that's just my opinon on that.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

abductee: "What's the difference between my 350 pound ex-cellmate, your hideously painful anal probe, and Bernard J. Shlotzy?"

ET: "what?"

abductee: "After meeting the first two my crack hurts so much I can't sit down for a week. But thanks to that fri@cking divorce attorney scumbag I'm getting screwed in the ass every day for the rest of my life!"

ET: "Earth Humor. Semantic error. That's not very funny."

abductee: "yeah, I know. But for some reason that bitch thinks it's hilarious."

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

When they say "take me to your leader", show them a picture of George Bush.

Seriously, this is an interesting question, one that I have not seen before. Unfortunately, I don't know any aliens, so I can't answer the question.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Funny, but true...

Here's something just about everyone should know: On July 2, 1947, witnesses claim a spaceship with four aliens aboard crashed on a sheep-and-cattle ranch outside Roswell, New Mexico. This is an incident, of course, that many say has been covered up by the government. However, you may not know that on March 31, 1948, exactly nine months after that day, Al Gore was born. Well now, that clears up a lot of things... !

Coincidence? I think NOT!

[touche, Hal]

[edit on 10/30/2006 by Outrageo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join