It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craft over Washington DC (hypothetical)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You are watching T.V and the feed breaks in from a major media outlet that a large craft is hovering over Washington D.C. Nothing else has happened as of yet, just a craft has parked itself over the city and has been there for 15 minutes or so.

What would you do / how would you react?

I am not looking for a 'this scenario could never happen because.. blah blah blah' replies, I am looking for personal reactions to this, whether they would be fear, welcoming, questioning, spiritual, or whatever.

Thank you.

Mod Edit: misleading CAP title

[edit on 27-10-2006 by kinglizard]

Hank Edit: Come on! I -did- say hypothetical in the title.. it's not like I am saying "Proof Positive!" or something.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Call Will Smith and his squadron of Marine aviators. "Move Knights move!"

I live right across the Potomac. I'd hop in my car and get the heck out of dodge.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i would probably think, well the US has plenty of technology, if worst comes to worst they should be able to get rid of them if they have to. Will that do for an explanation?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I woild ask them to for my social security number.... That would be proof enough for me

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd sit back and watch the fireworks, hopefully, Langley would be over D.C. in minutes.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I say shoot it down while we still can...and let God sort it out.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would like to apologize to everyone for AA's comments. AA has issues with me because I can't blindly believe his claim of infinite information without proof. His thread here will be all the info you need on his sarcasm.

I wonder if the reaction would be different if it was flying over a different city, and not in your backyard, Baphomet?

@apex, I am not looking for any set answer,really. Just trying to gauge what the reaction would be.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
What would you do / how would you react?

- I'd not believe it at first. It would be hard to believe that it was finally happening!
- I'd think GOOD ... the truth is coming out.
- Then I'd think OH-NO ... these guys are much more powerful then any of us.
- Then I'd think GOOD ... they can straighten things out.
- Then I'd think OH-NO .. they probably want to enslave us or something bad.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Do you think that the United States is ready to deal with the possiblity of armed conflict with beings that could possibly be coming from light years away?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this will happen, eventually... if some really interesting sources are correct. though it might not be what it looks like.

anyway, my point is, whatever DO happen, and WHOEVER is responsible, to think and prepare how you´re gonna react beforehand could prove to be extremely beneficial.

some will freak, others not.

hopefully i´ll do my best and calm the "freakers"

that is, if im still around to witness this show.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would immediately fall to my knees and start praying for forgiveness. You can't be to careful; this might be the way the promised Messiah returns. Before Delta and WestPoint blow him/it/her away.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would sit back and OBSERVE with a smirk on my face.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'd wonder if the "men in black" (mj-12 anyone?) would pop up from somewhere, and take them out! but seriously, if they were just sat there for 15 mins or so, then they probably dont really want to wipe us out, because they would probably already have done it. unless they were really sadistic and were getting off on watching people panic before destroying us. i mean, really, what could we do? not a whole lot. i guess i'd probably loot, pillage and plunder, and have a jolly good time doing it, before we get zapped!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well I would thank God for America (whoever God is, he, she or it) and then watch it from the comfort of my living room in the UK

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

i would probably think, well the US has plenty of technology, if worst comes to worst they should be able to get rid of them if they have to. Will that do for an explanation?

Unlikely. They would react the way humans do to a mad beehive.... make a quick departure. Logic says if they wanted to exterminate us they could and would have already. So they either use us (like we use bees for honey) or just co-exist with us (without the usage part).

As for the original question... I would stay glued to my tv... watching in wonder. I mean it would be the biggest event of my life. Probably the biggest event in recorded human history.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think that the american forces would do what they usually do and start blowing things up. meanwhile i would sit back and wait for the prime ministers speech.

What if the boot was on the other foot and we discovered life out there and hovered over one of their cities. how would we react if we saw hundreds of non human beings gathering below? I would hope that neither scenarios would result in violence but being confronted with something from another world would be like a tiger coming across a human for the first time.. it can either attack or run!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Do you think that the United States is ready to deal with the possiblity of armed conflict with beings that could possibly be coming from light years away?

Hey HankMcoy sixpack....

Ya we are ready to deal with an advanced speicies that parks a parksship over our nations capital. Hummmm so you realy think they would park a ship over our nations capital if they where here to take us on. That thinking from da byhud....

They would take us apart from space before we knew what hit us....

AA

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda

Hey HankMcoy sixpack....

Ya we are ready to deal with an advanced speicies that parks a parksship over our nations capital. Hummmm so you realy think they would park a ship over our nations capital if they where here to take us on. That thinking from da byhud....

AA

I never made any type of claim about thinking they were here to 'take us on'. Nor any other claim in this thread about anything I actually think, myself. What I -am- doing is posting questions to see what others think based on their replies to my inital query.

My original post asked what someone would do.
My follow-up questions have been based on the replies suggesting a show of force.

My initial question had nothing to do with speculating the intentions of aliens and had everything to do with what someone would do in the face of the unknown in regards to the scenario I put into play.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Of course there could be another possibility here though. If the US really does have all the technology that people has claimed that they have, could it not be staged? I don't normally get the ideas of like, the NWO, but this idea could really let them get it started.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Alien Agenda

quote:

Hey HankMcoy sixpack....

AA

I never made any type of claim about thinking they were here to 'take us on'. Nor any other claim in this thread about anything I actually think, myself. What I -am- doing is posting questions to see what others think based on their replies to my inital query.

My original post asked what someone would do.
My follow-up questions have been based on the replies suggesting a show of force.

My initial question had nothing to do with speculating the intentions of aliens and had everything to do with what someone would do in the face of the unknown in regards to the scenario I put into play.

So i guess your post above and I qoute

[qoute]
[/qoute]

Has nothing to do with what you just wrote? and agian i qoute your own words....

[qoute]
I never made any type of claim about thinking they were here to 'take us on'.
[/qoute]

Ok I guess you never even wrote the thread....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join