It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney's Remarks Fuel Torture Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Did you not read his statement before lobbing this flaming turd at him? He stated clearly that Nixon was in office when he (the poster) was sent to Viet Nam and therefore NIXON is the one he feels was wrong for the impact in his (the poster's) life. He didn't say anything about Nixon being guilty because he was elected after Kennedy's bad decision.

Well he was incorrect in where he placed the blame for the disruption in his life.

No I was not incorrect on whom I placed the blame. I was there, were you?

There are many members here that were not even alive during the VietNam war. Statements such as his can very easily make some of those members think that Nixon started the war.

Well, if you want to be completely accurate, JFK didn't start the war either; he merely sent about 2 dozen military advisors to help the South Vietnamese army get their ducks in a row. It was Johnson, after Kennedy's assassination, that ramped up the war and started pouring more and more troops into the "war".
It's widely believed that if JFK had not been killed, he would have recalled whatever military personel there was in-country. Johnson is responsible for turning Viet Nam into a blood bath. Nixon is responsible for invading Cambodia and perpetuating a war that he knew could not be won, thus, it is he I blame for what I went through, because he could have ended it all, but didn't.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I wish President Bush would get off the drinking with the "good ole boys" binge and better manage his administration.

Maybe he should put a leash on Cheney.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Well, if you want to be completely accurate, JFK didn't start the war either; he merely sent about 2 dozen military advisors to help the South Vietnamese army get their ducks in a row. It was Johnson, after Kennedy's assassination, that ramped up the war and started pouring more and more troops into the "war".
It's widely believed that if JFK had not been killed, he would have recalled whatever military personel there was in-country. Johnson is responsible for turning Viet Nam into a blood bath. Nixon is responsible for invading Cambodia and perpetuating a war that he knew could not be won, thus, it is he I blame for what I went through, because he could have ended it all, but didn't.

You're right. JFK was a great man, fighting for his country, and wanted to fight the militaro-industrial complex, but they killed him to go in Vietnam, that war gave them at least 500 billions! Also, they were angry about the refusal of the Operation Northwood to attack Cuba and the lack of support for the Bay Of Pig operation. He was also fighting the FED, who is own by private interest, and he wanted to give it back to the american people. Also, the chief of the Warren comission on the assassination of JFK was Allen Dulles, the guy who hated JFK for his refusal of accepting the war plans about Vietnam and Cuba.

That's why Bush doesn't get killed, he doesn't go after the FED nor the militaro-industrial complex. If a president ever do this, he'll get killed. Anyway, it won't happen because the complex have the Diebold machines and the IRS to harass anyone who try to be a good president... This country have been hijacked.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Cheney is dangerous. Pure and simple. The man is Joseph Stalin incarnate. He does not care, and flat out says what he plans to do. He is someone that, the sooner he is on his way out, the better. He is one man we cannot afford to continue in any high position of power in the government. He views the current geo-political situation as the same as the 1950's cold war era. He's behind the times and is way too trigger happy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join