It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U Spam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am the sort that only visits the site once or twice every two weeks.

I only have space for 50 messages - the U2U spam removed a lot of the one from other members (48 over two weeks).

Kinda out of hand.

Send it to my email or something - or give me more space.

Now I gotta go delete these things.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You know, you can in fact buy more u2u storage.

I don't recall ever getting anywhere near fifty mass u2u's in a two week period.

If you're getting a lot of u2u's from members you can have them email you or you can pay for the "do not send" list though to be honest Simon just took my cash and then had Springer send me fifty u2u's saying thank you for signing up for the do not send mass u2u's list...which seemed to defeat the purpose.

My suggestion buy more message space or check in more often.

It could be worse, they could be trying to sell us some form of male enhancement product that will lower our mortgage rate...hey...note to self, send Springer new suggestion.

IMO of course

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What exactly made this worth posting about? Everybody gets SPAM, and as long as the internet exists you will still receive some from time to time.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Who is sending you the spam? Is it official ATS messages from the Admin? If not please u2u me the messages along with the senders member name.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow, I hardly ever get a u2u.

If you need more space you can stop by the ATS store and pay some points for more storage.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
What exactly made this worth posting about?

What in his post deserved a harsh response?

If a member is looking for assistance, either help or do not respond.

As Spiderj said, you can purchase a larger quota of u2u's.

Not sure what spam your receiving though. The only mass u2u's I recieve from admin are normally a week or two in between of one another. Rarely would I see more than 4 or 5 in a whole month. So 50 every week or two is off the charts.

Ed:
Anx!

[edit on 27-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The number of 50 that u see is your quota for being able to send messages out. If you do not send any mail and only recieve mail, that number will stay the same. Its only when you reply to a U2U that the number will decrease.

Pie

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've never had a problem with so much spam that it exceeds the limit, but it is annoying having to delete the mass u2us all the time. I'm not interested in some new podcast for instance... is there a way to disable those messages?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You have 155 total U2U's. Your quota is 150.

I get that and am able to send and receive U2U's as much as I want.
Most of the U2U's I have are from members or system/admin messages.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The number of 50 that u see is your quota for being able to send messages out. If you do not send any mail and only recieve mail, that number will stay the same. Its only when you reply to a U2U that the number will decrease.

Pie

I did not know that!!!

Learn something new every day..

Thanks Pie.

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I did not know that!!!

Learn something new every day..

Thanks Pie.

Semper

Dont thank me.I was wrong. LOL I just went into my mail and I didn't realize I had old messages and dleted a bunch of them. The number didn't change but I refreshed the screen and the number changed. I guess I always assumed after I sent a message when I got a reply back that the number increased that I was using a quota to write messages instead of the messages stored. DUH

Pie

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever received anything that I would call spam.
I've gotten u2us from the Admins, but they were always legit, and hardly spam. Odd.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
DARN...

Oh well

Semper

new topics

top topics

join