It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Revolutionary' Underwater Breathing Device Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the coolest inventions I have seen in a long time.
This new breathing devise weighs about 5 lbs and can supply 55 to 60 minutes of
positive airflow.

I'm sure the military has already made use of this technology, but imagine all the civillian applications. Firefighting, Rescue & Recovery, Diving....ect.

Here is the link where I found this:
www.underwatertimes.com...

Once you click on the link you will have to scroll down to see the article.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They have a 80 MB demonstration video that seems to contradict some of the things in the article. Perhaps the video is of a different version.

The video is about the Model B EBDB, and says it's good for 30-35 breathes, or 2.4 - 4.0 min under stress. It doesn't seem like a recreational diver's main air source, just an emergency backup.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I didn't even notice the video before. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think the original version was the one shown in the video. From what little information I have been able to gather, the original version measuring only 10 inches long, 3 inches wide and weighing only 3 pounds, the original Neptune EBD1 supplied 4 to 8 minutes of positive, 2-stage regulated airflow depending on stress level.
It looks like they may heve redesigned to extend its capabilities.

I found this:

Homeland Security Group International, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: HMSG) announced this week that its newest product, Neptune EBD1 has been re-designed to extend the breathing time to fifty-five minutes. The new breathing device measures approximately 13 inches long, 4 1/2 inches wide with a weight of just less than five (5) pounds. The new version, which has not been officially named, will supply 55 to 60 minutes of positive, 2-stage regulated airflow depending on stress level.

Like its predecessor, the Neptune EBD1, this new device utilizes factory-sealed air cylinders making it immediately ready for use even after prolonged storage.

Here is the link: www.divenews.com...

So the specs seem a little different. Still I think someone would have to breath very slow & shallow to make it to 55 min on those cylinders. I'd love to get my hands on one and try it out on the bottom of my pool.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Looks like you hit the nail on the head. The video must be covering the older version of the device.

Enjoy exploring the depths of your pool.

new topics

top topics

join