It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we stop the insanity???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear
As a relatively new member, I come seeking understanding and knowledge.

It's a hard work to find knowledge and ATS is not a simple place for this. I would call it an advanced 'information playground'.
You should really not expect it to find it the 'lazzy' way. True knowledge you only can earn through personel experience.
Everything else is not YOUR knowledge but knowledge you accepted as true of others.
You trust them, but indeed all you think you know for sure that you not confirmed by yourself is questionable and if you check in deep you will see all knowledge ends on an for you unknown base.

When I see threads that begin with "earth shattering pictures" or "I'm a hybrid", my natural curiousity leads to that fateful click and ends with me shaking my head.

Certainly with this you are not alone. But then what? Simple laugh about it (for yourself not in the thread) close it and go on to the next.
Everyone here does this. When you know after reading 1 or 2 posts it is rubbish then why bother with it?

Just keep in mind that something that is clearly rubbish for you is possibly not such rubbish for others and the the other way.
You can judge for you what is rubbish but not for others, they are seeking knowledge as you do and have a different basis.

Eventually, these threads end up in a free for all, with insults and accusations. They basically add nothing to the enjoyment and enlightenment that ATS is founded on.

They are free for all. But for insulting and accusations there are rules and moderators that take care off. I know a lot lot worse boards than this.
You should stick your nose into an unmoderated for once. You would turn crazzy there I tell you.

It is one thing to share experiences or discuss topics and theories that have "meat", but I have grown tired of the attention seekers who have bogus and insane claims that have no merit.

No one likes attention seekers and they are a problem. But you shouldn't judge someone as an attention seeker before you know it for sure.
And don't forget your judgement is not equal the judgement of others.
I never judge someone as an attation seeker before he or she postet enough 'information' for me an other ATS members to know it. Attention seeker usually do not live long on ATS.

How do we stop the insanity?

Things that make me shake my head:
1. blurry photos that are "proof positive"
2. poster claiming to be aliens or hybrids
3. Anything to do with scientology
4. Pictures of famous people with "lizard" eyes

(Please feel free to add)

I could add a lot more 'insane' threads
-> How is about 'Can we stop the insanity?'
(just jokeing, but I really see no point in this thread except that you make yourself some fresh air. I know that. Sometimes I really also had liked to start such a thread, but it's pointless and contra productive)

Example: Not to step on your's or John Lear's feet but I personel would add to your list some of his threads too. He tells you a lot and many things have no meat and is by all I know totally wrong. (keyword: soulcatcher on moon)

But shall I know label it insane and request ATS to do something against him?
You see different persons different opinion. And we all can err at the end.

I made my opinion about his soulcatcher and it's mine personel and doesnt have to fit with others. I simple leave out threads I do not agree with and have no problem with that. If you do the same you soon learn to enjoy this board!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Things that make me shake my head:
1. blurry photos that are "proof positive"
2. poster claiming to be aliens or hybrids
3. Anything to do with scientology
4. Pictures of famous people with "lizard" eyes

(Please feel free to add)

How about buildings left by super advanced civilisations, milleniums ago, which can now be found in obscure rock shapes on the Moon and Mars?
Of course there are the mile upon mile high structures which are still there, and used as martian pit-stops on this side of the worm-hole. But you just try and get a piccy of these 'gargantuos' gravity free hotels!

Not on your nelly mate!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

The only way the insanity in all its forms in this world will stop, is when all people meet the aliens and understand who and what they are. Until then there will be people living in delusion creating havoc and chaos in this world.

Humans have always fought over which god is the real god. And now we're fighting over which aliens are the real aliens or who is lying and who ain't. It won't end until we finally meet our makers and clear up the whole mystery.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You have voted Eyesofbear for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I agree very much with you Eyesofbear!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b
Example: Not to step on your's or John Lear's feet but I personel would add to your list some of his threads too. He tells you a lot and many things have no meat and is by all I know totally wrong. (keyword: soulcatcher on moon)

Again, let me clarify something. John Lear does make some pretty wild claims, but he prefaces those claims with these are my beliefs and I have no proof. I also believe he has more proof than he is willing to share (for personal reasons). I will agree that there are claims that I have trouble getting my mind around, so I ignore those and go on. Not once has he said "I have the smoking gun!" or "This is the Disclosure everyone is seeking". Mr. Lear has helped me in my search by leading me to someone who had information for my personal search and understanding.

Again, not everyone shares their experiences on ATS because they have no solid proof and frankly, do NOT want to deal with all the rhetoric that comes with claims that cannot be substantiated.

I think this thread has ran it's course. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the mods shut it down. I did not want this to become an problem (example: Jaguarmike).

Thanks for all the replies, it does help to know others have similar thoughts!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
Humans have always fought over which god is the real god. And now we're fighting over which aliens are the real aliens or who is lying and who ain't. It won't end until we finally meet our makers and clear up the whole mystery.
[edit on 28-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

I agree with you. There are so many theories on what they are here for and which type is here. Someone is going to be wrong and someone will be right. In the meantime, less fuzzy balloon and bird pictures and 15 year old kids who just happen to be members of the star nation (or a hybrid) would keep the sighs at a minimum.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
[Eyesofbear:

You really make me mad. What do you expect? LIFE-THREATENING proof? CAREER-RUINING proof? Who says you deserve it? You want to see a picture of a hybrid and watch them "morph" in front of you? Do you want to be targeted as a threat to national security of any country because you now posses way too much information that if used badly would hurt a cause? These are real possibilities.

What have you done to deserve this "alien information". You're just a cow in the eyes of such a being. You can keep searching until something matches your speculations and life-experience. Be my guest, pal. There should be no respect given to an individual who is giving off a vibe that would have been mildly acceptable years ago. You make me sick.
[edit on 27-10-2006 by jaguarmike]

Clearly, you are not reading what is written or your understanding is warped. Who said I deserve proof? Who said that is what i'm seeking? I'm seeking understanding, not bogus posters who post "earth shattering" pictures that turn out to be silver balloons twisting in the wind or posters who come here making wild claims about who they are or their experiences. Again, I don't worry about people with opinions, it is often entertaining.

If I make you sick, that isn't going to make me lose sleep. Enjoy the rest of your day.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Eyesofbear]

Read my whole post and then comment. As for your snide remark about contacting mommy... contact her, she's dead. As for the lawsuit threat, I have a career.

You types are all the same. I don't expect you to lose sleep over pissing me off, you act like that's my intention. Scum doesn't think- never has, never will. You are just waiting until something fits your predetermined mindset and own speculations. You can't jump out of your own box, and poo-poo everything else that doesn't fit for you.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by jaguarmike]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I would be willing to bet a thousand cash that the main reason you posted this thread is because you read my biggest thread. That thread in itself is a cancer, and is extremely upsetting-

You could not possibly be that self indulgent that you actually believe the "main reason" I posted this is because of one of your threads? Do you require an address to send my thousand dollars in cash? Never put anything in print you are not willing to back up. Now there are hundreds of witnesses that you owe me "thousand cash". Let me know how you will be sending me the money.

Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I would be willing to bet a thousand cash that the main reason you posted this thread is because you read my biggest thread. That thread in itself is a cancer, and is extremely upsetting-

You could not possibly be that self indulgent that you actually believe the "main reason" I posted this is because of one of your threads? Do you require an address to send my thousand dollars in cash? Never put anything in print you are not willing to back up. Now there are hundreds of witnesses that you owe me "thousand cash". Let me know how you will be sending me the money.

Have a great day!

Actually yes I do. You highlighted "Scientology" which was something I talked a lot about in how great it was. Sure mate give me your paypal address.

[Mod Edit: Please take a moment to read the T&C's especially to note section 2 - Jak]

[edit on 28/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Jaguarmike,
I'll stop this nonsense now. Again, your reply was off-topic to begin with. I read your entire post (unlike you). I apologize for the comment about your mother. Enough of the rhetoric, this is what I want to avoid. The last thing on my mind is to have a war of words on an internet thread. This is juvenile. Just let me know how you plan to send the thousand in cash and drop all the remaining nonsense. There are truly more important topics and posters that require my reading.

Have a great weekend.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There are more threads regarding scientology on this site than I can shake a stick at. I don't use paypal. I can certainly provide you with an address to mail it to.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by Eyesofbear]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Jaguarmike,
I'll stop this nonsense now. Again, your reply was off-topic to begin with. I read your entire post (unlike you). I apologize for the comment about your mother. Enough of the rhetoric, this is what I want to avoid. The last thing on my mind is to have a war of words on an internet thread. This is juvenile. Just let me know how you plan to send the thousand in cash and drop all the remaining nonsense. There are truly more important topics and posters that require my reading.

Have a great weekend.

You thought I was serious about giving you money? You poor guy. And when I say poor, I mean it in the "has no money" way, not as in you deserve compassion or anything. I think i'll leave out the part where I was going to call you retarded, I think that's a little overboard, don't you think? I don't care about your apology, you're just some random cow grazing in the field to me. Juvenile? I'll give you that. No one here needs to read what you have to say- you're full of bs because you can't accept truth. Truly more important topics? Yes, so never come back to ATS and the members here can get back to working on disclosure.

Have a horrible weekend don't drink too much before you drive- or overdose on your medications ok? I really care about you, and don't beat your wife ok?

People like you are what ATS needs to avoid. "Blurry Pictures" So you're calling Zorgon an idiot basically? Critizicing John Lear, the most respectable member on ATS? Calling Scientology out? Saying hybrids are false- how about you read all about David Icke and Credo Mutwa, and ask yourself how dangerous it is to even speak about it on here. The lizard eyes thread was stupid, but people make mistakes- and the original poster was offering it up as a possibility, not a certainty.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You thought I was serious about giving you money?

Hmmm, so what you are saying is you posted false and misleading statements? Isn't that against the policies of ATS? Clearly, you are very wise, knowing that when you put something in black and white, it serves as a record? Of course, if you were just mouthing off and don't have the money, I understand completely! I just want to point out that it makes you look very bad in the eyes of those who read this thread and realize you are not a man of your word.

Why resort to insults? That is a true sign you have not only lost a debate, but cannot accept you lost. It is also a sign of immaturity.

Again, I'll note this for the Mods and have a great day!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You thought I was serious about giving you money?

Hmmm, so what you are saying is you posted false and misleading statements? Isn't that against the policies of ATS? Clearly, you are very wise, knowing that when you put something in black and white, it serves as a record? Of course, if you were just mouthing off and don't have the money, I understand completely! I just want to point out that it makes you look very bad in the eyes of those who read this thread and realize you are not a man of your word.

Why resort to insults? That is a true sign you have not only lost a debate, but cannot accept you lost. It is also a sign of immaturity.

Again, I'll note this for the Mods and have a great day!

False and misleading statements? You won't win this. As a matter of fact, you come into the category of Trolling. Coming into a forum, putting so much down, starting a battle you can't win, and general suppression. You even criticize John Lear and Zorgon. You are a drama event lol, I think ATS should go to alert Orange at this point!

JAK

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ok, time to stop the personal comments and address the topic or leave it to those who are interested in doing so.

Jak

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Critizicing John Lear, the most respectable member on ATS? Calling Scientology out? Saying hybrids are false- how about you read all about David Icke and Credo Mutwa, and ask yourself how dangerous it is to even speak about it on here. The lizard eyes thread was stupid, but people make mistakes- and the original poster was offering it up as a possibility, not a certainty.

This TRULY shows you do not read before responding. Please re-read the thread. John Lear is talked about on this thread, but obviously you did not read before responding. I did not call hybrids false, I spoke of posters claiming to be hybrids. As far as lizard eyes, I think you need to read the tag, which did not present it as a possibility, but fact.

In your haste to respond and post, you clearly missed the topic as well as what was said previously. I would respectively ask you to stop making false statements and claims and read before responding.

Have a great day

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Jak,
I did not want this thread to be this big or end up with members arguing. I apologize. Maybe this thread has ran it's course?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Critizicing John Lear, the most respectable member on ATS? Calling Scientology out? Saying hybrids are false- how about you read all about David Icke and Credo Mutwa, and ask yourself how dangerous it is to even speak about it on here. The lizard eyes thread was stupid, but people make mistakes- and the original poster was offering it up as a possibility, not a certainty.

This TRULY shows you do not read before responding. Please re-read the thread. John Lear is talked about on this thread, but obviously you did not read before responding. I did not call hybrids false, I spoke of posters claiming to be hybrids. As far as lizard eyes, I think you need to read the tag, which did not present it as a possibility, but fact.

In your haste to respond and post, you clearly missed the topic as well as what was said previously. I would respectively ask you to stop making false statements and claims and read before responding.

Have a great day

Final Statement, this thread needs to be closed immediately:

I have made no false claims nor have I made false statements. The only mistake on this thread I made was saying "I hope you get run over by a car this weekend" and was the reason I was given a warn. I missed no topic whatsoever. Have a great weekend, and be safe!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This thread should be locked, it has turned into a war between people personaly.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
...Or at least talk them into arguing in ATS Chat so it doesn't clutter up a thread with permanent text...

Still, I see a bit of irony that, in a thread that asks about stopping insanity, it took Mod Warnings (maybe eventually even a Ban) to stop such highly emotional ranting & raving...
Maybe jaguarmike should look at this thread.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join