It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Footprints Found in Mexico Valley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A trail of 13 fossilized footprints which were made by "hunter gatherers" and that are possibly as old as 10,000 and 15,000 years old were found in Mexico's Coahuila valley of Cuatro Cienegas, (about 190 miles from Eagle Pass, Texas).

www.livescience.com
The Cuatro Cienegas footprints were discovered in May embedded in a white rock called travertine, it said in the news release.

Each footprint is 10 inches (27 cm) long and under an inch (2 cm) deep. They spread over a distance of 30 feet (10 meters).

It is likely they were imprinted in mud and preserved by some rapid change in the environment, said Arturo Gonzalez, director of the Desert Museum, in the Coahuila state capital of Saltillo.

“There must have been a natural phenomenon to rapidly cover them so they were not rubbed out and were perfectly preserved,'' Gonzalez said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find this quite thrilling as before this discovery the oldest discovered footprints (in the Western hemisphere) are in Chile and believed to be 13,000 years old. So these may pre-date the Chilean footprints. Of course the oldest footprints were the African foot marks in Tanzania believed to be 3.5 million years old.

Related News Links:
www.physorg.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
When Did Man Come to the Americas?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hmmm, Rapid change in the environment. Vely intalesting.... Do you think they had SUV's back then or Nukes maybe?

But seriously, this is a great find, it always puts things in better perspective for me when they find human traces from thousands of years ago. Reminds me how short life is and too enjoy it to the full!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good find and Fascinating...

I love reading this stuff and I'm taking a trip out West next year. Might be a great time to go look.

If I do, I'll bring some pics back.

Semper

new topics

join