It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Black Program" Phone Calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
First post!

Okay, so my dad has been working for boeing for 20 years or so, and recently i've been getting phone calls from people asking to speak to my dad, but then they hang up when i tell them he isn't home. One day my dad came home and told me about a conversation he had on the phone that day, when this guy asked if my dad would be a refrence for someone my dad didn't know, and then the guy started asking about "the black program they worked on together". My dad told me that if I ever get calls from people asking about that, that i should just hang up the phone...he also said that he's been told about this before at work, like it's something that happens all the time. Should I think it's weird that people know our phone number this easily?

Yes, I understand what a black program is, though I have no clue what exactly my dad worked on. I'm just freaked out that other people call our house to ask about something that is supposebly "top secret".

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's called cold calling. If your Dad works for Boeing, then he probably has business cards. If your home number is listed in the phone directory, then it is easy for a foreign intelligence service to track him down. Especially if his business card has him working at something like "Special Research Projects" for example (I made that up of course. Hope he doesn't actually work there otherwise how paranoid are you going to be!
). The other way they get names and numbers is when internal company phone directories get thrown out (dumpster diving, the unglamourous side of spy life...), or if an employee has a relationship with a foreign agent. The Employee might be totally unaware who the agent is, and passed the list on with the best intentions in mind.

As for the calls, I wouldn't sweat it. Real world Human Intelligence (HUMINT) isn't like in James Bond movies. Most cold callers give up when they realise that they aren't going to get anything out of the target. It is a low percentage play, but if it pays off, then the effort is worth it. Probably just a guy who has been threatened with a return to their own crappy country unless they meet their reporting quotas. Again, don't sweat it, listen to what your Dad says, and the phone calls will likely stop. If it worries you, speak to your Dad about it. He is probably reporting it anyway.

Hope this helps!

Edit: because I forgot to congratulate you on the first post, and welcome you to ATS!

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Willard856]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My mother had similar experiences when she was young with my grandfather who was an Air Force liason to one of the big companies like Boeing. Nothing bad occured because of it, at worst it's exactly what Willard said.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeverybodywakeup
One day my dad came home and told me about a conversation he had on the phone that day, when this guy asked if my dad would be a refrence for someone my dad didn't know, and then the guy started asking about "the black program they worked on together".

would you give a reference to a person you did not even know - because a " mutual friend " , who BTW was incabable of maintaining security for the duration of a single phone call ??

that has got to be the dumbest ` cover story ` for an attempt to gain info i have ever heard

and yes i have listened in to some pretty dumb ones .

[edit ] - oh BTW - welcome to ATS

[edit on 1-11-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Dumbest one I've heard is the "I need a pen pal so I can learn English". Uh huh...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It does sound like there is somebody who is attempting to squeeze your dad for information that they are not supposed to know.

So, like, did they like have a Russian or a Chinese accent? Ziiis is Borees. Your wather, he home here today?

OK, more seriously, if that's the case, shouldn't you or pop tell the FBI?
(I assumed it was US as you mentioned Boeing)

new topics

top topics

join