It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will be with a Freemason Member on a trip for a week

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I love how some of you act as if I'm going to purposely get this person drunk lol. It's a guys trip so there will be drinking, thats all I was trying to say.

I was just trying to contribute to the forum and wondered if anyone had something they'd like to ask a freemason or anything. Sorry for trying to do some good.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86
I was just trying to contribute to the forum and wondered if anyone had something they'd like to ask a freemason or anything.

Ask him if the revolution will be televised.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The revolution will not be televised.

*cue funky flute solo*

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My english teacher is a Mason, he told us he was going to tell us all about it near the end of term some time soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not to sound ignorant. But oh my god. Where did all these societies come from. But since were talking about freemansons, where did they come from? Never in my life have i herd of such things (meeting halls, ceremonies etc.), expect maybe in a little something called a cult. But thats not what im getting at, another thing im suprised about if these freemansons are so integrated into society, why all the secracy. I understand if you ask one or whatever, but I've been from New york to the deep south and I've never met or even herd of such people. If thier just good guys overall that meet and chat, and that they don't have any specific function, then is'nt freemansonry just a clubhouse for adults?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The reason it is secret is because it started as a secret. Why would it be needed to keep secret in 1700s england is the question. Well I suppose the degrees,rituals, freethinking would be a problem with Church rule at the time.

The esoteric nature has been called heresy many times including present day. If masonry doesn't hold faith in dogma than this causes a problem with the church.

Deeper thought would be the tree of knowledge. The bible states don't eat from it or you become one like god. Yet the tree of knowledge exsists so once man kind has figured that out we may all live at peace just a tad bit more.

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
Not to sound ignorant. But oh my god. Where did all these societies come from. But since were talking about freemansons, where did they come from? Never in my life have i herd of such things (meeting halls, ceremonies etc.), expect maybe in a little something called a cult. But thats not what im getting at, another thing im suprised about if these freemansons are so integrated into society, why all the secracy. I understand if you ask one or whatever, but I've been from New york to the deep south and I've never met or even herd of such people. If thier just good guys overall that meet and chat, and that they don't have any specific function, then is'nt freemansonry just a clubhouse for adults?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Chances are you have met one... or even many, but most of them feel no need to anounce themselves.. oh one thing.. it's Freemason... not freemanson.

Chances are, unless your catholic or not of an ethno-european backround that you have a mason just a few generations back in your family.

that being cleared up.. many of these societies came from the masons.. some of them were formed by those that left the masons, some were formed by those envious of the masons, and some are sub-orders of the masons whos members maintain masonic membership.

As for the secrecy, as stated.. being a freethinking freemason meant that you belived in each persons right to live and be free from tyranny and oppression, not a popular concept with kings and bishops who ruled through tyranny and oppression.

As for the mention of the tree of knowledge, the proper name of the tree is "The tree of knowledge of good and evil". and it was said to make one like god because it gave one the understanding of both good and evil, and with it the right to choose between the two, and knowledge of good and evil, and the right to make the choice, is nessisary for free will

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

why all the secracy.

What secrecy?
Once again, all of the masonic beliefs are written about by Manly P.Hall, Churchward, and Pike. People in today's society honestly need to pick up a book and then maybe,just maybe, there wouldn't be so much "secrecy."

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What secrecy? Once again, all of the masonic beliefs are written about by Manly P.Hall, Churchward, and Pike. People in today's society honestly need to pick up a book and then maybe,just maybe, there wouldn't be so much "secrecy."

Aw c'mon SpeakerofTruth. Why would they bother doing real research, especially by actually going to the trouble of locating a BOOK, for goodness sake.

It's so much easier to perpetuate the the same ol' garbage by sitting at the computer and Googling-up the wild speculation and conjecture of others who've done no legitimate research themselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Appak, how correct you are, my friend. How correct you are.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Where did all these societies come from.

From private individuals getting together and having private meetings.
[quyote] But since were talking about freemansons, where did they come from?
Freemasonry starts off as a workman's guild, a labour union, from the middle ages. A guild of masons. They'd have secret passwords so that they could identify each other, and make sure that only guild members were privy to the mathematical and architectural 'secrets' (such as 'how to build a proper arch, how to sketch out an engrailed stain glass window, using the pythagorean theorem" etc etc). Along the way it developed into having its own folklore, a 'legendary' history that stretched way back into the events of the only book these people knew, the bible.
Then, around, I think, the 1700s, they started asking well known well educated members of the gentry to join them, as sort of like honourary members, such as Elias Ashmole. Once that you didnt' have to be a stone labourer to join, the organization really picked up in popularity. People used the old stories, and invented new ones, to come up with moralizing tales and sets of 'rites of passage' into new degrees. They progressed from Operative stone working masons, to Speculative, moralizing, philosophical Freemasons.

if these freemansons are so integrated into society, why all the secracy.

I think it really boils down to to two things. One is that it must be 'just plain fun' to have the secrecy and dramatic rites, etc etc. The other is that, masonry claims to be able to provide a way for good men to become even better men. Part of that involves picking yourself up, labouring hard, and attaining that knowledge and ability. If there was no secrecy, then 'just anyone' could 'get at that knowledge', but without having worked for it, it'll just be meaningless to them.

but I've been from New york to the deep south and I've never met or even herd of such people.

Simpyl put, you must not've been paying much attention. There are masonic lodges all over the place, and there are masonic charities everywhere.
The Shriners are assocaited with the Masons, have you heard of them, or the Shriners Hospitals?

any specific function, then is'nt freemansonry just a clubhouse for adults?

Bingo.

Infact, I think that they do a lot of bingo too.

Its just that, a clubhouse for adults. There are the masons, the shriners, and there are other non-masonic groups, the Knights of Columbus, the Knights of Pythias, The Oddfellows, The Elks Lodge, etc. These are all essentially the same kinds of things.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Darkstar. Unless this mason friend is also an international banker I doubt you'll get very much out of him. He sounds like all the rest of the masons who have no clue as to what is happening with North America since 9/11.

Here's what I've found in my experience. Go after the Masons involved in the banking system. You might find someone disallusioned enough to give you some info. Someone who's younger, just starting out and has a young family. I've heard some interesting things before through this channel.

Going after just regular masons from timbuktu doesn't really get you the info you want. You have to go after someone who has a little specialization. Regular masons have no clue about the higher authority.
[edit on 31-10-2006 by soundaddicted]
[edited vulgarity -nygdan]

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundaddicted
I've heard some interesting things before through this channel.

Such as what?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing everything up for me people, especially Nygdan. Now I understand, I guess it was the details of such societies, like ceremonies and such that threw me off. I honestly now know theres nothing wrong with such societies, and thier actually doing something good. Freemansons help make better men out of decent human beings? Hell... We need more of that around, imo. I'm guessing weather joining such a group would really come down to personal prefrences and perks. So to the author, nah its not worth questioning your friend, like many have stated: He would'nt know much, and secondly just let him be. If your curious about it, just ask your friend, I'm sure he'd explain everything in detail for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Nygdan. if this were before the military commissions act I would have gladly posted some info. But some of it includes specifics and I dare not do that now. CIA and NSA monitor websites such as this one.

All you really need to know is what is happening to the country is perfectly planned and there are economic concerns that have to be taken care of when you are transforming a democracy into a police state such as whats going on now.

It happens in increments and that has been happening.

I guess you can say it's like in the movie apollo 13 when they are re-entering. You know what I mean? When they had to power up their systems in the right order. One wrong move could mean a grave mistake.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by soundaddicted]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So to the author, nah its not worth questioning your friend, like many have stated: He would'nt know much, and secondly just let him be. If your curious about it, just ask your friend, I'm sure he'd explain everything in detail for you.

sympthons_WDF,

That's true of *most* Masons. Generally speaking if someone is interested and wants to ask questions, the vast majority of us are quite willing to answer anything we can, or help find the answers that we aren't sure about. Too many want to take the pointed nonsense that's being said about Freemasons at face value and assume they WON'T tell for fear of getting their throats slit by the super-secret, inner-circle "higher-ups." Just isn't so. Most of us who are active and dedicated to the Craft LOVE to talk about it. I suppose that's why so many of us are on this list since Masonry comes up again and again.

Just today I offered an expelled troll the opportunity to ask any questions he had and discuss Masonry like adult human beings, but alas he resorted to insulting me and my young daughter and filling my trash e-mail box with REAL trash. Those guys will never learn. Earnest seekers of truth will find it.

-JP

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Appak]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

CIA and NSA monitor websites such as this one.

soundaddicted,

Do you REALLY think so? If so the CIA and NSA sure are BORED. Maybe they should invest in cable-television.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

CIA and NSA monitor websites such as this one.
If so the CIA and NSA sure are BORED. Maybe they should invest in cable-television.

Sleep on this.

Did the CIA and NSA infiltrate the MASONS or did the MASONS infiltrate the CIA and NSA?

It's a chicken and the egg question.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Sleep on this.
Did the CIA and NSA infiltrate the MASONS or did the MASONS infiltrate the CIA and NSA?

It's a chicken and the egg question.

LOL! Well if any "infiltration" was done, it would simply HAVE to be on the part of the CIA and NSA since the Masons existed LONG before them.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is the trip over.

Did they go fishing, see aliens or ufos.

Where was the trip, Texas or Bohemian Grove or go to any

non secret meetings.

Got any pictures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join