It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Burials of Chinese Emperors Being Confused With Pyramids in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just saw the following link on the supposed pyramids of China, but after doing some research on them, and after remembering that emperors of the Han Dynasty in China were buried in square earth mounts with level tops, it appears that there are people confusing these burial mounts with pyramids.

Here is the site I saw about some of the supposed pyramids in China with pictures.
web.utanet.at...

And here is some information on what appears to be the real reason for the existance of at least some of those "pyramid mounts".

Tombs of emperors in the Han Dynasty were marked by earth mounds packed into square shapes with level tops. Tombs from that time are called fangshang for their square shapes.

The mausoleum contained bed-chambers, sitting halls and temples for the offering of sacrifices to gods or ancestors, and other structures and residences housing several thousand persons, such as those in charge of the tomb, mausoleum officials, entrance guards, tomb guards, gardeners and cleaners. At that time the regulation stipulated that "sacrificial offerings would be placed separately in bed chambers, temples and sitting halls every month, every day and even every hour."

Since the early Western Han Dynasty there had taken place a large-scale removal of merited personnel and high officials, their kith and kin and families to Changling to protect Emperor Wu Di's tomb. Changling County was set up in the north of the mausoleum.

The practice of setting up counties around the locations of imperial tombs was handed down for several dynasties, so that new and prosperous cities and "tomb" counties emerged one after the other, including Changling County of Emperor Gao Zu (Liu Bang). Anling County of Emperor Hui Di (Liu Yin, 194 BC-188 BC, Yangling County of Emperor Jing Di (Liu Qi, 156 BC-141 BC), Pingling County of Emperor Zao Di (Liu Foling, 86 BC-74 BC) and Emperor Wu Di (Liu Che, 140 BC-87 BC).

Therefore, the present city of Xianyang where the five tombs above-mentioned were built was originally called Wulingyuan (the garden complex of five tombs).

www.china.org.cn...

If you notice there are at least the 5 burial mounts around the city Xianyang which are refered in the first post as "pyramids", but they are in fact burial mounds, the rest appear to be the same, but i would have to research every one of them to find out if they are all "burial mounds".

It does appear that the poster of that first link i gave thinks the same might be true, because of the following statement in the website.

It can not be maintained longer, there might be no pyramids in China.!They have four sides and they are even square like the pyramids in Egypt and in Mexico. Its size can quite be matched with those of the Pharaons and of the Inca rulers.

web.utanet.at...

Anyways, thought that this was some interesting info.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yes, the so called Chinese pyramids, are dynastic tombs covered in Earth. However, nowadys any man made (or potentially man made) structure with a base that's larger than the top gets called a 'pyramid'. It makes it sound more mysterious, especially if there's actually no mystery surrounding the structrures at all but it's in a country not known for pyramid building

I'm actually surprised no-one noticed all the thousands of pyramids in England - ranging from ancient tumuli to modern churches .....

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I'm actually surprised no-one noticed all the thousands of pyramids in England

you better believe it

new topics

join