It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OJ, "If I Did It"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
OJ Simpson the former sports star and acquitted murder suspect, is writing what is tentatively labeled a "Hypothetical" treatise on "How I would have done it, if in fact I had." Referring of course to the murders of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.

www.eurweb.com
The National Enquirer has a detailed report about an upcoming book by O.J. Simpson that will lay out a “hypothetical” account of the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman. According to the tabloid, Simpson has been paid $3.5 million to write the book, tentatively titled “If I Did It.”

The first portion of the work reportedly details Simpson’s early relationship with Nicole, and how the marriage eventually collapsed. According to the Enquirer, the book goes on to describe the double murder in scenes described as “hypothetical.” However, the tabloid notes that the descriptions are “so detailed and so chillingly realistic” that readers are left with little doubt as to what really happened.

Due to double jeopardy laws, Simpson can never be retried for the murders, and the Enquirer claims that he plans to keep any money made from the book instead of paying it out in a civil suit judgment against him by spending it all quickly.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is audacity at the far extreme of what we as citizens of an established social structure should tolerate. Although the Double Jeopardy statute applies, one hopes the ability of the Brown's and the Goldman's to collect on the unpaid Civil judgment is aided by this manuscript.

No argument that the trial was troubled and without a doubt the State is to blame for the travesty of allowing a murderer to walk. However, certain norms accepted by society are soon to be violated by the release of this horrific parody of the events that transpired that day and led to the demise of two young lives.

Related News Links:
www.eurweb.com
www.crimelibrary.com
easydoesituniversity.com

[edit on 10/26/2006 by semperfortis]

[edit on 10/26/2006 by semperfortis]

[edit on 26-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I’m honestly dumbfounded…

We, as Americans, have no ethics or morals left when it comes to making a buck….Psychologists will no doubt enjoy picking the pieces of this puzzle apart.

It’s moments like these were laws can/should be bent to punish and rid our society of the scum that leaches from our weakened judicial system.

[edit on 10/27/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If I were Mr. Goldman, OJ wouldn't be around to even write this "book".

It shows how sick this man is. It'll be sicker if someone buys this crap. And I have to agree EOH that there are no morals left. I hate to say this but I bet the book ends up in the best seller list and we will be forced to listen to another round of month long discussions by the talking heads about OJ.

If the guy really is innocent and truly loved his wife he'd take the proceeds of the book and hire an investigator to find the real killer. But he's not and he doesn't so he won't.

He may have gotten away with it in this life but he'll eventually get his.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My wife had an interesting question that I was unsure how to respond to.

She asked if maybe we should all just buy the book in the hopes that the money eventually finds it's way to the Goldman's and the Brown's.

I am advocating the book never being in my house..

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is really sick, I hope no one buys the book.

I would think though that the families could go to court and get an order for any payment be made directly to them because of the civil judgment.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
isn't the National Enquirer a tabloid known for "stupid" stories and pics?

I wouldn't beleive it if I were you....

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
She asked if maybe we should all just buy the book in the hopes that the money eventually finds it's way to the Goldman's and the Brown's.

I would say if she feels compelled she should donate the money directly. I wouldn't want any of my money to go toward paying off his debt.

How is it that any money he makes will not automatically go toward paying off the civil suit?

Oh wait...If he was able to get off the first time...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have a friend who was in Miami a few years ago for a sports event. I guess OJ was there and was seen with a much younger woman. Apparently OJ was totally drunk and his date had to help him walk. At one point my friend said OJ broke away from the woman he was with and stumbled out into the street angrily talking trash and nonsense. The women quickly ran to his aid and helped OJ back to the sidewalk.

A class act huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Can't the Feds get him on something?

California can't do anything, but I know double jeopardy doesn't apply if both the state and federal governments go after you. Is there absolutely no federal charge that can be brought, even if he confesses now?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Is there absolutely no federal charge that can be brought, even if he confesses now?

Libel/Slander/Defamation of Character of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson, maybe? Can you sue for that if the victim is deceased?

No doubt lawyers will be combing through this book before it's put on the shelves though...IF it's put on the shelves (of which I have no doubts)

It wouldn't put OJ behind bars, but it would be something....

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
why oj why? remember the good ol' naked gun days? why couldnt it have stayed like that maaaaan?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Libel/Slander/Defamation of Character of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson, maybe? Can you sue for that if the victim is deceased?

No, you can't libel the dead. But there are so many federal laws, I'd think they'd be able to come up with something even though he didn't cross state lines in committing the crime. He did try to flee to presumably Mexico, maybe attempted international flight from prosecution or something???

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Remember this?

In the February 1998 issue of Esquire Magazine Simpson was quoted as saying, "Let's say I committed this crime… Even if I did this, it would have to have been because I loved her very much, right?"

Does anyone remember when he said that? It was pretty much all the proof I needed.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
isn't the National Enquirer a tabloid known for "stupid" stories and pics?

The National Enquirer used to be like Weekly World News, which is owned by the same company, American Media Inc (AMI). But that all changed in 1981, when Carol Burnett won a judgement against The Enquirer for a story they ran about her and Henry Kissinger.

I won't claim that The National Enquirer has the integrity of The New York Times, but...wait a second..., well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.

Though many see the Enquirer through the historical prisms of sensationalism and embellishment, there was a period of time during which it was recognized for occasional examples of thorough research and scoops; it was the Enquirer that uncovered, in 2001, that the Rev. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child. Salacious details of the Monica Lewinsky affair probably would have been left untouched by the mainstream press had the details not first been made public by the Enquirer.

The Enquirer was regarded as having — by a significant measure — the best media coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial, even by academics and news pundits.[citation needed]. For example, when a distinctive footprint from a Bruno Magli shoe was found at the crime scene, Simpson vehemently denied owning such a shoe. The Enquirer, however, dug up a photograph of him with just such a pair.

Wikipedia: The National Enquirer

[edit on 2006/10/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Can't the Feds get him on something?

California can't do anything, but I know double jeopardy doesn't apply if both the state and federal governments go after you. Is there absolutely no federal charge that can be brought, even if he confesses now?

Wouldn't he have committed perjury on the stand during the civil trial? I know he didn't take the stand in the criminal trial.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah,

I believe that they could get him on perjury.

Yet the penalties for that are minuscule. Usually not worth the cost of the prosecution.

I was thinking more along the lines of; If he was ever interviewed by a Federal Prosecutor and lied. The penalties for that are rather severe. Just ask Martha Stewart.

However if the book is composed on the premise of a hypothetical read, he probably could not be touched on the basis of the book anyway.

Semper

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Man this is infuriating!! (If its true ) Like some of the other posters I am of the opinion that the National enquirer is not the best source. However, if it is true then it is absolutley disgusting. No innocent man would write a book of this nature about the brutal murder of his wife. Im not suggesting that we should change double jeopardy laws, there is an obvious reason for thier existence but there has to be something that can be done!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
yeah but look at it this way, if they locked him up for purgery, he may meet some new "friends" in prison and may not come out. heh dahmer didnt even last a day in gen pop did he?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No caca!!! we all know he did it, a hypothetical

What cojones!!!

I hope all the money is forced to go to the civil suit. Every penney of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The National Enquirer has a detailed report about an upcoming book by O.J. Simpson that will lay out a “hypothetical” account of the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

When did the National Enquirer get status above Bat Boy?

the Enquirer claims that he plans to keep any money made from the book instead of paying it out in a civil suit judgment against him by spending it all quickly.

Sounds like BS to me. BTW, who is www.eurweb.com... ?

Notice OJ's pic there?

Looks "cracked out" to me.

How about another OJ pic?

Am I saying he didn't do it? Hell, no. I think he's guilty as hell BUT I'm not buying anything from the Enquirer. I'm not buying their spin, or their magazine.

Edit: To add, who's trying to sell what? I never thought I could think less of the Enquirer, I've got to get rid of absolutes. :shk:

[edit on 27-10-2006 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join