It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera-like light flashes experiences.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've had two extremely brief strange experiences within my house over the last two years. Nothing major, but still odd enough to be paranormal. At least from my life experiences they are.

The first was in December 2004 at night. I was walking up my stairs and I saw what appeared to be a camera-like flash of light come from the upstairs hallway. It was extremely brief, just as a flashbulb is on a camera and was of similar white-colored intensity. Nobody was upstairs or had any lights on at the time either. After I saw it I immediately went downstairs and grabbed a baseball bat in case of an intruder, but nothing came.

The last one of these events happened around September 25, 2006 at night. This time I was sitting downstairs in my house at the computer I am typing at now when another camera-like flash happened right next to my left side and around five feet off the ground. There is a low sitting lamp in the room, but it was not the source of this flash. The lamp is not at the right height or location to be where the flash came from.

In either case there was no noise or any other stimulus that I could sense other than these bright flashes. Both events made me very jumpy as I am quite concerned about intruders as most would be. Whether they be human or not.

I'm an agnostic and firm extraterrestrial visitation believer, so I'm more apt to think what I saw was related to something to do with extraterrestrials than anything else, but since I saw nothing other than the light flashes, I felt it best to leave this story here.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Frith]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
are you sure you're not getting a detached retina, flashing lights are a sign you know, you better get your eyes checked out

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't know. Do detached retina related problems look like light coming out of a hallway like a brief floodlight, or like a clearly visible location in 3D space right next to you?

The hallway incident happened as I was walking up some stairs and I saw the light flow out of the hallway ahead of me. I did not see the flash directly. Only indirectly as it hit the wall ahead.

Its not as if I was blinded during any of these events. I simply saw a light come from a specific location and the rest of the surrounding area was untouched by light.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Frith]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree with the other poster. Flashes of light are considered to be possible symptoms of a detached retina and you need to have it checked very soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I suppose I should have expected eye problem replies, but I'm sure this was not the case. I thought maybe somebody would attempt to explain this away as some sort of rare natural electric discharge or something.

The fact is that the first event didn't happen directly in front of me so it was not my eyes playing tricks on me. The second and most recent event I could see the left side of everything near the flash get a reflection off it. Myself, the computer, the chair were all illuminated by the flash on the left side and nowhere else. If somebody can show me an example of retinal damage creating an illusion which looks like this, I'd get my eyes checked, but I am 99.999% positive that what I saw was indeed paranormal.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hmm? i dont know what to tell you frith, maybe there is something paranormal going on in your house.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
~~

one possible explaination might be that the Dec '04 flash was from
the 1,000,000 candle light search beam, that the cops helicopters
sweep the area with in tracking perps or suspects

you probably didn't recognize the faint whump-whump the copter made
because you were in a survival mode & intensly focused on the unexpected
bright light that was 'invading' your otherwise tranquil sanctuary

the second incident, could have been a person on foot who was carrying
a spot-light, or even a practical joker who went around neighborhoods and
flashed a spotlight on a house as they cruised by...maybe hoping that the
news or radio would report that 'mysterious lights' have been reported in
the community by startled residents.....

put this one in the sophomoric pranks??? category

since you didn't report having queezy feelings or nausia or any dizziness
which usually accompanies any distortion of reality caused by a physical
problem (seizure, retina trauma, etc etc)
It sounds that the flashes you experienced were real time events but
your imagination & (our collectively) notoriously faulty 'eyewitness' accounts
are creating a mystique that isn't actually there.

~ hey, i'm just guessing....food-for-thought as it were~
Take Care

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I suppose I should have expected eye problem replies, but I'm sure this was not the case. I thought maybe somebody would attempt to explain this away as some sort of rare natural electric discharge or something.

I really wouldn't take the eye warning so lightly, but you seem resolved not get you eyes checked for something tht can potentially be a serious threat to your vision.

FYI, in the meantime, if at any point you suddenly experience a series of flashing and/or then the vision in your eye suddenly goes as if a shade is being pulled down, your retina is likely detaching and the only chance to correct it will be immediate action (eye surgery) if it's not already too late. So while you explore other avenues, do not ignore an acute incident if one occurs.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The fact is that the first event didn't happen directly in front of me so it was not my eyes playing tricks on me. The second and most recent event I could see the left side of everything near the flash get a reflection off it. Myself, the computer, the chair were all illuminated by the flash on the left side and nowhere else. If somebody can show me an example of retinal damage creating an illusion which looks like this, I'd get my eyes checked, but I am 99.999% positive that what I saw was indeed paranormal.

Wow. Instead of trying to eliminate possibilities one by one you decide to just sit around and wait for everyone to agree with a conclusion you've already come to. The person that can show you "an example of retinal damage" would be an optometrist. Get the mundane out of the way and then start looking into the paranormal. Why risk your eyesight just because you want your experience to be paranormal?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well, Frith, a quick visit to the optometrist will eliminate it as a possibility. Retinal detachments are very serious and can lead to permanent blindness. Its definitely possible that your experience was unrelated to such an injury, but given that retinal detachments are fairly common, you need to have an optometrist-certified, 100%-sure medical diagnosis before discarding a serious health threat as a possibility.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My husband and I have seen strange flashes of light in our spare room. Now it is either something very odd indeed, or we both have detached retinas.

It doesn't happen all the time. It seems to come out of the wall.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Now 2 people seeing flashes in the exact same place, that I think would go beyond retinal concerns. That one is odd.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hi Frith

Your post is intersting because i have experenced that too. I was at my friends house a year or so back and we were sitting at the table near the patio doors. It was dark outside. We both saw a flash like fom a camera(duration, colour and intensity) through the patio doors. There was no1 in the garden and it was at low level so wasn't lightening. I didn't think much of it at the time but as you have brought it up, it makes me wonder what it could have been!

Definitely not an eye problem in my case with 2 witnesses so it's possible that what you saw was really there...

EDIT: Neither of us saw the flash directly as we were sitting side on to the windows facing eachother.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have had the "flash experience" too, to such an extent that I have been looking on the internet whether others have experienced the flashes. It happened with me in my bedroom multiple times, my girlfriend has experienced the flashes too.

They all happened with me when I am in bed, mostly a few minutes after I am trying to sleep. It starts with a "tick" somewhere, and then suddenly a burst of the brightest flash I have ever experienced; just pure, and pure white (whiter that the whitest paper I have ever seen)- even a camera flash is not that bright compared to these flashes. Everytime that happened it scared me, and I immediately opened my eyes looking what the hell had happened.

Of course I tried to rationalize the flashes, however I cannot find an explanation. It was not something personal I believe, as my girlfriend has witnessed the flashes too (she got awoken with her experience). If I recall it corectly, most of the flashes occur when we are alone, that is if I or only my girlfriend is sleeping in the room.

It scared me so much that I have slept for three months with the lights on.

Paranoid Duck

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Paranoid Duck]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
It doesn't happen all the time. It seems to come out of the wall.

"Funny" you mentioned that. In my experiences described above, the "tick" I heared before the flashes did seem to "emerge" near the wall or the ceiling.

The flashes haven't occured anymore with me for approximately two years (after sleeping 3 months with the lights on). I think I must be grateful for that, because they really had scared me.

Paranoid Duck

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Paranoid Duck]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I too have expereince this multiple times, however I have always put it down to an internal body reaction, hearing a 'tick' like a radiator, or floor creaking, and having this flash go off. Sort of like the intial burst of the 'fight or flight' scenario.

I haven't really given it much thought, and i'm not denying it could be anything else, but that's what I have come to the conclusion of, also helps me get on with things quicker, not worrying whether there's someone with a camera watching me as I go about my day hehe.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabejaha
I too have expereince this multiple times, however I have always put it down to an internal body reaction, hearing a 'tick' like a radiator, or floor creaking, and having this flash go off. Sort of like the intial burst of the 'fight or flight' scenario.

I haven't really given it much thought, and i'm not denying it could be anything else, but that's what I have come to the conclusion of, also helps me get on with things quicker, not worrying whether there's someone with a camera watching me as I go about my day hehe.

That was exactly my initial thought; a biophysical reaction, perhaps a burst of adrenaline, creating flashes in my mind. And to be frankly, I rationalized it also to ease my mind (not wanting to worry about flashes when I am lying in bed). However, when the flashes occured more, it sank in me that the "biophysical reasoning" could hardly be the cause, simply as I often hear "ticks" and "cracks" everywhere (also in the bedroom) without the flashes.

I am not claiming that ghosts or aliens are creating these flashes (and I am still trying to find a logical explanation, though I am not sure whether there is one) however I am glad they haven't occured with me anymore as they really scared me, heh.

Paranoid Duck

[edit on 23-12-2006 by Paranoid Duck]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

i too have experienced this flash of light coming off a wall in the middle of the day, it came from this window above my head, i looked out and nothing was there, i assumed it was somone taking pictures but the flash concentrated from the right, then engulfed the rest of the room, lasted a split second just like a camera flash.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi. I had the same thing happen to me this morning in my kitchen. The difference with me is that the person next to me looked at me and said “what the heck was that?” I asked what are you talking about and she said, that flash of light!
a reply to: Frith

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Frith, let me add please, sorry to hear about your retina detachment. Anyway, my girlfriend claims to have seen a “ghost” twice in the house. Both times was mid morning and looking out the bedroom door down the hall. 1st time a man came into the hall and turned away from her and disappeared down the hall. She thought it was me coming back from work early, lol she called my name 3 times before realizing it wasn’t me. He had on a blue shirt which is the same color as my uniform. 2nd time. Same place but turning out of the hall going in to the dining room. Then while watching tv on the couch the kitchen water faucet came on wide open “by itself”. All I have seen is the light flash. a reply to: Frith

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join