It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bottled Water Better Than Tap Water?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Our water supplies are contaminated indiscriminately and are no accountability for that.

We get reports and statistics from the same people and agencies that are supposed to keep safety standards for the population.

But we can not trust them anymore, what was once a great agency is now run by private interest due to cuts on funds.

The private funding and their interest do no rest with us the population but the people they are trying to protect.

Our water resources are polluted they are been polluted everyday with the lack of control by our government on safety standards.

I can tell you this much, since I have been drinking bottle water my once non stop head aches has diminished greatly.

So I guess I have something to talk about.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Man I swear, I think I am starting to see why conspiracy theorists have been looked at as loonies for so long now. 30 years is an adequate amount of time for anything horrible to begin showing up in our generation. If any alleged issues are remotely true of flouridated water, we would be seeing pretty close to a pandemic in the majority of the populations where the municipilaties are utlizing this treatment.

Only if it were a veritable plague of illnesses and disease...
what if it wasn't quite that bad... well, thats ok then i suppose?

Flouride isn't good for you...
point of fact, even government documents show that too much can cause permanent harm...
Even the CDC agrees
and here is a guy you could relate to: he also thought flouride alertists were loonie...
then he looked at the "real science" behind the claims of the 40's when flouridation of water was introduced... and found them severly lacking of "real science" and overwhelming with "real profit" ...
you might be enlightened by reading about his quest and acheivment of real knowledge (rather than ignorant assumption) on the topic

Fluoride: A Statement of Concern by Phd Paul Connett

and of course...
after all that, you might want to join the 7000 health proffessionals, and other members of 11 EPA unions in signing a petition to congress, to address and change the situation.

the scientists agree: STOP flouridating water.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yea, I used to think the whole fluoride conspiracy thing was ridiculous..."a communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids" is what I would usually retort with, sarcastically. Until I actually read about it and found the studies showing its harm, and that there is absolutely no good reason for fluoride to be in the water. There was even a study showing that the highest amount of fluoride in the body is stored in the pineal gland in the brain...the part of the brain which regulates hormones like serotonin and melatonin. Oh, but now everyone is drinking fluoride, and also has antidepressants to boost their naturally low serotonin levels...interesting. I just think there is enough evidence to show it is bad, and hardly any to show it is good if you already have a normal dental care regimen. I will be happy to drink tap water when they remove the fluoride, but until then, no thanks...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think people are really missing the point.

What the article is saying, contrary to what many believe, is that there is NOT this huge divide between the quality of bottled water vs tap water. Sure, in some instances bottled is better than tap and visa versa, but in the grand scheme of things, ITS WATER!

The same people who say "Im gonna drink bottled because its better for you" are just as likely to down that bottled water with a Double Whopper.

This debate is like trying to argue the evilness between saints with the devil as the mediator...

[edit on 27-10-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't know about the quality of the tap water through out the country but in Southern California out tap water can get pretty nasty. The Flouride is one thing, but the strong odor of Chlotine is totally unacceptable. Seriously the odor can be as strong as swimming pool water.

THe bacteria growing on the inside of the pipes in my building could be the highest in the country. And if you don't run water through a faucet at least once a day than sepia water comes out for 40 seconds. I could use more metals and minerals in my diet but not from that source Really gross
again.

I have used the Brittas and other filters and although they do work they are a little overwhelmed with my tap water. So, I have to go get 1 gallon jugs of arrowhead or sparkletts a day. I don't care if it's not as pure as rain water collected in sterilized cups, blessed by the pope and then bottled or whatever. It's cleaner than my tap water.

The taste of my tap water is so heavy in chlorine that it's actually given me acid reflux before after drinking it.

Also, I wouldn't rely on what your learning at Wal Mart. They will indoctrinate you into believing anything if it will help you sell product. Believe me I've seen how Wal Mart treats it's employees first hand, from the inside, and it's not right. Sad they don't see it for themselves.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This Spring I purchased and installed a rainfresh two filter system with tap. Claims I could run lake water and it would be OK to drink. Well I run City water through the system and am impressed with no noticeable odours or off-taste.

My kettle has stopped gathering that white crust too.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Bottled water usually doesn't taste all that much different...
but one thing it doesn't have, is industrial waste mixed with it,

Many bottled waters are actually the end product of industrial treatment processes. Coke and Pepsi make a bottled water, its not from a spring, its industrially produced.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Many bottled waters are actually the end product of industrial treatment processes. Coke and Pepsi make a bottled water, its not from a spring, its industrially produced.

I agree... upon some further research...
bottled water also has the contaminants of the plastic itself, and some of the processes with cleaning the bottle aren't that great either...

I am going to suggest the alternative not mentioned.
(which of course, has its own problems)
buy a water well away from an agricultural center, or oil field...
get a reverse osmosis treatment center, and filter it as you need it.
then you might finally be able to drink water that wont cause you problems...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Or you could just drink tap water and bottled water, because in the end, its pretty much alright.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This largely depends upon where you live. We buy bottled water because you can taste the difference especially when you make coffee in the morning.

Coffee with tap water is drinkable and certainly better than no coffee at all but when we make our Starbucks French Roast with bottled water is is out of this world good.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ironically, we just got a notice today saying not to drink the tap water in our town because its been contaminated with lead.

You win lazarus, now stop poisoning my water!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good 'ol "Council Pop"

Here in Staffordshire (UK) it has been proven that our tap water is as and possibly cleaner than the bottled variety.

Me I drink tap water, to be a island surrounded by water, to have the rainfall that we get then it would be stupid to go and buy bottled water when I'm already paying for tap water.

Bottled water was and is still a great marketing job, wished I had thought of it.

[edit on 27/10/06 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

not to drink the tap water in our town because its been contaminated with lead.

Just lead? You're lucky! Someone poisoned ours with rat poison (strychnine)...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I drink bottled spring water specifically because of taste. I was raised on spring water as we got our tap water directly from underground springs. Yes I can taste the difference between R.O. (desani/auqafina) and spring water as well as municipal processed tap water.

My water of preference is Evian because it most closely matches the water I grew up on. Although there are more minerals and many don't like it, the taste is fresh and clean to me.

I was lucky enough to be able to drink right out running springs while hiking the mountains that surrounded our house.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
alls im going to say is

just because some are unsure whats in regular tap water, doesnt mean we can assume we know whats in bottled water, and that it is a "safe" alternative

[edit on 27-10-2006 by SteveG]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In cases of natural disasters like i.e. a volcano eruption, it is nice to have a supply of bottled water.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Save Water, Drink Beer!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Coffee with tap water is drinkable and certainly better than no coffee at all but when we make our Starbucks French Roast with bottled water is is out of this world good.

Dear God!

Is there no end to American decadence?

There are poor people right here in the US drinking generic instant coffee prepared with boiling hot tap water as we speak.

Oh, the humanity!

Warning: Strong Language

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2006/10/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ive been drinking out of my artisian well for about 20 year's and I have absolutely no health problem's.Bottled water is one of the biggest scam's of the last 20 year's,and if you don't like the taste just get one of those filter's that attach to youre water fosset.You will save ALOT of money if youre a water drinker.

Personally I dont think that even half the population in this country even drink water on a regular basis considering the obesity epidemic in this country hardly anyone is health concious.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Samblack]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I never noticed before how the ads that pop up on different threads are catagorized with the subject in the thread.

Not sure how healthy your water is, or what's in your water?

Try the test kit on the ad on the side bar to the right for a low, low price of ....

[edit on 27/10/06 by Keyhole]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join