posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
I'm here to tell my family UFO story. It goes like this...
My mother is originally from Peru and came to the US in the early 1960's to attend college. She comes from a large catholic family of 7 brothers and
sisters. My mother's siblings were much older than her (12-24 yrs) when she was born, so many of them are no longer with us... including my aunt
Alicia who witnessed the UFO. The story was told to me by my father who also has an interest in the phenomenon. My father learned of the event from
my aunt Nelly, who is now in her mid-70's and still visits us every couple of years. Nelly does not speak conversant english so my mother translated
the story to my father.
My aunt Alicia (the witness) has long since passed after losing a battle with cancer. I never knew her. The event happened in the 1960's in
Chimbote, Peru. My aunt was sitting on the back patio/deck of the residence enjoying the day when she started to get an uneasy feeling. She turned
her head to survey the landscape (people in Peru are quite poor and don't have large backyards like we do here in the States so I'm using the word
landscape) and to her utter amazement she watched a metallic disc begin to rise up into the air. The disc was "spinning" and only 5-6 feet in
diameter. My aunt was neither a marksman nor a rocket scientist (I'm not sure how good she was at visually judging distances) and I'm getting the
information third-hand...... but my understanding is the disc was quite close, as in less than 100 ft. Basically the disc rose up and took off. The
event shook my aunt up fairly severely as it took her several years, perhaps even a decade before she told anyone.
Here are some of my thoughts regarding my aunt's sighting:
1) I have been to visit Peru and my extended family when I was 3 years old and as recent as 5 years ago. People have less material wealth there and
as such they really tend to have strong family values. My family is very close yet my aunt kept her experience a secret for a long time... why?
2) IF my aunt was seeking fame/fortune for her story why not develop a more interesting/elaborate hoax? And why wait so many years before telling
3) IF the said disc was of Russian or United States etc design.... why send it to Chimbote Peru? To observe an average peruvian female citizen
sitting on a deck? Doesn't make sense...
4) Many Peruvians are very catholic and my mom's family is no exception. They go to church every sunday in their best clothing. If my aunt wanted
to invent a hoax why not say she saw the Virgin Mary or something? It would make more sense (and probably bring more fame). How/why did she come up
with a metal disc?
5) Because of the apparent close proximity of the sighting one should assume that either my aunt is a liar or she saw what she saw. This isn't some
distant ball of light in the sky..... it was described as a disc and metallic and very close to her location.