It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auckland, NZ ULF Hum Detected-With Sample Recording.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have seen discussed in this forum, and on various websites, the ultra-low-frequency hum that some people can detect with un-assisted hearing.

Here is a report, of two scientists who are studying the phenomenon.

Story

I quote:

Scientists investigating a strange humming sound in the New Zealand city of Auckland believe they have pinpointed the frequency. The source of the noise, however, remains a mystery.

My question is haven't people speculated that this is some type of long-range communication technique for ship to shore, and submanrine operations? I've heard of Pine Gap in Australia; is anything based in NZ? Is this something more sinister?

Sampling of the noise:
Source

Can you hear it? What is it?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm very interested in this- yet no one else seems to be. Does anyone know what this is?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It has a name!

Unidentified Acoustic Phenomena (UAP).

I was just about to start a thread about this, here's a news article, its a running item in most local news sources at the moment.

From Sydney Morning Herald:
The humming noise has been reported mainly in the city and the North Shore but equipment has been unable to officially record or detect the sound.

Dr Moir said he had been inundated with reports from people about the noise and also from people who had similar experiences in other parts of New Zealand and around the world.

The scientists are preparing to investigate what they are calling the Unidentified Acoustic Phenomena... (more)

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've seen that. But I've also heard stories about the same thing happening in the southwest USA. Which leads me to think- maybe this is some sort of global comm system, specifically for land and sea based craft.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah that is the first thing that would spring to my mind beyond something like mining, construction, or normal industrial activity.

new topics

join