It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Bee so far Found in Amber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is so far the oldest bee fossil ever discovered, the bad news? its a male! since females are the ones responsible for pollinating scientists will not fully understand
how this bee affected the pollination process back in time.

This will also give enough DNA material to compare to a modern day bee of simmilar species (Melittosphex burmensis) and see if any differences do arise? proof for evolution? who knows.....

Source:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 10/26/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is a photo:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of Jurassic Park.
Cant wait to see what else we discover as time goes by.We seem to ;earn something new every day.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A hundred million years... unreal.

And the tadbit about wasps and bees being linked is interesting...

Speaking about Jurassic Park: do you think that they'd clone the dna of the bee so that they could study it first hand? who knows what kind of new wasps and bees we could breed then! (

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow 100 million years, most people cant even comprehend how much time that is. I wander why bees and other species have had little evolutionary changes and yet some species like us for an example changed so dramatically.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah I've heard this argument before, I belive its because apparently bees have had no reason to evolve for the past millions of years... as they are so perfect.

[edit on 10/30/2006 by a1ex]

new topics

top topics

join