It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women who do not wear the hijab are like uncovered meat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sheikh Taj el-Din al-Hilali said women who did not wear a hijab (head dress) were like "uncovered meat". He is Australia's most senior muslim cleric. He has now apologised. Leading muslim women condemnded the comments.

news.bbc.co.uk
Leading Muslim women condemned the comments and PM John Howard said the remarks were "appalling".

"The idea that women are to blame for rapes is preposterous," Mr Howard told reporters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion this is further evidence of how muslim men use Islam to oppress the women who practice it. Muslim women do not have to wear the hijab and people often debate the fact that the hijab is more a cultural symbol rather than a religious one.

I also believe that british muslim women have been either brainwashed or forced to where the hijab and veil but only recently after the 9/11 attacks. I say this because I hade never seen a muslim woman wearing a veil before these terrorist attacks and I live in a predominantly muslim community.

I agree with what Jack Straw said that this effects how muslim women integrate within the community.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread228703/pg1

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Please see the on-going thread on the same topic,
Thanks for posting, and please add your thoughts to the above thread,

Thanks Asala

Thread closed

new topics

join