It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Canada not pulling their weight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Is this how the Majority perceive Canada????

Absolutely not. This is just a demonstration of how desperate the republicans are, and the lengths they will go to try to deflect blame of how things are going.

Don't worry, you are still our friends.

Please disregard all statements from any politician until after the election.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow. Have you guys even seen the commercial? Every thing they said including the comment about canada was completely sarcastic. If I can find a link to it somewhere I'll post it but no one was talking bad about canada.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's true, I saw the ad also. It wasn't a hit on Canada, it was just trying to make Ford look weak on national security (i.e. "let somebody else deal with it") Any country could have been named. It's my understanding that even Corker (the Republican running against Ford for Frist's seat) has disavowed the ad and tried to distance himself from it, he even said it offended him (the church pews and playboy parts he noted were offensive, I don't think anyone even noticed or read into the Canada part down here) The ad just implied Ford was willing to pass-the-buck on national security. I can't vote in Tennessee so I have no idea what either of their actual politics are.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here it is, I think you guys owe someoen an apology. =]

www.youtube.com...

Notice the sarcasm through the entire clip.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that link to the actual ad.

Now that I've seen it, I can say with all due honesty that Canadians should not be offended by it... but everyone else should.

What a stupid ad! Is this what politics has boiled down to? Say nothing of your own, just attack the other guy. It's representitive of a system that has been badly perverted and abused.

The Republican National Party should be ashamed of itself for releasing this kind of crap.

Edit: I missed a very important "not". Sorry for confussion.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Thanks for posting that link to the actual ad.

Now that I've seen it, I can say with all due honesty that Canadians should be offended by it... but everyone else should.

What a stupid ad! Is this what politics has boiled down to? Say nothing of your own, just attack the other guy. It's representitive of a system that has been badly perverted and abused.

The Republican National Party should be ashamed of itself for releasing this kind of crap.

Um, no. If you listen to the context of the ad, it would mean the opposite of what was said. Personally, this looks to me as a candidate actually thinks Canada IS not only an ally but one "pulling it's weigh".

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If the world were one big neighborhood barbeque, Canada would be the neighbor who brings a bag of coals when we're grillin' with propane....

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo_Six_Lincoln
If the world were one big neighborhood barbeque, Canada would be the neighbor who brings a bag of coals when we're grillin' with propane....

I'm assuming you are posting in the same manner as the ad.

BTW, if we showed up at that BBQ, we would have brought the beer and the ultimate whiskey.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

BTW, if we showed up at that BBQ, we would have brought the beer and the ultimate whiskey.

Sorry friend, Canadian Beer is second to none, but the ultimate whiskey comes from Scotland!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Originally posted by intrepid

Sorry friend, Canadian Beer is second to none, but the ultimate whiskey comes from Scotland!

Oops, I meant rye, not malt.

Side note, Canada recently sent 2/3 of it's special forces(JTF2) to Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ack.
I typoed my last post... please see edit.

BTW, everyone (in Canada, anyway) knows that coals are way better for BBQ than gas.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Ack.
I typoed my last post... please see edit.

BTW, everyone (in Canada, anyway) knows that coals are way better for BBQ than gas.

its well known here in the states too =]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh, yeah, for sure.

I'd bring my own grill too, because propane sux.

Also, I'd be bringing my own Bruce County 2" steaks and lots of Alexander Keiths.

Now, back on topic. Canada has always pulled it's weight whenever something was worthwhile doing. (Key word: worthwhile). A little jaunt into the history books wouldn't hurt.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Are we all good now?

Americans can be a bit pushy, geo-centric and ignorant regarding other nations issues, but I don't know a single US citizen who dislikes Canada or Canadians.

PS: There is no better Walleye fishing anywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah I know fellas, kinda juvenille. I'm just bored at work. Anyways, thanks for "Molson Ice" Canada....a decent tasting, fair priced, for those with budget in mind who still want to get wasted, beer. I like the bottle cap puzzle insert too- clever. I've just motivated myself to pick up a 12'er and a "pie" from Dominoe's with Canadian bacon on it...well here it's just called...HAAAAAMMMM !!!

[edit on 27-10-2006 by Echo_Six_Lincoln]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

with Canadian bacon on it...well here it's just called...HAAAAAMMMM !!!

Just an FYI:
"Canadian Bacon" isn't ham. It's cut from a different part of the pig and cured differently. In Canada, it's not called Canadian Bacon, either... it's Back Bacon.

Oh... and Moslen Ice is crap beer. If you want something with kick but doesn't taste like hell, try Maudite (link). Yes, it's a Quebecer beer, but it's damned tasty.

Almost any local micro brewery turns out beers that just kick serious arse. One of my favorites is Granville Island Brewery. Merry Monks Doppelbock soon! WOOT!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
...Im just glad our Canadian friends dont think we all think of canada this way.

I dont care how the ad insinuates it.... I dont like the idea they said "canada can take care of it" they should have said "someone else can take care of North Korea" ......

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The RNCC isn't alone though they are by far the worst perpetrators in this particular election cycle according to Factcheck.org.

www.factcheck.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join