It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost City in pictures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Taken from a British daily newspaper.

A British-led team has found a lost city of the Incas using hi-tech infra-red cameras.

Llactapata is just two miles from the famous Incan city of Machu Pichu, Peru, which 500,000 tourist visit each year.

Bristol-based explorer Hugh Thomson, 43, made the new discovery 9,00ft up the Andes mountain.

He said infra-red equipment made his task a lot easier. He said: "You can simply see the ruins through the camera."

Thomson thinks Llactapata was an important ceremonial site. It was abandoned about 500 years ago when Incas fled the Spanish Conquistadors.

I'll post the URL for any sites I find regarding this.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Found it!
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/11/07/winca07.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/11/07/ixworld.html

Using an infra-red camera to peer through dense Peruvian forest cover for the first time, explorers have found a lost ruin which seems to be a sister site of the Inca ceremonial city of Machu Picchu.

Flying over the Andes in a single engined Cessna, the Anglo-American expedition found Llactapata when the camera picked out the outlines of stone buildings, which retain heat, unlike vegetation.

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hmmm...Well, if they can see it, then that means it's not a "lost" city anymore, does it?

At any rate, I wonder what it's going to take to get an exploritory expedition out there for a closer look? I've always had an interest about the old Toltec & Aztec societies (Not quite as much interest as I have for Egypt, but nobody's perfect, huh?) & a newly-discovered Inca city is close enough to catch my interest.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Maybe they will find the lost Incan gold buried there

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
-edit- never mind I need some sleep

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This kind of technology takes all the fun out of "exploring".

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is already posted halfway down the page here.

It is an interesting find, I am keeping my eyes peeled for more updates on what they find.

new topics

top topics

join