It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try and make the world a better place!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
there is only a small half of the world who has what they really need (Food,healthy water,energy,medical aid,etc.)!! lets begin with reducing our consumption!!

I'm a 23 year old guy who lives in EU , in a small country called Belgium. Belgium is like a dot remaining unnoticed when u look at a globe.But when WWF said the world is overconsuming resources in a way that we are using 33 % more then the earth could provide us . I started thinking : what can i do. And suddenly it struck me ! I'm 1 of the bad guys who destroys my own planet (who created me!! and feeds me,gives me air,water).

So i said 2 myself lets start a thread on how we could make the world 2 stop overconsuming resources!!! like:

Ways on saving on stuff!!!
Stuff that is very poluting
Resourse rich products
boycott of industries who polute
things who demand huge amounts of energy

everything that could help the world reduce it consumption of recources and polution is welcom on this thread, any ideas, links! Thx in advance

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Spartannic]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I read that so much unwanted junk mail is sent to people here in the U.S. that it equals about 34 pounds for every man, woman, and child each year.

That's a lot of trees thrown in the trash. It irritates me to no end how wasteful that is.

Heres a link that might be helpful for anyone interested in stopping "the junk mail".

www.ecocycle.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
While the idea of the thread is noble, and a good idea.

This is'nt ATSNN material, it should be in the
Fragile Earth section.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So far, nothing short of boycotting goods from companies that over produce goods, or recylcing will help the Earth at this point. We're so far past the point of anything else, that nothing much else will be effective. An article I read yesterday said Earth's resources will be cut by half in 20 years. That includes fish, trees, water, and clean air.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hej Spartannic, I fully agree with your approach to tackle the death ride.
I've tried (more or less) to follow a similar path for 40 years. Still I have to buy a computer now or then or enter a plane or etc.

I covered the WWF report myself yesterday, and I'm also one who wonders why this goes on ATSNN.

Belongs to "Fragile Earth".

top topics

join