It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

f-22 rollout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hi Every body

It's been along time since my last post. I run a summer a summer business so hopefully I'll be able to be "hang around" more.

Yes I know this a cut and paste post.

It is great ot see that they have reached the point that they can stage them outside of NOrth America.

this is from www.military.com/features/0,15240,117365,00.html?ESRC=airforce.nl

If you go the site there is a picture. Is that the primer coat? Is it sandy colored intentionally. Does any body know of a sandy place with lots of american soldiers?

Could this be useful there?

If it's primer tell me. If they come in more than one color I'll order a red one withyellow pin strips, a seven speaker sterio and a real sized spare tire!

Gen. Carlise statement was well cafted. I hope it was well received.

C'Yaa
Dead Steve

First F-22 Slated for Pacific Rolls Out
Air Force Print News | October 20, 2006
Marietta, GA. - Lockheed Martin rolled out the first combat-capable F-22 Raptor Oct. 16 destined for basing and operations in the Pacific Rim.

Raptor 5087 completed its final assembly, with Air Force leaders from Alaska and Lockheed Martin employees on hand to mark the event outside the production line in Marietta.

"Today's F-22 roll out marks another significant milestone for the F-22 program," said Nick Cessario, vice president and F-22 program deputy general manager. "The Raptor industrial team is proud to continue to produce this revolutionary 5th generation stealth fighter for the United States Air Force."

Speaking before Lockheed Martin F-22 production employees, Brig. Gen. Herbert J. Carlisle, commander of the 3rd Wing at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, said, "Great Americans wear all kinds of clothes. Some wear military uniforms, some wear suits and ties, while others wear blue jeans and t-shirts while they build the F-22. You are all great Americans and I thank you."

The F-22 Raptor is currently assigned to four bases across the United States. Testing is conducted at Edwards AFB, Calif. Tactics development is ongoing at Nellis AFB, Nev. A full squadron of Raptors is based at Tyndall AFB, Fla., for pilot and maintainer training. Operational F-22s at the 1st Fighter Wing are assigned to two squadrons at Langley AFB, Va.

Future F-22 bases identified by Air Force officials include Elmendorf AFB; Holloman AFB, N.M.; and Hickam AFB, Hawaii.

Raptors from Langley deployed to Alaska in June for joint exercise Northern Edge. The F-22's performance was declared exceptional by Air Force officials who touted the ability of pilots and maintainers to fly a 97-percent sortie rate; successfully drop and hit 26 of 26 ground targets; and amass an air-to-air kill ratio of 140-0 during the first week of the exercise.
Sound Off...What do you think? Join the discussion.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by dead steve] can any body tell how to stop double posting like this?

[edit on 25-10-2006 by dead steve]

[edit on 25-10-2006 by dead steve]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think this has to do with creating a homogenous skin color for subsequent painting.

While I have seen early F-22s in a more or less yellow zinc chromate color 'as with days of yore'; with the confluence of titanium and composites as principle skin coatings, as well as the need for specific EMI, corrosion and perhaps abrasion unified protections, more and more jets seem to now be in this brownish-red 'rust' colored primer.

KPl.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
KPs spot on. The roll-out JSF looked exactly the same. I think everyone has finally gotten over the need to paint an aircraft a different colour every time the operating environment has a slightly different shade of tan...

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the info gang. Obviously I do not get to see many aircraft rolled out.

are there "alternate" paint jobs for the stealth fleet?

Dead steve
Team unity above all else.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by dead steve]

new topics

top topics

join