It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN - If we go to war - who's fault!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We're bogged down in 2 wars and people are making posts about how we can take on Iran or NorthKorea.. Talking about conventional warfare and ground troops. I've yet to see anyone lay down a reason/plan/why that makes since. I've read enough threads with (scenarios) on what will happen in a timeline fassion this way and the other. Im surprised. This is my thought on the situation. What happens next is big. It'll be a nuke on American soil. So lets start with that. Its the only scenario that makes since. Will it be an American ploy to unite the Americans or a real situation where we are hit or a nuke smuggled in is launched? Who will believe who? How will the American people react?

What happens next?

Lets keep the response civil and on topic please.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by madmangunradio]

[edit on 25-10-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Madman, I've been trying to work out what type of target would be picked in the US to do just what you suggest in generating a massive outcryfrom the public and one that would gel people together.
its going to have to be something big to top 9/11 and something that causes a greater loss of life.

The possibilities of an attack are an attack on a nuke power plant, the core is well prtotected but if the cooling systems were damaged causing the core to go critical thats a remote possibility. Chemical/ biological attack either directly into the air, or contamination of water and food supplies. The general public are are at the greatest risk, planes could be hit but with security allegedly better and air marshalls on planes may prevent this. It could be something symbolic like the White House being hit. I'd be more inclined to think it would be chemical/biological, such weapons spread the greatest fear and have the potential to kill many people very quickly, you only need small amount of the material making their use more likely.

As to who would do it, well you can say it would be Muslim Terrorists but thats what we would all expect is it not but that does not mean that forces within the Goverment/Secret Services would not have a hand in it. Again plenty of smoke will be generated to keep everybody guessing just like 9/11 and 7/7. But I hope I'm wrong I dont want to see more innocent people dying no matter who they are or where they are.

new topics

join