It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese massacres Tibetan refugees

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog

Also, Do climbers ascend from Nepal side or china side ? If from Nepal side.. then I wondered if those were chinese soldiers at all...

Even China said it was Chinese soldiers. But they spun it around and said that the refugees attacked the soldiers with weapons. Though I don't see any weapons, do you?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The way I believe that the vid is heavily edited.. who knows... Western media has never been kind to China... and China is, in my opinion ' the most picked upon country'. The recent riot in Hungary, where they hijacked a tank.. if it were to happened in China.. I'm sure the Media spin will be different.

But if the Tibetians wants to leave.. I say let them.... then it's just me living thousands of miles away.. but I figure.. if a Exiled Tibetian, who grew up in the States, who did a short visit and comments for his opinion .. so can I, since, I too visited Tibet last year with my family. Our Tibetian Guide told us that many of the beggars there are professionals and makes a reasonable income...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Western media has never been kind to China... and China is, in my opinion ' the most picked upon country'.

In what ways? CNN, BBC, MSNBC, etc. did not even mention what happened in Tibet. Nobody talks about Tibet. And I am sure 99.99% of Westerners have no idea what the Falun Gong is or what is happening to them in China. I think that is pretty nice!

Our Tibetian Guide told us that many of the beggars there are professionals and makes a reasonable income...

That is something China would instruct people to say. Just like how the fleeing refugees had weapons and attacked the soldiers. The thing is...many sources criticize China on Human Rights issues...the only people who say life is all great is China.

I would agree with you that China would like to rewrite history though, about the occupation of Tibet and what happened there. And that there are so many jobs for Tibetans but those lazy asses just want to be beggars. That is why there are so many beggars.

That just doesn't really make sense, Tibetan tourist guide or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
In what ways? CNN, BBC, MSNBC, etc. did not even mention what happened in Tibet. Nobody talks about Tibet. And I am sure 99.99% of Westerners have no idea what the Falun Gong is or what is happening to them in China. I think that is pretty nice!
Got to be kidding... I got wind of the incident from BBC... also from CNN too.. I think.

That is something China would instruct people to say. Just like how the fleeing refugees had weapons and attacked the soldiers. The thing is...many sources criticize China on Human Rights issues...the only people who say life is all great is China.
Any sources ??

I would agree with you that China would like to rewrite history though, about the occupation of Tibet and what happened there.
From what I, googled, and understand, China do have a strong case in terms of historical events... no difference from Younghusband invasion of Dalia Lama 13# Tibet. And Tibet was a sh!thole to majority of Tibetian before the communist invasion.

And that there are so many jobs for Tibetans but those lazy asses just want to be beggars. That is why there are so many beggars.
Well, you havven't been around much .. have you ? In south East Asian Countries... there are professionals beggars.. nothing surprising I assure you.

That just doesn't really make sense, Tibetan tourist guide or not.
How the hell I know.. do you ? It makes sense.. if you know that it's a job description in Asia.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by mobydog]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Got to be kidding... I got wind of the incident from BBC... also from CNN too.. I think.

Please find a link to either CNN or BBC reporting this because I have been trying to find one. Not to mention I watch CNN all the time and nothing ever was said about this.

Any sources ??

Sources on China instructing people to say things that are positive for China?

Chinese censorship of news. I don't need to find a source for that.

From what I, googled, and understand, China do have a strong case in terms of historical events... no difference from Younghusband invasion of Dalia Lama 13# Tibet. And Tibet was a sh!thole to majority of Tibetian before the communist invasion.

From what you "googled"? You mean like you don't know? I don't know why an unconcerned foreigner living thousands of miles away would actually be defending China in these clear of circumstances. That just seems odd

And so what if Tibet was a sh!thole? Does that somehow give China a right to do what it did/does?

Do you also agree with the West invading countries to spread democracy?

How the hell I know.. do you ? It makes sense.. if you know that it's a job description in Asia.

I never said I knew, I said it doesn't make sense.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Please find a link to either CNN or BBC reporting this because I have been trying to find one. Not to mention I watch CNN all the time and nothing ever was said about this.
Look harder...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.foxnews.com...

Sources on China instructing people to say things that are positive for China?

Chinese censorship of news. I don't need to find a source for that.
Instructing = censoring ....

From what you "googled"? You mean like you don't know? I don't know why an unconcerned foreigner living thousands of miles away would actually be defending China in these clear of circumstances. That just seems odd
Since when did I defended the shooting ?

Generally, I googled and yahooed for more info.. why should I take your word as sacre.. like anyone else.. I read about it time to time.

And so what if Tibet was a sh!thole? Does that somehow give China a right to do what it did/does?
I also mentioned the historical aspect... and how about Hawaii and Sikkim ?? Latin America and South East Asia.... and Iraq was invaded for 9/11 and WMD ... not for democracy.

Do you also agree with the West invading countries to spread democracy?
Hell.. no.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Western media has never been kind to China... and China is, in my opinion ' the most picked upon country'.

How come every non-chinese person in my community knows the torturng story of Falun Gong in the way Falun Gong ppl told them? Not in the way chinese people think of Falun Gong?

Of course you wouldn't know that the Falun Gong ppl are lying, if you have never been exposed the truth.

and most americans are too biased to hear the truth from chinese ppl, that they rather assume what Falun Gong ppl said are the truth.

That's why I kind have the same feeling toward tibetans, I'm constantly hearing different point of views about their lives, I not sure what the reality is like, and i would like to go to tibet some times in the future, and find out who's lying, with my own eyes.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The way I believe that the vid is heavily edited.. who knows... Western media has never been kind to China... and China is, in my opinion ' the most picked upon country'. The recent riot in Hungary, where they hijacked a tank.. if it were to happened in China.. I'm sure the Media spin will be different.

But if the Tibetians wants to leave.. I say let them.... then it's just me living thousands of miles away.. but I figure.. if a Exiled Tibetian, who grew up in the States, who did a short visit and comments for his opinion .. so can I, since, I too visited Tibet last year with my family. Our Tibetian Guide told us that many of the beggars there are professionals and makes a reasonable income...

I was born in India, lived there for 14 years.... the hardship that myself and my people have endured and still are, you can't just put them in some paragraphs....

You ask the oppressed about how they feel about their situation, NOT THE OPPRESSOR !

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

K4rupt what BS and ignorance are you talking about? You say that in every post yet never reference it. Is it the BS that China invaded Tibet, suppressed the people and culture and is now sending Han Chinese there [which now Tibetans are the minority in their own country]? What BS are you referencing?

Um.. how about the part on forced sterilization? Tibetans aren't even SUBJECT to the one-child policy... that's as much b.s. as one can do... And, retinoid, I'm sure you know VERY well how it feels to force someone off their land and force them in being a minority int heir own land... You live in the mainland U.S. am I correct? You're basically living a life that is EXACTLY what you condemn that Han Chinese of doing... How can someone be so hypocritical?

And why are you bringing up the Native Americans? lol. Because Europe and America persecuted people hundreds of years ago, it is okay for China to, and the people who never supported their country's persecution cannot speak up for others being persecuted? I don't understand your logic

Uh, I never said it was okay for China to do so... But you're talking like the EU and the US has NEVER and IS NOT doing anything remotely as bad as China... Two Tibetans got shot and there is hell fury in you... 600,000 innocent Iraqis died because of the U.S. invasion, and I see you VERY VERY quiet about that.

I understand China is your country, but that doesn't mean you need to defend the bad things it does.

Tata

When have I? I'm just showing BOTH sides of the story and showing how hyopcritical YOU are.

Tata.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
That's why I kind have the same feeling toward tibetans, I'm constantly hearing different point of views about their lives, I not sure what the reality is like, and i would like to go to tibet some times in the future, and find out who's lying, with my own eyes.

Yes, Why don't do that, see it with your own eyes !
I've been to Tibet and i've shared my experience on this forum, but it is obvious that you did not read it (posted on 29-10-2006 at 10:27 PM - Page 5), or would you rather have me paste it here ? since you, k4rupt, and chinawhite purposely do not wanting to see the truth because it hurts the false pretty picture that China has painted over itselve

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You do too dear, since you don't have first hand accounts of anything you are saying on this thread either

My argument does not need first hand accounts

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

But they spun it around and said that the refugees attacked the soldiers with weapons. Though I don't see any weapons, do you?

Attacked them with weapons?.

Gez, if i read this correctly, it seems like your telling a lie

A few seconds of clip of people accending a mountain does not show what happened before hand

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Himalayan

I've been to Tibet and i've shared my experience on this forum, but it is obvious that you did not read it (posted on 29-10-2006 at 10:27 PM - Page 5), or would you rather have me paste it here ? since you, k4rupt, and chinawhite purposely do not wanting to see the truth because it hurts the false pretty picture that China has painted over itselve

I've experienced enough of Falun Gong media, and I see nothing but a full load of BS lies and propagandas, which has totally destroyed the image of the western medias in my mind.
and I've seen more than enough Taiwan news, and yet what i see is anther full load of BS lies and propagandas.

comparatively, CNN is one of the most unbiased media i've come accross so far, but even CNN make quite biased reports often.

yes, I have read your previous post, but when people view certain things with a biased mind, the out come of what they see can be different.

I'd rather experience it myself.

[edit on 11/3/2006 by warset]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I was born in India, lived there for 14 years.... the hardship that myself and my people have endured and still are, you can't just put them in some paragraphs....

You ask the oppressed about how they feel about their situation, NOT THE OPPRESSOR !
You mean ... India oppressed you ?? as you said.. you were borned in India and suffered for 14 years there and people there still suffering.. ??

Let's put this in perspective.. the Tibet invasion was in 1959 (I think), and your people hasn't adapted there in India for the past 50 years...

I wonder, if the Chinese hasn't invaded, whether you would say the same thing - If you were to born in Tibet, and in Slave and serf familiy.. serving your master the Lama and family ?

On another note, as I understand it, one of the fundamental practice of Buddhism is to obstain from worldly desire... which include 'Power' and 'luxury' being the extreme... If that's the case, why are the Lamas running the country politically, and at the same time as a spirtual and religious leader? ... and owns slaves and lands ??? Conflict of interest ????

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

since you, k4rupt, and chinawhite purposely do not wanting to see the truth because it hurts the false pretty picture that China has painted over itselve

Has painted?

Have you even read your own post, you make tibet sound as if people are just killed in the streets at random. No one else has painted and pictures about china being a freedom loving demoractic country like you suggest, we are ONLY denying your description which you have painted without fact

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I was born in India, lived there for 14 years.

When did you go to "a Catholic school in San Francisco"?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I was born in India, lived there for 14 years.... the hardship that myself and my people have endured and still are, you can't just put them in some paragraphs...
You mean ... India oppressed you ?? as you said.. you were borned in India and suffered for 14 years there and people there still suffering.. ??

What?, i'm saying hardship that comes when living in exile.

I wonder, if the Chinese hasn't invaded, whether you would say the same thing - If you were to born in Tibet, and in Slave and serf family.. serving your master the Lama and family ?

Slave ? Serf ? my father side is farmer and my mother side is nomad, we live our own lives for our selves regardless of Monks and Lamas, we are not slave to anyone.
When we do something for monks, it is from our own Choice !
How many times do i've to repeat, Slaves and Master is a very small part of the Tibet. Majority of Tibetans lives are not based on that. I'm not surprised to hear such things, as it is a repeated lies.

On another note, as I understand it, one of the fundamental practice of Buddhism is to obstain from worldly desire... which include 'Power' and 'luxury' being the extreme... If that's the case, why are the Lamas running the country politically, and at the same time as a spirtual and religious leader? ... and owns slaves and lands ??? Conflict of interest ????

Theocratic govt is what Tibetan people are comfortable with and still are "BUT"in this day & age, such govt will be impossible to form & maintain, not to mention Tibetan ourselves would "NOT" be in favor for it.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Himalayan]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I've experienced enough of Falun Gong media, and I see nothing but a full load of BS lies and propagandas, which has totally destroyed the image of the western medias in my mind.
and I've seen more than enough Taiwan news, and yet what i see is anther full load of BS lies and propagandas.

comparatively, CNN is one of the most unbiased media i've come accross so far, but even CNN make quite biased reports often.

yes, I have read your previous post, but when people view certain things with a biased mind, the out come of what they see can be different.
I'd rather experience it myself.
[edit on 11/3/2006 by warset]

Yes, Being biased does not bring out the true situation to light. Go ! Go ! See for yourself, thats what i said before.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

since you, k4rupt, and chinawhite purposely do not wanting to see the truth because it hurts the false pretty picture that China has painted over itselve

Has painted?

Have you even read your own post, you make tibet sound as if people are just killed in the streets at random. No one else has painted and pictures about china being a freedom loving demoractic country like you suggest, we are ONLY denying your description which you have painted without fact

- No one has, but you are simply not wanting to look at the truth, look at the video and put aside your hatred and then judge it with your eyes and heart open

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

I was born in India, lived there for 14 years.

When did you go to "a Catholic school in San Francisco"?

1) Never have, I'm a Buddhist
2) Lets get back to the topic at hand....
i want to post replies to EVERYONE of yours and your comrades lies.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Himalayan]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join